- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0.8 CEUs :: 8 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
There are ten comprehensive lessons written in an easy to follow, informative manner. The end of each lesson will provide you with multiple summary review questions so that you may effectively test your new found knowledge. We encourage you to use these self-test questions to determine whether you are ready to move on to the next lesson or if you should review portions of the preceding lesson before taking the next step. Don't rush yourself. Take the time to read all portions of the lessons and complete the exercises and self-tests. Making full use of this course, in its entirety, is the first step in getting more of what you want in life and business.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Negotiating BasicsTo develop your skills at negotiating, it is important to first understand some basic principles about what negotiating is and is not.
Lesson 2: The Importance of Knowledge and Information for Negotiating WellResearch is key in helping you gain information about the situation you will be negotiating.
Lesson 3: Common Negotiating MistakesIn this lesson, we will discuss the most common mistakes made in negotiating and how to buffer the impact of those mistakes if you make one, anyway. We also will discuss some possible ways of turning around a deal gone bad due to a mistake that you, or so
Lesson 4: Using Trust, Human Behavior, and Psychology for Better NegotiationsHaving a clear understanding of human nature, behavior, and psychology will prove to be a valuable asset in bringing about positive results in the bargaining process.
Lesson 5: Win-win NegotiationIn this lesson, we will discuss how to achieve a win-win situation in nearly every instance. With a little extra effort on the part of both parties, it is entirely possible to reach a mutually beneficial outcome most of the time.
Lesson 6: The Ethics of NegotiationThis lesson will cover the nuances and differences between ethical and unethical behavior. Ultimately, it will be up to you to decide how you will conduct yourself at the negotiating table.
Lesson 7: International NegotiatingDealing with another culture can be tricky and difficult if you do not take the time to learn some basic social customs. Do not make the mistake of thinking that because those you deal with speak English that they will understand what you are trying to co
Lesson 8: Making the Most of a Distant SituationThere are times when you will have no choice but to deal over the phone, via e-mail or with conference calls. There are methods for making this task easier and clearer and techniques for getting what you need and want when negotiating long distance.
Lesson 9: Problematic SituationsIn this lesson, we cover the most common volatile situations that occur at the negotiating table and discuss how best to handle them with a reasonable amount of poise and grace.
Lesson 10: The Secrets to Powerful NegotiationNow that you have been introduced to the basics of this art, we offer you some tried and true methods of gaining advantage and leverage at the negotiating table.
Average Lesson Rating: (850 votes)
8 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Negotiation Skills
Course Number: 7550241
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CEU Value: 0.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: negotiate.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Michelle Money
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define negotiation.
- Describe the importance of knowledge and information for negotiating well.
- Summarize common negotiating mistakes.
- Describe using trust, human behavior and psychology for better negotiations.
- Define win/win negotiation.
- Define the ethics of negotiation.
- Describe international negotiating.
- Describe making the most of a distant situation.
- Identify problematic situations.
- Summarize the secrets to powerful negotiation, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Example of a Good Negotiation||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|An Example of a Bad Negotiation||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Reading Body Language Activity||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Practice Negotiating a New Marketing Plan||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Handling an Unethical Scenario||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Knowing When to Quit a Negotiation and Move On||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||9|
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Management Essentials$60.000.7 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$80.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$95.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Business Management$110.001.1 CEUs
- Business Analysis$95.001.2 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration$95.001.1 CEUs