with CEU Certificate
Whether a full-time mom, a young business person or simply someone looking to build a growing and viable business, an errand service is ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Small upstart dollars, flexibility and a growing industry are just some of the benefits to this business.
This course will help you to get the upstart information under your belt necessary for starting your own personal concierge service. You will gain practical business knowledge, insights into what is driving this new industry, information on how to best position yourself within it, how to market yourself and much more. You will learn what to do to make yourself stand out in the crowd and how to grow your new business.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 : The Growing Need for Your ServicesIn the United States today there is a growing need for personal errand services. What would have in some circles been considered simple laziness a generation ago is now considered a necessity in many instances.
Lesson 2 : Knowing and Understanding Your Target MarketTo create or build any business you must first know and understand your target market. Before starting your particular errand service you will want to identify what segment of the population you want to serve.
Lesson 3 : Professionalism and Good MannersProfessionalism and good manners are essentials for the errand services industry. Both your client and the client he asks you to visit on his behalf, expect and need top notch professionalism and manners from your staff.
Lesson 4 : Business PhilosophyThere is no other intangible or attitude that will have a greater impact on your errand service business and its success than your personal belief system and business philosophy.
Lesson 5 : Upstart CostsA lot of your initial success in business is dictated by your upstart costs and your ability to handle those costs effectively.
Lesson 6 : Pricing Your ServicesHow you price your company's services is one of the most important decisions you will make from a logistical concern.
Lesson 7 : Packaging Related Business ServicesPackaging or bundling related business services is one of the most effective ways to make your services indispensable to a particular company or industry. The more effective you are in doing this, the more you will have their undivided attention.
Lesson 8 : Marketing Your ServicesHow you market your services to your community or target market will largely depend upon your personality and demeanor.
Lesson 9 : Growing Your Business/Expanding Your ServicesTo grow your business or expand your company's services, you must first learn to let go of you, your pride, your need to control everything and your worries.
Lesson 10 : Time Management & MisconceptionsIn every type of business in the world there are always issues of time management and client misconceptions. What makes one business more favorable to clients than another is the finesse with which these issues are handled.
Lesson 11 : Client ContractsIf you are young, new into business, or have never owned your own company, then you may have a somewhat naive set of ideas about client contracts. Some folks hold to an idealism that simply doesn't work when it comes time to do business.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the current need and career choices in starting and running and personal service business.
- Describe the target market.
- Summarize skills needed to retain clients.
- Summarize the business philosophy behind a personal service.
- Describe upstart costs.
- Define the appropriate price for your services.
- Describe how to package related services with your business.
- Describe methods of marketing your business.
- Describe method for expanding your business.
- Utilize client contracts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Emerging Needs for Your Services||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1:The Growing Need for Your Services||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Identify and Know Your Market||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Knowing and Understanding Your Target Market||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Standards of Professionalism||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3:Professionalism and Good Manners||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4: Emergency in Errand Service Business||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4:Business Philosophy||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Starting Errand Service Business||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5:Upstart Costs||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6: Individual Task Pricing||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6:Pricing Your Services||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Personal and Business Needs||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7:Packaging Related Business Services||Exam||8|
|Lesson 8: Approaches to Market Service||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8:Marketing Your Services||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Virtual Offices in New Cities||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9:Growing Your Business/Expanding Your Services||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Time Management Issues||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10:Time Management & Misconceptions||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Important Elements of Client Contracts||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11:Client Contracts||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Home Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion$60.001.2 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.001.0 CEUs
- Persuasion Techniques$60.001.0 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Analysis$65.001.2 CEUs
- Business Ethics$65.001.1 CEUs
- Managerial Accounting 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Personal Protective Equipment$60.001.2 CEUs
- Negotiation Skills$65.000.8 CEUs