This course explains the ins and outs of what good listening skills consist of, why they are important and how you can improve them. The course helps you determine what type of listener you are, provides basic skills of listening, barriers to listening, listening habits, body language, and activities to improve listening habits. You will learn the importance of physical attributes, active listening, attitude, perception, bias, language barriers, key gestures, and even how to take good notes.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Identify what kind of listener you are.
- Summarize how to listen well.
- Describe three basic listening models.
- Recognize the three basic skills of listening.
- Define barriers to listening.
- Summarize listening habits.
- Describe irritating listening habits.
- Recognize body language.
- Describe listening and lectures.
- Summarize activities that improve listening skills.
- Describe how to help children become good listeners.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: What Kind of Listener Are You?||2 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: My Listening Body Language||1 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||10 points|