How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
For most of us, our home represents the largest portion of our assets. Trying to sell a house, apartment or condo in today's fast paced market, quickly and profitably, has the potential for turning anyone's world upside down. Knowing what is important so you can meet your buyer's expectations is a necessity. As a seller, you will want to get the most value out of your home in the shortest time possible.This course will help the seller create an individualized house preparation timeline, outline simple steps to eliminate potential problems, give ideas about decluttering, cleaning, repairing, and show you how to stage your home for a successful Open House.The instructor will also offer personal assistance with student's unique selling problems. Whether you plan on putting your house up for sale in 30 days or 6 months, or whether you are just beginning to think about the selling process for a distant future date, this course can help you maximize your profit and reduce your stress!
If you're interested in this online course, you are probably thinking of putting up your house for sale soon or have already decided on a date you must sell it by. With this in mind, your two main goals are: 1. To sell it for the greatest profit and 2. To selling it quickly! By following the suggestions in this course, I believe you can achieve these goals, and it won't cost you a huge amount of money.
This class will help seller's create an individualized house preparation timeline, outline simple steps to eliminate potential problems, give ideas about decluttering, cleaning, repairing, and show you how to stage your house for a successful Open House. The instructor will also offer personal assistance with student's unique selling problems. Whether you know you will be putting your house up for sale in 30 or 60 days, or whether you are just beginning to think about the selling process for a future date, this course can help you maximize your profit and reduce your stress!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. IntroductionIntroduction to the course and exactly what the class will cover includes decluttering, cleaning, repairing and staging your residence.
Lesson 2. A House is not a HomeA "House" is Not Your "Home" concerns the changing mindset to become a "seller." This lesson also covers the initial preparations for selling.
Lesson 3. Timelines and Turn-OffsPutting Together a Timeline and Buyer's Turn-Offs. Specifics on establishing a calendar and what to avoid.
Lesson 4. Exterior and Curb AppealCreating Curb Appeal by sprucing up your property. Areas to work on include Landscaping, driveway and walkways, front entrance, deck and patio areas.
Lesson 5. The Interior. Clean, Declutter, RepairGetting down to the basics. Ideas to help with organizing, repairing, cleaning, and decluttering.
Lesson 6. Room-by-RoomRoom-by-Room ideas for cleaning and decorating for each room of your house.
Lesson 7. ShowtimeFinal touches for a successful Open House and beyond. Staging and accessorizing are covered.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your HomeCourse Number: 30408Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.7 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: realtor.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Cathleen ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe initial planning and preparation of selling your home.
- Describe timelines and turn-offs.
- Describe exterior and curb appeal.
- Describe how to clean, declutter, and what to repair.
- Summarize how to declutter your house.
- Describe what to do when it's showtime, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Assignment 1: Why Are You Taking This Class Assignment 5 Assignment 2: Getting Started Assignment 10 Lesson 1 Quiz Exam 23 Healthy Home Quiz (Informational Only) Exam 6 Assignment 3: Repair List Assignment 10 Lesson 2 Quiz Exam 13 Assignment 4: Best Cleaning, Repair, Organizing Tips Assignment 10 Assignment 5: Personal House Viewing Check-List Assignment 10 Information only Quiz: Market Knowledge Exam 5 Assignment 6: Seller Disclosure Assignment 10 Final Assignment Assignment 5 Information only Quiz: Market Knowledge Exam 5 Total Points: 112
- "I can use the info about staging rooms, so higher offers will be received....The instructor was very willing to help and very fast in responding to my questions. She was very knowledgeable also." -- Joyce C.
- "I really like the staging section, and I found the tips for showing your house with little time (an hour notice), extremely helpful, and used many of these in those situations. Most important tip was cutting branches & leaves from your backyard when you don't have time to run to the store to buy flowers; I almost liked it better, turned out great and only took a minute....I was very pleased with the instructor. She was always available, always had time to answer my questions, and found her own experiences with selling her home very helpful." -- Fran M.
- "Material inspiring. Being able to log on when it suited me was great, have 4 small kids and live in the west of Ireland. Very well laid out, will be using the methods learnt to sell 2 houses and hopefully build on this as a career." -- Martina S.