with CEU Certificate
With this course, our goal is to equip you with a working understanding of economics and its myriad of business and personal applications. As such, we have crafted an easy-to-understand course comprised of economic principle tenets while specifically highlighting such central ideas as:
· History and Various Forms of Economics
· Schools of Thought
· Ten Major Principles of Economics
· World Economic Systems and Comparative Economics
· Components in Societal Economy
· Basic Tenets of the U.S. Economic System
· Global Economies: Ranking National Economies
· Micro and Macro: Styles of Economics
· Federal Reserve System: aka 'The Fed'
· Managerial Economics
· Gross National Product (GNP) and Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
Regardless of whether you want to become more familiar with economics so that you can better budget your household expenditures or so that you can became the entrepreneur you have always dreamed, has the fundamentals to guide you without overtaxing your brain.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Definition, History and Various Forms of EconomicsThe purpose in studying economics leads to the formulation of principles. The following societal elements: history, politics, and the social sciences, cannot be fully grasped without first coming to some basic understanding of economic principles.
Lesson 2: Schools of ThoughtSince its infancy, the complex study of economics has attracted more than its fair share of viewpoints and opinion makers.
Lesson 3: Ten Major Principles of EconomicsMankiw's objective with his work, "Principles of Economics" was to present readers with a basic framework of how economics works and fundamental structures for analyzing economic systems presently in place.
Lesson 4: World Economic Systems and Comparative EconomicsThis lesson will focus on different types of economic systems that exist throughout the world; the degree to which they effectively serve their respective environments and the ways in which they complement or clash with one another.
Lesson 5: Components in Societal EconomyOne of the purposes behind the science of economics is to present a structure by which a society's economy may be compared or contrasted against those of other societies.
Lesson 6: Basic Tenets of the U.S. Economic SystemThe strengths of the U.S. economic system depends on natural resources, labor, and capital.
Lesson 7: Global Economies: Ranking National EconomiesWhile the U.S. was formerly viewed to be the sole super economic power, over the past decade, it has declined in many financial and economic areas.
Lesson 8: Micro and Macro: Styles of EconomicsInterweaving many of the previously discussed elements relating to economics, the concepts of macroeconomics and microeconomics are useful tools for comparing and contrasting economic activity among world nations.
Lesson 9: Federal Reserve System: aka "The Fed"By order of Congress, the Federal Reserve System was introduced as part of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913.
Lesson 10: Managerial EconomicsAs a category, economic activities occurring within corporate structures are known either as managerial economics or business economics.
Lesson 11: Gross National Product (GNP) and Gross Domestic Product (GDP)Both GNP and GDP are used to facilitate the economic policy making process performed by government, and to contribute to the planning and strategy sessions conducted by corporate executives.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define economics.
- Summarize the history of economics.
- Describe the ten major principles of economics.
- Describe the components in Societal Economy.
- Summarize Global Economies.
- Compare and contrast Micro and Macro Economics.
- Describe the Federal Reserve System.
- Define the Gross National Product (GNP) and Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1, Assignment 1||Assignment||40|
|Lesson I Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2, Assignment 1||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3, Assignment 1||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4, Assignment 1||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Lesson 6, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7, Assignment 1||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 8, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9, Assignment 1||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Lesson 11, Assignment 1||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||Exam||8|
|The Final Exam||Exam||450|
- Hotel Management 101$65.000.9 CEUs
- Fundraising 101$65.000.6 CEUs
- Economics 201$65.001.5 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Accounts Receivable Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report$65.001.4 CEUs
- Contract Law 101 - An Introduction$75.001.0 CEUs
- Investing 201: Intro to Commodity, Options, and Futures Markets$65.001.2 CEUs
- Legal Terminology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Investing 101: Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds$60.000.4 CEUs
- Personal Finance 101: How to Manage Your Money$55.001.0 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage$60.001.0 CEUs
- Estate Planning$60.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Retirement Planning$55.001.1 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk 101$65.001.0 CEUs