Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most customers when they have questions or a problem that needs to be resolved.
In order to ensure your customers or clients are happy with the customer service they receive, it's even more important for you to provide exceptional customer service, including outstanding telephone service. Consumers expect better service than ever before, and the limitations of telephone communications don't exempt you from offering them the satisfaction and resolution they demand.
This course focuses on honing outstanding telephone customer service skills in order to meet customer needs and presenting a professional, knowledgeable image that reflects well on your company. When you have finished this course, you will know everything you need to make your customers feel valued and satisfied even under the most difficult circumstances.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today's WorldLearn about some of the challenges that meet telephone customer service providers today.
Lesson 2: Cultivating an Excellent Phone VoiceLearn how to speak clearly, effectively and positively to customers.
Lesson 3: First Impressions CountThis lesson explains essential techniques to answering phone calls to make a good first impression.
Lesson 4: Learning How to ListenThis lesson explores steps to enhance your active listening skills and responses to customers.
Lesson 5: Keeping the Conversation GoingAsking questions of customers over the phone is designed to determine specific information. Learn how with this lesson.
Lesson 6: Conference Calls and International Calling EtiquetteYou do not have to dread conference calls if you know how to set them up, keep them going, and make them effective. This lesson explores tips for creating a great call experience.
Lesson 7: Call Transfers and HoldsLearn the proper techniques for transferring calls and placing individuals on hold.
Lesson 8: Using Voice Mail and Taking MessagesTaking messages involves more than merely getting a name and number. This lesson explains the basics in detail.
Lesson 9: Screening CallsSometimes it may be necessary to screen calls for your boss or supervisor. This lesson will explain things you will need to remember.
Lesson 10: Selling on the TelephoneThis lesson explores the reason why what you say is more important than the product or service when selling on the telephone.
Lesson 11: Soothing Irate CustomersEvery once in a while, you may need to deal with an angry or irate customer. Lesson 11 explains the Service Recovery Model to soothe ruffled feathers.
Lesson 12: When You Have to Say, "No"Saying no is not always easy, but you can be assertive and polite at the same time. This lesson shows you how.
Lesson 13: Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer ServiceLesson 13 wraps up the course on telephone skills and customer service that will enhance your business needs.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Telephone Skills and Quality Customer ServiceCourse Number: 8900065Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Support/AdviceCEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: telephoneskills101.onlineclasses.comInstructor: John ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges of telephone customer service in today's world.
- Cultivate an excellent phone voice.
- Demonstrate first impressions.
- Describe methods for better listening.
- Describe ways to keep the conversation going.
- Describe conference calls and international calling etiquette.
- Describe etiquette for call transfers and holds.
- Describe best practices for using voicemail and taking messages.
- Summarize when to screen calls.
- Summarize best methods for selling on the telephone.
- Describe methods for soothing irate customers.
- Recognize when you have to say 'no', and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 1 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 1 : The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today’s World Exam 12 Lesson 2 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 2 : Cultivating an Excellent Phone Voice Exam 10 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 30 Quiz for Lesson 3 : First Impressions Count Exam 11 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 4 : Learning How to Listen Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 5 : Keeping the Conversation Going Exam 12 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 6 : Conference Calls and International Calling Etiquette Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 30 Quiz for Lesson 7 : Call Transfers and Holds Exam 10 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 30 Quiz for Lesson 8 : Using Voicemail and Taking Messages Exam 9 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 9 : Screening Calls Exam 7 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 10 : Selling on the Telephone Exam 10 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 11 : Soothing Irate Customers Exam 10 Lesson 12 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 12 : When You Have to Say “No” Exam 7 Lesson 13 Assignment Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 13 : Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer Service Exam 9 The Final Exam Exam 64 Total Points: 502
- "I was surprised how helpful this course was. I learned some very good tips." -- Marilyn S.
- "What was most helpful was the lesson on screening calls because I learned some new ways to handle them." -- Amy S.
- "The instructor was very pleasant and kept up with my pace for returning assignments and quiz results very well." -- Lauren B.
- "Very good organized class." -- GAKUNGA G.
- "The way the video was almost the same as the written so it was easy to fallow along. I learn better that way." -- Candis A.
- "Fabulous crash course on how to interact with customers better." -- Naomi B.
- "I really like this instructor. For never having met him I still feel comfortable that he knows his field and the course objectives." -- Timothy O.
- View More Testimonials...