with CEU Certificate
Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with those around you.
Although there are many sides to communication (including verbal interactions, nonverbal cues, and even using technology to maximize impact), there are a few basic fundamentals that span across the nation and around the globe. By understanding the way you communicate and increasing your knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiation, you can increase your probability for success with others.
Whether you are working in the business community, strengthening your personal relationships, or simply seeking to increase your comfort in reaching out to others as a whole, effective communication is your bridge from potentially hazardous misunderstandings to personal--and professional--success.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Recognizing and Understanding Communication StylesThis lesson will help recognize four of the major communication styles. Each style serves a different purpose, and you will be able to identify those and understand which is the most effective.
Lesson 2: Verbal CommunicationThis lesson will break down verbal communication into various subcategories. It will help to find key areas for improvement when misunderstandings arise.
Lesson 3: Nonverbal CommunicationThis lesson will help you learn to use nonverbal cues to better understand others. Likewise, you can hone these skills to be sure you are effectively communicating your ideas.
Lesson 4: Communicating in WritingThis lesson will address the different components of written communication. It will enable individuals to use writing to maximize their ability to communicate for personal and business reasons.
Lesson 5: Cultivating Conversational SkillsThis lesson teaches the most important skills required to use conversation as an effective form of communication. Mastering conversational skills makes you more interesting and more likely to truly experience two-sided communication.
Lesson 6: Group CommunicationIn this lesson, you will learn more about group dynamics and how to use them to your advantage. Groups have very specific ways of interacting, and anticipating this can be invaluable in making sure the group actually is effective. Using the skills you lea
Lesson 7: Communications TechnologyIn this lesson, you will learn more about the technology currently available to make communication faster and easier. You will also learn what kinds of repercussions this access to instant communication has on business and personal relationships.
Lesson 8: Barriers to CommunicationThe goal of this lesson is to learn to recognize where there might be breakdowns in communication. By knowing what problems you are facing, you are more prepared to avoid them altogether.
Lesson 9: Cultural Aspects of CommunicationIn this lesson, you will learn about the field of cross-cultural communication. You will discover what types of barriers to expect and what you can do to overcome them.
Lesson 10: Disagreements and ConflictsIn this lesson, you will learn how to handle disagreements before they occur and after they occur.
Lesson 11: NegotiationIn this lesson, you will learn the basics of negotiation. It will also pull together some of the skills you have learned throughout this course and show you how to utilize them to reach a specific goal.
Lesson 12: Constructive CriticismIn this lesson, you will learn how to offer and receive constructive criticism. You will also learn the dynamics of the critical relationship.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize and describe various communication styles.
- Define verbal communication.
- Define nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrate proper techniques when communicating in writing.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving conversational skills.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving group communication.
- Describe techniques for improving communications with technology.
- Define barriers to communication.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of communication.
- Describe communication strategies to resolve disagreements and conflicts.
- Describe negotiation strategies.
- Describe how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam: Recognizing and Understanding Communication Styles||Exam||100|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Verbal Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3: Non Verbal Communication as an Effective Communication Medium||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Nonverbal Communication||Exam||90|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Communicating in Writing||Exam||100|
|Lesson 5: Importance of Good Conversational Skill||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Cultivating Conversational Skills||Exam||90|
|Lesson 6: Basics of Group Dynamics||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Group Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Communications Technology||Exam||70|
|Lesson 8: Communications and Conflicts||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Barriers to Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9: Communicating Across Cultures||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Cultural Aspects of Communication||Exam||100|
|Lesson 10: Conflict Resolution Techniques||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Disagreements and Conflicts||Exam||100|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Negotiation||Exam||100|
|Lesson 12: Receiving Criticism||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Constructive Criticism||Exam||80|
|The Final Exam||Exam||57|
- Time Management 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Effective Presentations$60.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Management Essentials 101$60.000.5 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Pinterest$45.000.3 CEUs
- How to Create Web Pages$55.001.2 CEUs
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair$65.001.0 CEUs
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)$55.001.0 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$70.001.0 CEUs
- Memory and Concentration Techniques$80.002.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Business Management$70.001.1 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Analysis$65.001.2 CEUs