with CEU Certificate*
Wellness coaching is a relatively new field, intriguing anyone who desires to get all areas of their life into balance. This Wellness Coaching course is a general survey course designed to give you a well-rounded introduction to this exciting discipline. This self-paced class is designed to appeal to both potential clients of wellness coaching, as well as anyone interested in pursuing this career opportunity.
Explore the main concentrations of wellness coaching--physical wellness, mind wellness, spiritual wellness, and financial wellness. While it's not necessary for every person to work on all of these areas, it is a wonderful and comprehensive profession for anyone with a wide variety of interests and the desire to be in charge of their own career.
Wellness coaches can set their own schedule, pay rates, choose their clientele, work from nearly any location, and enjoy unlimited creativity and flexibility in their coaching approach. For potential wellness coaching clients, it's important to know what wellness coaching can and cannot offer.
This course can also teach you enough basics that you may be able to apply the lessons to yourself and get the help you need without further expense or consultation. Wellness coaching can help you identify and set realistic, measurable goals, remember and act on the joys and positive memories of childhood through exploration of the five senses, and unlock the creative energy that lies in each of us.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson One: Why Choose Wellness Coaching?Wellness coaching is a relatively new phenomenon. Not only can students benefit from applying the basics of wellness coaching to their own lives, but they can take what they know and funnel it into a new career.
Lesson Two: Your First Client is YouIn wellness coaching, the first and most important client is always you. Clients will pick up on your balance, your energy, your wellness. You are not going to sell them on your services if you do not practice what you preach.
Lesson Three: How Do I Know if It Is Working?What does it mean to have a goal? If you have a goal to change your physical wellness, how will you know if you are successful? Is it a feeling? Is it something more tangible?
Lesson Four: Fact Versus Fiction in Wellness CoachingSince wellness coaching is a still-developing career, coaches and clients may be uncertain about what can be accomplished. This lesson will separate fact from fiction, as well as clue you in to untold client expectations.
Lesson Five: Why We Get Stuck and How to Get Going AgainAt some point, either the coach or the client will get stuck. It is a phase and it can be beneficial. But there are some tips for getting through this time and learning from it.
Lesson Six: Body WellnessIt seems obvious--eat well, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep--for good health. Body wellness also includes respect, trust, education, and a bit of objectivity.
Lesson Seven: Mind WellnessMind wellness is more than mental health. It is positivity, it is attitude, and it is acknowledging that each of your five senses contributes to wellness. Creativity is also an important element to mind wellness and it exists in everyone.
Lesson Eight: Spiritual WellnessNot every client will want or need to address spiritual wellness. Not every coach will want to address the topic. This lesson simply presents the basics of spirituality in wellness coaching; the rest is up to client and coach.
Lesson Nine: Economic WellnessThis lesson is about letting go of the white picket fence dream, forgetting about keeping up with the Johnsons, and finding how economic wellness complements other areas of wellness.
Lesson 10: Staying Balanced in Times of CrisisTimes of crisis are so stressful and all-consuming that it is easy to lose focus. Through the lens of crisis, everything looks bigger and more impossible to handle.
Lesson 11: Ethics of Wellness CoachingIn the future, it is expected that different areas of coaching will have ethical codes. For the time being, this is at the wellness coach's discretion.
Lesson 12: Business Strategies for Wellness CoachingFew wellness coaches will be able to start by hanging their shingle outside the door. While an office is not necessary for successful coaching practices, some sort of business strategy or plan will be.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize what wellness coaching is and whether or not it is right for you.
- Define who the first client is.
- Describe methods to determine whether or not your wellness coaching is effective.
- Summarize fact versus fiction in wellness coaching.
- Define ways to get out of the rut people find themselves in.
- Summarize body wellness.
- Summarize mind wellness.
- Summarize spiritual wellness.
- Summarize economic wellness.
- Describe staying balanced in times of crisis.
- Summarize ethics of wellness coaching.
- Summarize business strategies for wellness coaching, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson One: Why Choose Wellness Coaching?||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Two: Your First Client is You||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Three: How Do I Know if it's Working?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Four: Fact Versus Fiction in Wellness Coaching||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Five: Why We Get Stuck (and How to Get Un-stuck)||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Six: Body Wellness||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Seven: Mind Wellness||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Eight: Spiritual Wellness||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Nine: Economic WellnessLesson Nine: Economic Wellness||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Ten: Staying Balanced in Times of Crisis||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Eleven: Ethics of Wellness Coaching||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Twelve: Business Strategies for Wellness Coaching||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||58|
- Spiritual Counseling$95.001.3 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Meditation 101: Learn How to Meditate$55.001.1 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Weight Loss Management$80.001.4 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$70.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Interview Skills$60.000.6 CEUs
- Management Essentials$60.000.7 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Acrylic Painting 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.000.7 CEUs
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact$60.000.5 CEUs
- Managing Your Career$60.000.6 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- How To Coach Youth Basketball$55.000.6 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$80.001.2 CEUs