with CEU Certificate
A well written business plan takes time, patience, detail, research, and a right approach to presentation. This course will walk you through the process of writing your business plan. You will learn why certain details are vitally important, which parts of your business plan can make or break your finance query with investors, and how to sharpen your public presentation of your company and its business.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Plan Your PlanYour business plan is something that must be planned to be a successful document that will support and enhance the presentation of your company's short and long term objectives, position, market, appeal, and profitability.
Lesson 2. Structure and SequencePeople who read your business plan should be reading the most attractive summary of you and your business available anywhere.
Lesson 3. Important DetailsIf you cover each of these details in each of the business plan's segments, then your final plan will be comprehensive and answer any banker's or investor's questions.
Lesson 4. The Executive SummaryThe Executive Summary is perhaps the most detailed "sales oriented" business presentation you will make in everyday business interactions.
Lesson 5. FinancialsIt is especially important to upstart companies and non-profit organizations to have your financial plans and financial statements professionally prepared by your CPA or accountant.
Lesson 6. Market ResearchMarket research relates to the information that you gather on your clients and prospective clients, about their likes and dislikes, what they want and need, demographics, market prices, your competitor, and related points of interest.
Lesson 7. CompetitionA Competitive Analysis is where you exhibit your knowledge of your company's competitors and what they are up to in their business.
Lesson 8. Support Documents and Working Your PlanYou will want to be prepared for other supporting documents that a banker or investor may require you to produce. These other documents are supporting pieces that will not be listed anywhere in your business plan.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan your business writing plan.
- Define structure and sequence in the scope of a business plan.
- Describe the important details of a business writing plan.
- Describe the executive summary.
- Summarize the financials.
- Identify and describe market research
- Analyze the competition, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Form of a Business Plan||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 2: Order of a Business Plan||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 3: Details in Products Summary Section||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 4: Executive Summary in Business Plan||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 5: Financials for Upstarts||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 6: Target Market||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 7: Finished Presentation||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 8: Final Presentation of Your Business Plan||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||13|
|The Final Exam||Exam||37|
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Home Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Management Essentials 101$60.000.5 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report$65.001.4 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Investing 201: Intro to Commodity, Options, and Futures Markets$65.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion$60.001.2 CEUs
- Investing 101: Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds$60.000.4 CEUs
- Personal Finance 101: How to Manage Your Money$55.001.0 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage$60.001.0 CEUs
- Estate Planning$60.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Retirement Planning$55.001.1 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Improvement 101$90.001.3 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs