Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Credit governs everyone's lives. It is what allows people to buy a house, get a car, have a credit card and generally live a life they cannot really afford. Sadly, many people get into a debt spiral that soon goes out of control. They have trouble keeping their head above water, and soon they fall under as the weight of debt drags them down.
Thankfully, credit can be managed and all it takes is having the ability to change how one lives their life. By implementing the lessons explained in this course, an individual will be able to take their credit and repair it.
This is not to say that it will be easy. If anything, it will be very difficult to do. They will be struggling to keep their head above water, but as they persevere, they will be able to slowly fix their credit and get credit relief.
The statistics are staggering with how many people suffer from credit problems. Millions, with that number growing because of the economy, are actually using credit to keep their heads above water. This is a losing strategy that only results in them losing nearly everything they have as the water quickly pulls them under and the debt rock shows no signs of letting go.
There are many ways that a person can get rid of debt, and they are covered in this course. These include:
- Understanding Credit
- Understanding a credit score
- Understanding how credit is affected
- Understanding Credit Cards
- Understanding Foreclosure
- Understanding Bankruptcy
- Understanding the Debt to Income Ratio
- Understanding the Debt Spiral
- Finding Debt Counseling
- Finding Debt Consolidation
- Learning to live within one's means
- Learning how to budget
- Knowing how to stay on track
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Fixing Credit Errors
These must be done right, and cannot be rushed. To get out of debt and realize credit relief, one has to work hard to do so. This course will explain how to repair credit using the tips that have helped millions of other people raise their credit score hundreds of points through know-how and determination.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What Is Credit?What Is Credit?
Forms of Credit
Lesson 2: What Is A Credit Score?What Is A Credit Score? FICO Score How Is The Score Calculated? Range of Scores
Lesson 3: How Is Your Credit Affected?How Is Your Credit Affected? Paying Bills Applying For Credit Credit Cards Foreclosure Bankruptcy
Lesson 4: Credit CardsCredit Cards How Many Cards? Minimum Payments Cash Advances
Lesson 5: ForeclosureLesson 5: Foreclosure
Lesson 6: BankruptcyLesson 6:Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy and Credit Score
Lesson 7: Debt-to-Income RatioLesson 7: Debt-to-Income Ratio
Why Does It Matter?
How Do You Lower It?
What Is The Best Ratio?
What Is The Worst Ratio?
Lesson 8: The Debt SpiralLesson 8: The Debt Spiral
Getting Out of the Spiral
Lesson 9: Debt CounselingLesson 9:Debt Counseling
A Brief History of Credit Counseling
A Good Choice?
Lesson 10: Debt ConsolidationLesson 10: Debt Consolidation
When To Get It
Loans Versus Debt Consolidation
Lesson 11: Living in Your MeansLesson 11: Living In Your Means
Credit Is Not Cash
Sell What Is Not Needed
Think About Purchases
Go for Lower Interest Rates
Lesson 12: BudgetingLesson 12: Budgeting
Making a Budget
Things That Can Ruin a Good Budget
What About Slip-Ups?
Lesson 13: Tips for Staying on TrackLesson 13: Tips for Staying on Track
Can it Be Done?
Lesson 14 : Credit ReportsLesson 14: Credit Reports
How Often to Check?
Who Provides Them?
How Many Use Credit Reports?
Advantages of Credit Reports
Lesson 15: Credit ErrorsLesson Fifteen: Credit Errors
How to Prevent Them
Fix the Errors
Keeping Detailed Records
How Much Can It Damage?
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Understanding and Managing Your Credit ReportCourse Number: 8900102Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.6 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: John ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what credit is.
- Describe what a credit score is.
- Describe what affects your credit score.
- Define what a credit card is how that affects your credit score.
- Describe the foreclosure process and what it does to your credit report.
- Describe the bankruptcy process and how that affects your credit report.
- Define the Debt to Income Ratio.
- Summarize how people end up in a 'debt spiral'.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt counseling.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt consolidation.
- Summarize methods to live within your means.
- Create a budget.
- Request your credit reports.
- Summarize methods to correct errors on your credit reports, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Overview of Credit Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 1 : What Is Credit? Exam 8 Lesson 2: Credit Scores Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 2 : What Is A Credit Score? Exam 10 Lesson 3: Factors Affecting Credit Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 3 : How Is Your Credit Affected? Exam 8 Lesson 4: Credit Cards: an overview Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 4 : Credit Cards Exam 9 Lesson 5: Dealing with Foreclosure Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 5 : Foreclosure Exam 10 Lesson 6: Dealing with Bankruptcy Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 6 : Bankruptcy Exam 9 Lesson 7: Detailing Debt to Income Ratio Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 7 : Debt to Income Ratio Exam 9 Lesson 8: Getting out of Debt Spiral Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 8 : The Debt Spiral Exam 9 Lesson 9: Need for Debt Counseling Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 9 : Debt Counseling Exam 10 Lesson 10: Consolidating Your Debt Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 10 : Debt Consolidation Exam 10 Lesson 11: Financial Planning Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 11 : Living In Your Means Exam 9 Lesson 12: Importance of Systematic Budgeting Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 12 : Budgeting Exam 10 Lesson 13: Staying On Track Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 13 : Tips For Staying On Track Exam 9 Lesson 14: Advantage of Credit Reports Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 14 : Credit Reports Exam 9 Lesson 15: Looking out for Credit Errors Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 15 : Credit Errors Exam 9 The Final Exam Exam 64 Total Points: 577
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "Very helpful information about repairing credit. I enjoyed taking this course." -- Marie C.
- "My instructor was the greatest. He always got back with me in a timely matter and gave me excellent answers. I hope I get his for all my others classes that I will be taking with Universal Class." -- Glenda W.
- "The court was perfect. HE'S a Great instructor." -- Janet D.
- "Every part of the course was helpful to me. I used to deal with credit repair years ago so this was like a refresher course.It was a very helpful experience." -- Hector R.
- "Great subject! Great instructor! I love Universal Class!" -- Carmen R.
- "This class teaches more than Managing Credit. It deals with debt, debt to equity, debt to income ratios, budgeting, and more. I would recommend it to a lot of young people who are starting out before they become innudated with debt." -- DrEarl W.
- "the instructor is very diligent. Always communicated the results in a timely fashion." -- Nestor M.