Legal Terminology 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, making a will, buying a car, getting health insurance, applying for a credit card or hiring a lawyer then understanding the terminology of the contracts, forms and systems is vital for a successful outcome.
Whether you're a homemaker or a student or looking for work in the legal or business world this course will help you learn a new language the 'legal language'.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1. Introduction to Legal TerminologyIntroduction and Course Overview
Lesson 2. The American Legal SystemHistory of the American Legal System
Lesson 3. The Litigation ProcessTerms used in litigation.
Lesson 4. Civil ActionsTerms most commonly associated with Civil cases.
Lesson 5. Criminal LawTerms commonly used during the course of a criminal trial.
Lesson 6. Contract Law and Lease TerminologyTerms associated with contract law and leases.
Lesson 7. Wills and EstatesTerms associated with wills and estates.
Lesson 8. Family Law and Domestic RelationsTerms presented in this lesson will help you to make better sense of the complexities of relationships.
Lesson 9. BankruptcyTwo types of bankruptcy available to individuals as well as the terminology commonly associated with this process.
Lesson 10. Tort LawTerms used in a personal injury, or tort, cases.
Lesson 11. Property LawTerms you will likely encounter during the home buying process.
Lesson 12. PartnershipsGeneral terminology governing partnerships and their operation.
Lesson 13. CorporationsTerms commonly associated with the incorporating process.
The Final ExamThe Final Exam
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the American legal system.
- Define terms dealing with the litigation process.
- Define terms dealing with civil actions.
- Define terms dealing with criminal law.
- Define terms dealing with contract law and lease terminology.
- Define terms dealing with wills and estates.
- Define terms dealing with family law/domestic relations.
- Define terms dealing with bankruptcy.
- Define terms dealing with tort law.
- Define terms dealing with property law.
- Define terms dealing with partnerships and corporations, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9: Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12: Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13: Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||98|
- "The instructors ready support and his way of answering questions promptly and all the material presented in a beautiful manner. I really adore the way my assignments were answered and grades given. My instructor was very helpful. Actually he is responsible in my clearing the course so soon and my heartfelt thanks to him. I would like to take more courses from Universal Class. Thanks." -- Chitra C.
- "I enjoy each class I am taking and I look forward to take more courses from this site whenever possible." -- Maureen G.
- "I'm sure this course will become helpful from now on, as I took the course so I would know my rights. I have been wronged before." -- laura J.
- "It was all very helpful....It was a very precise and on target course. The instructor was very prompt in his replies. All in all, it was a fascinating experience, especially since I have never worked in legal and it was all new to me." -- Janice D.
- "The entire course was very informative and organized. I enjoyed it very much....I really enjoyed the instructor's comments that he gave often throughout the course." -- Jean C.
- "Most helpful was the way the chapters were dedicated to different divisions of law. This was exactly the emphasis I needed....Thank you for your words of encouragement." -- Karen P.
- "I copied the lessons and will be referring to them-a good summation of different types of law....The instructor was very personable and helpful." -- Colette W.
- View More Testimonials...