Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most customers when they have questions or a problem that needs to be resolved.
In order to ensure your customers or clients are happy with the customer service they receive, it's even more important for you to provide exceptional customer service, including outstanding telephone service. Consumers expect better service than ever before, and the limitations of telephone communications don't exempt you from offering them the satisfaction and resolution they demand.
This course focuses on honing outstanding telephone customer service skills in order to meet customer needs and presenting a professional, knowledgeable image that reflects well on your company. When you have finished this course, you will know everything you need to make your customers feel valued and satisfied even under the most difficult circumstances.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today's WorldLearn about some of the challenges that meet telephone customer service providers today.
Lesson 2: Cultivating an Excellent Phone VoiceLearn how to speak clearly, effectively and positively to customers.
Lesson 3: First Impressions CountThis lesson explains essential techniques to answering phone calls to make a good first impression.
Lesson 4: Learning How to ListenThis lesson explores steps to enhance your active listening skills and responses to customers.
Lesson 5: Keeping the Conversation GoingAsking questions of customers over the phone is designed to determine specific information. Learn how with this lesson.
Lesson 6: Conference Calls and International Calling EtiquetteYou do not have to dread conference calls if you know how to set them up, keep them going, and make them effective. This lesson explores tips for creating a great call experience.
Lesson 7: Call Transfers and HoldsLearn the proper techniques for transferring calls and placing individuals on hold.
Lesson 8: Using Voice Mail and Taking MessagesTaking messages involves more than merely getting a name and number. This lesson explains the basics in detail.
Lesson 9: Screening CallsSometimes it may be necessary to screen calls for your boss or supervisor. This lesson will explain things you will need to remember.
Lesson 10: Selling on the TelephoneThis lesson explores the reason why what you say is more important than the product or service when selling on the telephone.
Lesson 11: Soothing Irate CustomersEvery once in a while, you may need to deal with an angry or irate customer. Lesson 11 explains the Service Recovery Model to soothe ruffled feathers.
Lesson 12: When You Have to Say, "No"Saying no is not always easy, but you can be assertive and polite at the same time. This lesson shows you how.
Lesson 13: Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer ServiceLesson 13 wraps up the course on telephone skills and customer service that will enhance your business needs.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the challenges of telephone customer service in today's world.
- Cultivate an excellent phone voice.
- Demonstrate first impressions.
- Describe methods for better listening.
- Describe ways to keep the conversation going.
- Describe conference calls and international calling etiquette.
- Describe etiquette for call transfers and holds.
- Describe best practices for using voicemail and taking messages.
- Summarize when to screen calls.
- Summarize best methods for selling on the telephone.
- Describe methods for soothing irate customers.
- Recognize when you have to say 'no', and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today’s World||Exam||12|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : Cultivating an Excellent Phone Voice||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : First Impressions Count||Exam||11|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Learning How to Listen||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Keeping the Conversation Going||Exam||12|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Conference Calls and International Calling Etiquette||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Call Transfers and Holds||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : Using Voicemail and Taking Messages||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Screening Calls||Exam||7|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Selling on the Telephone||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Soothing Irate Customers||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 : When You Have to Say “No”||Exam||7|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 13 : Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer Service||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||64|
- "Great class. I learned a lot. I got tips to help my Customer Service team." -- John S.
- "Both, this course and the instructor are great! I learned a lot while taking this course. I will recommend this course to other people!! I found the videos most helpful." -- Oscar T.
- "They course put together well. Detailed, Challenging." -- Roberta W.
- "All parts were valuable." -- Vivian M.
- "The examples and explanations were very clear." -- Billie P.
- "I was surprised how helpful this course was. I learned some very good tips." -- Marilyn S.
- "What was most helpful was the lesson on screening calls because I learned some new ways to handle them." -- Amy S.
- View More Testimonials...