Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
There you are, cold-calling yet another sales prospect. Your verbal pitch is pure gold; your prospect is attentive--interested--and seems ready to buy. But just as you're about to close the deal, you hear that eternal refrain:"Send me something in writing!" And the line goes dead.
Oh, we're so glad you asked…
This SALES, MARKETING & ADVERTISING WRITING course will demonstrate that virtually every sale depends on the written word…ranging from a three-word caption in a movie poster, to a multi-page booklet that covers every conceivable aspect of a product. It will also demonstrate that when used properly, the written word can be your least expensive yet hardest-working employee, willing to work in any number of formats to bring in millions in revenue. When used improperly…or not used at all…the written word can cost you millions. The ability to write all three subjects effectively is crucial to success in any business…and, in fact, life itself…for what is a resume if not an ‘advertisement' for oneself? While Sales, Marketing, and Advertising are often considered separate entities within the business world, they do in fact influence each other, and are dependent on each other. Without properly written Marketing materials, crucial time and resources are lost as a product or service is presented to the wrong consumers….or the right consumers in the wrong manner.
Without effective Advertising copy, consumers are oblivious to the product or service's existence…or, worse, notice it in a negative light. A savvy sales professional may be able to initiate a sale through mere spoken words, but without well-written sales materials to back them up, such sales will be few, and the company ‘dies on the vine' for lack of income.
Proper business writing can, and should, combine these three elements. But since these three crucial business elements tend to flow sequentially--a product or service is marketed, then advertised, then sold--the course will duplicate this ‘flow', with examples of marketing writing, advertising copy, and sales materials. We will define each element and its influence and dependence on the others, then demonstrate its place in the business cycle. We will show you the words to use, and as many formats as possible.Mastery of these three elements of business writing will ensure you're a creative employee that your company can't afford to lose, or will ensure that your own business soars to the top. It can also enhance your life in other ways--the properly written ‘personal ad' might just catch the attention of ‘Mr. or Ms. Right'!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: An Overview Of Marketing, Advertising, and Sales WritingPress releases. Business Cards. Newletters. Brochures. Websites. Promotional kits. Speeches. Video scripts. So many formats are crucial to the survival and growth of any business. All of them depend on the written word.
Lesson 2 : Marketing: What NOT to WriteBefore we examine what you can write to promote yourself or your business, let's examine what you can't (or shouldn't) write, if your business is to survive.
Lesson 3: Marketing Writing: The Most Important Thing to WriteThe most important thing to write from a marketing standpoint is a plan.
Lesson 4: Marketing Writing: Low-Cost StrategiesFor independent business owners -- especially those just starting out -- it will be imperative to market or promote your product or service as inexpensively as possible.
Lesson 5: Marketing Writing: Internet StrategiesIt has already been mentioned that every marketing document you create should be saved as a Microsoft Word or PDF File, to be included with your Internet Marketing.
Lesson 6: Advertising: Print MediaThe writing involved in advertisements is called "Copy" -- a short, convenient business term. Not everyone agrees on what it is, but everyone agrees on what it must do: Sell.
Lesson 7: Advertising Writing: Radio"Radio is on its way out," doomsayers have proclaimed for years now, even as far back as the beginning of television advertising. Indeed, new formats and technologies are changing the face of radio, yet here it still is.
Lesson 8: Advertising Writing: TelevisionIf you're writing for a company that requires copy for television ads, or if your own company is ready to put an ad on television, pat yourself on the back for getting this far. You're in the big leagues now.
Lesson 9: Advertising Writing: Miscellaneous MediumsThus far, we have discussed the most common forms of marketing and advertising writing: print, Internet, radio, and television.
Lesson 10: Sales Writing: Materials For Sales ProfessionalsWhile many people feel that salesmen are perfect self-starters that can fearlessly sell ham to rabbis and refrigerators to Eskimos, it's simply not true.
Lesson 11: Sales Writing: Speeches & DemonstrationsVirtually no one has ever made a speech without the overall goal of selling something from it; not necessarily a product, but perhaps a candidacy, or a point of view.
