with CEU Certificate*
Anyone interested in beginning a profession as a travel agent should first determine the type of skills, training and certification necessary to provide travel services for clients--whether you work at an established travel agency, as an independent contractor, or as a home-based travel agent.
This course offers both the history and future prospects of the travel industry as well as discusses different types of travel enjoyed by individuals, including domestic and international travel and travel by land, air, and sea. Popular travel services will also be explored, including escorted and self-directed tours and cruises. We'll also talk about travel technology that helps not only travel agents but also clients to get the most for their money regardless of their chosen type of travel.
This travel agent course also introduces students to the office and business needs of a home-based travel agent. It will show you how to make use of computer reservations systems, and how to bank your business, develop small business know-how and will provide tips and strategies that will enhance the success of your new business while at the same time offering clients well-planned vacations.
Students of this course will also learn the basics about passports and visas and various regulations and restrictions determined by embassies around the world--offering customers and clients up-to-date travel warnings and alerts that ensure ultimate safety and security.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to the Travel ProfessionLearning how to start your own home-based travel agent business, or becoming a highly skilled and respected travel agent, is the foundation of this course.
Lesson 2: Types of TravelThere are so many different types of travel, and reasons for travel, that a travel agent starting his or her own business will be able to specialize in specific niches.
Lesson 3 : Travel Agent SkillsThis lesson will cover the multiple options that are available for individuals wishing to enter the travel industry.
Lesson 4 : Popular Travel ServicesThis lesson will focus on how a travel agent should be able to offer potential clients a multitude of travel services in every area of travel.
Lesson 5: Travel TechnologyThis lesson will go over the basics of rating systems and what they can mean to your traveling clients.
Lesson 6: Using Computer Reservations SystemsUnderstanding the development, as well as the capabilities, of computerized reservation systems helps today's travel agents provide the best and most efficient reservation services for their clients.
Lesson 7: Home-Based Travel AgentsWhether you decide to work in a traditional brick-and-mortar travel agency or start your own home-based travel business, you're going to need to start with the basics.
Lesson 8: Financial MattersThis lesson will focus on helping you set up the books for your new travel agent business, and t familiarize you with revenue and expense accounts, accounting systems, and record keeping.
Lesson 9: Marketing and PromotionUnderstanding your competition, as well as being able to effectively market your services and attract clients is an important part of establishing your relationship -- not only with suppliers, but also with clients.
Lesson 10 : Tours Know-HowUnderstanding how tours work, and what types of tours are available to travelers, will help a travel agent provide specific services that meet the needs of clients.
Lesson 11: Dealing With Passports and VisasUnderstanding the difference between a passport and a visa and the requirements to obtain them are covered in this lesson.
Lesson 12: Matching Travelers to Travel OptionsOne of the most important capabilities of a travel agent is to successfully match travelers with their desires.
Lesson 13: Finding a Job as a Travel AgentExperience and creating positive feedback are the best ways to build and grow your business as a travel service provider.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what a travel agent does and determine whether or not this is a career for you.
- Define the types of travel.
- Identify travel agent skills.
- Describe popular travel services.
- Summarize travel technology.
- Describe using computer reservations systems.
- Summarize home-based travel agents.
- Describe financial matters, marketing, and promotional methods.
- Describe and sell various travel tours.
- Summarize dealing with passports and visas.
- Describe matching travelers to travel options.
- Summarize best ways for finding a job as a travel agent, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 1: Introduction to the Travel Profession||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 2: Types of Travel||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : Travel Agent Skills||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Popular Travel Services||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5: Travel Technology||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 6: Using Computer Reservations Systems||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Home-Based Travel Agents||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 8: Financial Matters||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 9: Marketing and Promotion||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Tours Know - How||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11: Dealing with Passports and Visas||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 12: Matching Travelers to Travel Options||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 13: Finding a Job As a Travel Agent||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||64|
- Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties$95.001.1 CEUs
- Timeshare Basics$85.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- French Culture 101$45.000.7 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.000.8 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.000.8 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Travel Agent 101$75.000.7 CEUs
- Kitchen Sanitation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Retail Business 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.000.9 CEUs
- Home Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- French 101- How to Speak French (with Audio)$65.001.4 CEUs
- Hotel Management 101$65.000.9 CEUs