Administrative Assistant 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
"A clueless boss gives you a wide-open field. Learn what's important to your boss, understand what your company is looking for and help the fool meet those expectations." (John Hoover)
Due in part to the recession--technology and necessity has amplified the requirements and pace of this change. It's not all bad news though, the truth of the matter is that the recession is providing opportunities to people in certain segments of the business world--administrative assistants are one of them. AA's are now, and will in the future, be performing roles that middle managers would have done only a year or two ago. They are acting on behalf of their bosses on a regular basis and have full authority to do so.
Whether you are returning to the workforce after a number of years away or you are new to the administrative side of the business world, there are some great opportunities out there for administrative assistants, especially the new kind of administrative assistants--i.e. those who are skilled, prepared to take on extra responsibility and don't mind taking a risk or two.
This is a 3 Part Course, which will begin covering some very important basics before going on to deal with the importance of training others to fulfill the position. We will then focus on the innovative role which has a place both in the present and future--that of a Virtual Assistant!
This course will open your eyes wider in regards to the choices you have available in an Administrative Assistant career, as well as introduce you to the business sector and the opportunities that now exist in this demanding field.
This course provides a basis on which you can build your new future, so join us today!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson One : Job OverviewConsider becoming an administrative assistant. Could it be a good way for you to enter the corporate world? Yes, but do you know exactly what administrative assistants are and what they do?
Lesson 2 : Job Duties and SkillsThe U.S. Department of Labor defines administrative assistants as those being responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently.
Lesson 3 : Doing Your Job ProperlyDoes everyone aim to do his or her job properly? No. Put it this way, whether someone does or does not really does not matter to a large percentage of the population, just as long as the pay comes at the end of the week/fortnight, etc.
Lesson 4 : Be On Top Of Daily RoutinesNaturally enough, an administrative assistant's office conditions and setup will vary depending to a degree on where and how the employer is set up.
Lesson 5 : Be Prepared for Diversity'Diversity' is the assortment, range, variety, and multiplicity of tasks that an administrative assistant is likely to need to handle at one time or another in the workplace.
Lesson 6 : Translating "Doing" Into "Teaching" Those Administrative Assistant SkillsWhy would you be involved with teaching the administrative assistant skills and responsibilities involved in your particular job to someone else?
Lesson 7 : Teaching Those VIP SkillsGood communication skills are critical to anyone's success in business and possibly even more so in the case of an administrative assistant.
Lesson 8 : How To Develop Good Working RelationshipsGood working relationships within a company can make all the difference to whether you enjoy your work as an administrative assistant. They also can be a deciding factor as to whether you are successful and to what degree you are so.
Lesson 9 : Changing WorkforcesThose who have been working for all that time or who are returning to the workforce would notice the multitude of technical changes to working equipment, systems, and methods.
Lesson 10 : Building Self-esteem, Self-confidence & Assertiveness in Yourself & OthersSelf-esteem, self-confidence, and assertiveness are all different facets of someone's personality and character traits.
Lesson 11 : What Exactly Is a Virtual Assistant and How Do I Become OneOver the last decade or so, the expression to "work virtually" has been taken to define someone who simply works from home, but it means so much more than that.
Lesson 12 : Just Another Job Or Is The VA Really Self-employed?Virtual assistants, or VAs as they are more frequently called, are definitely self-employed professionals.
Lesson 13 : Necessary Marketing Tools And "Bits & Pieces"Before commencing any marketing of your new virtual assistant business, you need a complete plan of action. This includes a business plan.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the Admin Assistant.
- Summarize the job duties and skills of an Admin Assistant.
- Identify ways of doing the job properly.
- Create routines and prepare for diversity.
- Be able to train for the position.
- Identify self-employment opportunities, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 : Job Overview||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 : Job Duties & Skills||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 : Doing Your Job Properly||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 : Be On Top Of Daily Routines||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 : Be Prepared For Diversity||Exam||5|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 : " Translating "Doing" Into "Teaching" Those Administrative Assistant Skills||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 : Teaching Those VIP Skills||Exam||6|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 : How To Develop Good Working Relationships||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 : Changing Workforces||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 : Building Self-esteem, Self-confidence & Assertiveness In Yourself & Others||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 : What Exactly Is A Virtual Assistant & How Do I Become One||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 : Just Another Job Or Is The Va Really Self-employed?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 : Necessary Marketing, Tools And "BIts & Pieces"||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||57|
- "I thought the course was overall helpful. I had no formal training to be an administrative assistant and this course clarified a few things. The instructor was helpful but not intrusive. I was very satisfied with her." -- Angela P.
- "I found every single part wonderful. Particularly the part dealing with difficult people, the no no's were very interesting. I think the teacher is very available which is essential for job seekers like us in a hurry to complete the work to enhance our chances of picking up a job. I am already doing another course here." -- Wanki D.
- "She's awesome mentor, everything is well written and organized. Each and every part was helpful." -- Eric S.
- "Virtual Assistant Course--It is really interesting. I wish to revisit it again and again. Great job. You never left any stone unturned whatever circumstance." -- Francis K.
- "Excellent course, excellent instructor!! I have really enjoyed this course and I am looking forward to taking another. Thank you very much." -- Sideeka K.
- "The instructor was very supportive. I felt I was in good hands taking this class and trusted the path she had set out for us." -- Cristina M.
- "I enjoyed explanations of items that I would have never known or dug into before. I also enjoyed the feedback from my Instructor." -- Joni B.
- View More Testimonials...