Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage
with CEU Certificate*
These topics will be discussed:
Business Budget- We will discuss the different aspects of a business budget and how to implement a discipline for your budget that will be reasonable for your staff.
Cash Flow & Related Issues- We will cover the basics of cash flow, short-term cash flow, long-term cash flow, how they affect your P&L statement and profit sheets.
Business Savings and Cost Cutting- We will discuss the various areas of savings and cost cutting to explore in your company. We will also discuss employee involvement and motivation and non-traditional areas to examine.
Payroll Budgeting- We will cover the basics of payroll budgeting, essentials to keep in mind, and both the trend in handling them and some non-traditional methods.
Tax Concerns- We will discuss effective strategies for managing taxes is to establish a budget for your company's taxes.
Business Plan- We will cover the importance of creating a business plan, how to create one and how to make it a strong presentation.
Business P&L Reports- We will take an overview of your Profit & Loss Reports, what goes where, how to read them and the essentials for a successful business manager to know.
Profit Margin Guarantees & Staying in the Black- We will cover basic and popular theories and practices in the business world.
Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle- We will cover the importance and uses of the company's Balance Sheet and we will briefly visit the concepts of the Business Cycle.
Traps and Mishaps- We will address the dilemma of overcoming our inevitable errors in business and management
Company Savings- We will focus on savings and how to make the most progress toward savings by utilizing the good will and brain power of your staff. You will have an overview of how to continue to increase your company's savings and how to encourage sales and staff members with rewards without giving away the savings.
- Lesson 1: Business Budget
- Lesson 2: Cash Flow & Related Issues
- Lesson 3: Business Savings and Cost Cutting
- Lesson 4: Payroll Budgeting
- Lesson 5: Tax Concerns
- Lesson 6: Business Plan
- Lesson 7: Business P&L Reports
- Lesson 8: Profit Margin Guarantees & Staying in the Black
- Lesson 9: Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle
- Lesson 10: Traps and Mishaps
- Lesson 11: Company Savings
Note: For simplicity purposes, examples in the lessons in this course will utilize budgets, plans and figures from a small publishing company enterprise. Key terms are highlighted in yellow; definitions are listed at the end of each lesson.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Business Budget||80|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Cash Flow & Related Issues||100|
|Lesson 3: Business Savings and Cost Cutting||100|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Payroll Budgeting||100|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Tax Concerns||100|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Business Plan||90|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Business P&L Reports||100|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Profit Margin Guarantees & Staying in the Black||90|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle||80|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Traps and Mishaps||100|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Company Savings||80|
|The Final Exam||520|
- Managing Training Programs and other Professional Development Activities
- Great Leaders in History
- Safety Issues With Company Vehicles
- Human Resources: Employee Recognition, Training and Discipline
- Your Career as an Income Property Manager
- Conducting Market Research for a Business Plan
- Retail Management: Structure of Your Business
- Safety Workplace Health Issues
- The Importance of Team Work as a Waiter or Waitress
- How to Deal with Tenants as a Landlord