with CEU Certificate
Throughout the course, you will find a number reading passages to test your words per minute reading rate as well as your comprehension abilities. A number of drills are also provided so that you can retrain your eyes and expand your vision, which is an essential skill for reading at a much faster rate. Far too many people still read at the same rate they were taught in elementary school and speed reading will help you to break your elementary reading habits.
Additionally, you will learn how to break other bad habits that are slowing you down. This includes subvocalization, using your fingers while you read, and reading aloud or under your breath. These are bad habits that many people have developed from poor reading skills and never being taught more effective reading habits. When you learn to speed read, you are able to break these bad habits and improve your reading rate as well as your comprehension of the material.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Why Learn to Speed ReadIntroduction
Benefits to Speed Reading
How Speed Reading Can Help Your Career
Unlearning Your Style of Reading
Lesson 2: Why We Read Slowly & Your First Time TrialNot Having Enough Time to Read
Your First Time Trial
Figuring Your Reading Rate
Comprehension Test #1
Lesson 3: How to Jog through Your ReadingWhat Your Eyes do when you Read
Lesson 4: Take Your Reading from a Jog to a RunPreview Your Reading
Elimination Visual Regressions, Progressions and Distractions
Lesson 5: Sprint through Your ReadingReading Drill 1
Reading Drill 2
Vocalization: It Slows You Down
Lesson 6: Comprehending and Remembering What You ReadComprehension Challenge
Comprehension Test #2
Figuring Your Reading Rate
Using Tools to Improve Your Concentration
Lesson 7: Hand Movements in Speed Reading & Helpful TechniquesPointing
Slow Page Turning
Lesson 8: Implementing Speed Reading into Everyday LifeSpeed Reading Business Communication
Speed Reading Email
How to Speed Read a Web Site
Managing Your Mail
Lesson 9: Maintaining Your Reading RateReading Time and Comprehension Test #3
Figuring Your Reading Rate
Tips for Keeping Your Reading Rate Up
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the need for speed reading and who can benefit from it.
- Describe why we read slowly & your first time trial.
- Demonstrate jogging techniques to improve your reading speed.
- Demonstrate moving from a job to running in reading speed.
- Demonstrate sprinting through your reading.
- Use techniques to better retain and comprehend reading material.
- Describe proper hand movements in speed reading.
- Implement speed reading into everyday life.
- Describe ways to maintain your reading rate, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Benefits of Speed Reading||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1: Why Learn to Speed Read||Exam||6|
|Lesson 2: Reading Rate||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2: Why We Read Slowly & Your First Time Trial||Exam||7|
|Lesson 3: Secret of Improving Reading Speed||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3: How to Jog through Your Reading||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4: visual regressions, visual progressions, and visual distractions||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4: Take Your Reading from a Jog to a Run||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Forms of Subvocalization||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 5: Exercise||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 5: Sprint through Your Reading||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6: Methods for Improving Comprehension||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6: Comprehending and Remembering What You Read||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Skimming, Scanning, and Skipping||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7: Hand Movements in Speed Reading & Helpful Techniques||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8: Speed Reading in Life||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8: Implementing Speed Reading into Everyday Life||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9: Maintaining Your Reading Rate||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||37|
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language$60.001.1 CEUs
- Gregg Shorthand 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Speed Writing 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Improvement 101$90.001.3 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Memory and Concentration Techniques$80.002.0 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- How to Write a Grant Proposal$75.001.5 CEUs
- Enhance Your Everyday Vocabulary$60.001.6 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Vocabulary Building$60.001.0 CEUs
- English Composition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- How to Improve Your Concentration$59.001.0 CEUs
- Memory Improvement$65.001.1 CEUs
- Typing and Keyboarding 101$60.002.0 CEUs
- Time Management 101$65.000.7 CEUs