Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Credit governs everyone's lives. It is what allows people to buy a house, get a car, have a credit card and generally live a life they cannot really afford. Sadly, many people get into a debt spiral that soon goes out of control. They have trouble keeping their head above water, and soon they fall under as the weight of debt drags them down.
Thankfully, credit can be managed and all it takes is having the ability to change how one lives their life. By implementing the lessons explained in this course, an individual will be able to take their credit and repair it.
This is not to say that it will be easy. If anything, it will be very difficult to do. They will be struggling to keep their head above water, but as they persevere, they will be able to slowly fix their credit and get credit relief.
The statistics are staggering with how many people suffer from credit problems. Millions, with that number growing because of the economy, are actually using credit to keep their heads above water. This is a losing strategy that only results in them losing nearly everything they have as the water quickly pulls them under and the debt rock shows no signs of letting go.
There are many ways that a person can get rid of debt, and they are covered in this course. These include:
- Understanding Credit
- Understanding a credit score
- Understanding how credit is affected
- Understanding Credit Cards
- Understanding Foreclosure
- Understanding Bankruptcy
- Understanding the Debt to Income Ratio
- Understanding the Debt Spiral
- Finding Debt Counseling
- Finding Debt Consolidation
- Learning to live within one's means
- Learning how to budget
- Knowing how to stay on track
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Fixing Credit Errors
These must be done right, and cannot be rushed. To get out of debt and realize credit relief, one has to work hard to do so. This course will explain how to repair credit using the tips that have helped millions of other people raise their credit score hundreds of points through know-how and determination.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: What Is Credit?What Is Credit?
Forms of Credit
Lesson 2: What Is A Credit Score?What Is A Credit Score? FICO Score How Is The Score Calculated? Range of Scores
Lesson 3: How Is Your Credit Affected?How Is Your Credit Affected? Paying Bills Applying For Credit Credit Cards Foreclosure Bankruptcy
Lesson 4: Credit CardsCredit Cards How Many Cards? Minimum Payments Cash Advances
Lesson 5: ForeclosureLesson 5: Foreclosure
Lesson 6: BankruptcyLesson 6:Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy and Credit Score
Lesson 7: Debt-to-Income RatioLesson 7: Debt-to-Income Ratio
Why Does It Matter?
How Do You Lower It?
What Is The Best Ratio?
What Is The Worst Ratio?
Lesson 8: The Debt SpiralLesson 8: The Debt Spiral
Getting Out of the Spiral
Lesson 9: Debt CounselingLesson 9:Debt Counseling
A Brief History of Credit Counseling
A Good Choice?
Lesson 10: Debt ConsolidationLesson 10: Debt Consolidation
When To Get It
Loans Versus Debt Consolidation
Lesson 11: Living in Your MeansLesson 11: Living In Your Means
Credit Is Not Cash
Sell What Is Not Needed
Think About Purchases
Go for Lower Interest Rates
Lesson 12: BudgetingLesson 12: Budgeting
Making a Budget
Things That Can Ruin a Good Budget
What About Slip-Ups?
Lesson 13: Tips for Staying on TrackLesson 13: Tips for Staying on Track
Can it Be Done?
Lesson 14 : Credit ReportsLesson 14: Credit Reports
How Often to Check?
Who Provides Them?
How Many Use Credit Reports?
Advantages of Credit Reports
Lesson 15: Credit ErrorsLesson Fifteen: Credit Errors
How to Prevent Them
Fix the Errors
Keeping Detailed Records
How Much Can It Damage?
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define what credit is.
- Describe what a credit score is.
- Describe what affects your credit score.
- Define what a credit card is how that affects your credit score.
- Describe the foreclosure process and what it does to your credit report.
- Describe the bankruptcy process and how that affects your credit report.
- Define the Debt to Income Ratio.
- Summarize how people end up in a 'debt spiral'.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt counseling.
- Summarize the pros and cons of debt consolidation.
- Summarize methods to live within your means.
- Create a budget.
- Request your credit reports.
- Summarize methods to correct errors on your credit reports, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Overview of Credit||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : What Is Credit?||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2: Credit Scores||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : What Is A Credit Score?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Factors Affecting Credit||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : How Is Your Credit Affected?||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4: Credit Cards: an overview||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Credit Cards||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Dealing with Foreclosure||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Foreclosure||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Dealing with Bankruptcy||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Bankruptcy||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7: Detailing Debt to Income Ratio||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Debt to Income Ratio||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8: Getting out of Debt Spiral||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : The Debt Spiral||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9: Need for Debt Counseling||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Debt Counseling||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Consolidating Your Debt||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Debt Consolidation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Financial Planning||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Living In Your Means||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12: Importance of Systematic Budgeting||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 : Budgeting||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13: Staying On Track||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 13 : Tips For Staying On Track||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14: Advantage of Credit Reports||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 14 : Credit Reports||Exam||9|
|Lesson 15: Looking out for Credit Errors||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 15 : Credit Errors||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||64|
- "Very helpful information about repairing credit. I enjoyed taking this course." -- Marie C.
- "My instructor was the greatest. He always got back with me in a timely matter and gave me excellent answers. I hope I get his for all my others classes that I will be taking with Universal Class." -- Glenda W.
- "The court was perfect. HE'S a Great instructor." -- Janet D.
- "Every part of the course was helpful to me. I used to deal with credit repair years ago so this was like a refresher course.It was a very helpful experience." -- Hector R.
- "Great subject! Great instructor! I love Universal Class!" -- Carmen R.
- "This class teaches more than Managing Credit. It deals with debt, debt to equity, debt to income ratios, budgeting, and more. I would recommend it to a lot of young people who are starting out before they become innudated with debt." -- DrEarl W.
- "the instructor is very diligent. Always communicated the results in a timely fashion." -- Nestor M.