Lesson 12: Sales Writing: The GuaranteeYou've no doubt seen this, or variations thereof, on most every product you've purchased. There are two primary reasons for the guarantee.
Lesson 13: Overview II: What You've Learned & Where to Learn MoreThe amount of additional information available on Marketing, Advertising, and Sales is already enough to fill a bookstore, and the subjects continue to grow, expand, and evolve.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Advertising, Marketing and Sales WritingCourse Number: 7550287Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: General EducationCEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: saleswriting.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Melissa BehrendSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $65.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $90.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the differences between marketing, advertising and sales writing.
- Identify what not to write when creating marketing materials.
- Identify the most important elements to write when creating marketing materials.
- Write effectively for different mediums: print media, television, radio, and Internet, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment: Determining the Importance of this Type of Writing Assignment 20 Lesson 1 : An Overview Of Marketing, Advertising and Sales Writing Exam 10 Lesson 2 Assignment: Detecting Infringement and Deception Assignment 20 Lesson 2 : Marketing: What NOT to write Exam 10 Lesson 3 Assignment: The Importance of a Marketing Plan Assignment 20 Lesson 3 : Marketing Writing: The Most Important Thing To Write Exam 10 Lesson 4 Assignment: Using the Reverse Pyramid Style Assignment 20 Lesson 4 : Marketing Writing: Low Cost Strategies Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment: Importance of Having Website Assignment 20 Lesson 5 : Marketing Writing: Internet Strategies Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment: Practicing Writing Copy for Print Assignment 20 Lesson 6 : Advertising: Print Media Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment: Writing Radio Scripts Assignment 20 Lesson 7 : Advertising Writing: Radio Exam 10 Lesson 8 Assignment: Studying Television Advertisements Assignment 20 Lesson 8 : Advertising Writing: Television Exam 10 Lesson 9 Assignment: Additional Advertising Avenues Assignment 20 Lesson 9: Advertising Writing: Miscellaneous Mediums Exam 10 Lesson 10 Assignment: Identifying Sales Classified Ads Assignment 20 Lesson 10: Sales Writing: Materials For Sales Professionals Exam 9 Lesson 11 Assignment: Writing for the Audience Assignment 20 Lesson 11: Sales Writing: Speeches & Demonstrations Exam 10 Lesson 12 Assignment: Researching Guarantees Assignment 20 Lesson 12: Sales Writing: The Guarantee Exam 10 Lesson 13 Assignment: Putting it all Together Assignment 20 Lesson 13: Overview II: What you’ve learned & Where to learn more Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 62 Total Points: 456
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$65for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$90for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "This was such a great class. It was thorough. I highly recommend this for any marketing professional. I feel so blessed to have taken this awesome course." -- Cynthia B.
- "Very good course. It sums up everything very clear." -- Melanie B.
- "This course is wonderful! It's the first online course I've taken, and I was apprehensive at first, but I'm happy to say that it was a very positive experience. All the lessons were very helpful. I like the way it's laid out, with different font styles to emphasize the importance of certain information. All the practical examples were very helpful as well, and the exams and assignments were very effective to help make sure we understood the lessons." -- Leslie G.
- "Marketing Writing and low cost strategies is practical and good advice in working with a tight budget, and when starting a business. Although I did enjoy print media, and sales. Also, the essays are the best part of the course. They required research, (and research is very accessible on the internet), and it takes effort. Also, essays are the best way to put in your own words, which helps to get a better grasp on the material (Much more effective than multiple choice). I had fun comparing and contrasting the effectiveness of two commercials for the course. It also got me to think critically of content and timing. I also liked how the instructor recommended reading at end of course. She was also very prompt in getting my grades back on course and essay assignments. I also liked the additional links to the web that pertained to each topic." -- Charles F.
- "Really enjoyed working with the instructor." -- Maurice K.
- "All of the course was most helpful to me because of what I do. The instructor was great! I don't recall ever a time I had a question and she wasn't there." -- Quanda G.
- "I enjoyed the experience." -- Jane R.
- View More Testimonials...