Accounts Payable Management
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionThis course is a training guide for the new manager of an accounts payable department. It will help you step into your new role and take a commanding and successful lead. This course will take what you know and enhance it by adding management principles to those practices. Accounts payable is not just processing checks, mailing them and then filing the backup paperwork. To truly manage accounts payable, you must understand all parts of the department including but not limited to customer service, vendor management, check requests and POs.This course will discuss how to handle invoices; check processing ; preventing errors; annual audits; and technology uses in the department. Learn all about the best practices to adapt for your A/P department, PLUS, get expert advise from a well-seasoned disbursement manager with many years of A/P experience.
The class will take what you know and enhance it by adding management principles to your practices. To truly manage Accounts Payable, you must understand all parts of the department, including but not limited to; customer service, vendor management, check requests and POs.
All material is provided in the course. Subjects covered within the course are as followed: Overview to Managing the Accounts Payable Department, Invoice Handling, Checks, Preventing Errors, Customer Service, Internal Controls and the Audit, Master Vendor Files, Discounts and Deductions, Travel and Entertainment, Software, Fraud and Independent Contractors.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
What Is a Manager?Accounts payable are the "veins of a business." Great accounts payable managers of any organization must know the fundamentals and have a solid understanding of how to run their department.
Handling InvoicesThis lesson and the next one form the core of a new set of skills that will help you in your new position. These two lessons cover the invoice-handling and check process that your department does.
ChecksThis lesson is about the core of your department's purpose: work flow-processing.
Preventing ErrorsDuplication and missing invoices are common problems in accounting departments. In this lesson, you will learn some of the ways you can reduce errors.
Customer Service, Internal Controls and the Annual AuditInternal controls and the annual audit are long-accepted concepts, but customer service may be a new one. Sure, you have heard of it before but rarely in relation to your department.
Fraud: Vendor, Employee and CheckThis lesson will cover the aspect of fraud in relation to vendors, employees, and checks.
How Companies Use Technology in Accounts PayableThe Internet was covered in a previous lesson. In this lesson, we spend some time talking about other uses of technology for the accounts payable department.
Traditional Functions and the 21st CenturyReimbursement to employees is a large part of your job; and the larger the company, the larger it will be.
Using the Internet in Accounts PayableIn this lesson, we are going to look at the Internet.
Master Vendor FilesMaster vendor files are one way to help ensure that vendors get paid and errors are avoided. These files will become valuable resources to your department to monitor for fraud and error and make sure that your vendors are happy.
Problems Caused by Discounts and Other DeductionsEveryone loves discounts. Everyone, it seems, but the accounts payable department! Discounts are great for buyers; but, if there is an overpayment problem, then your department gets involved and the process can be drawn-out and difficult.
Independent ConsultantsIndependent consultants are a real part of the workforce and growing. Many people are taking their expertise and becoming independent consultants for a very good reason: Consultants are in high demand.
1099 Income Tax FormsThis lesson covers 1099 federal tax forms for contractors.
High-level Accounts Payable ConceptsThere are many high-level accounts payable concepts, and they are always changing. As Generally Acceptable Accounting Practices are continually being refined, you will find that your compliance and upgrading requirements will keep you refreshed in some of
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Accounts Payable ManagementCourse Number: 30873Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Professional DevelopmentCEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: ap.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Linda ZavadilSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $45.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $70.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and summarize the Accounts Payable Management job.
- Handle invoices correctly and employ the necessary checks and balances.
- Process checks correctly while employing the necessary checks and balances.
- Prevent errors and common mistakes.
- Provide good customer service, create internal controls, and prepare the department for the annual audit.
- Detect and prevent fraud from vendors and employees.
- Use technology in Accounts Payable to make the job more efficient.
- Identify ways to use the Internet in Accounts Payable.
- Summarize the processes involved in Master Vendor Files.
- Avoid problems caused by discounts and other deductions.
- Know what to do with independent consultants.
- Process 1099s, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Introduction Assignment 1 Manager Role Assignment 10 Manager Exam 60 Invoice Process Assignment 20 Steps for an Invoice Assignment 50 Invoices Exam 100 Steps for Check Processing Assignment 5 Rush Checks Assignment 30 Checks Exam 100 Prevention Assignment 25 Prevention Exam 30 Assignment 1 Assignment 50 Exam 5 Exam 70 Fraud Assignment 50 Fraud Exam 90 Technology Assignment 5 Technology Exam 90 Reimbursement Assignment 50 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 90 Online Accounts Payable Systems Assignment 50 Master Vendor File Assignment 5 Master Vendor Exam 70 Overpayments Assignment 50 Deductions and Discounts Exam 60 Consultants Assignment 50 Consultant Exam 50 1099 and master vendor list Assignment 50 Accounting Assignment 5 Accounting Exam 100 Total Points: 1416
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$45for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$70for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "This course offered a lot of details and the essay questions were a great reinforcement tool." -- Ann R.
- "Everything in this class was helpful because it explains how to use everything....I think that it was an awesome course and very helpful and so was the instructor." -- Candice A.
- "What was most helpful were the assignments. They were very detailed in explainations for each subject." -- Cindy M.
- "The lessons are organized and in a easy way to read and understand....I love the course and the prompt respond for the instructor." -- Claudia A.
- "the instructor was very caring and understanding. I like her take again if she teach another class. I'm glad I took this class I didn't know anything about account payable." -- Kimberly L.
- "This course was great!" -- Tabitha C.
- "The basic review was great but the step by step approach to invoice handling was the best part for me....Very user friendly course." -- Terri R.
- View More Testimonials...