with CEU Certificate*
Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, making a will, buying a car, getting health insurance, applying for a credit card or hiring a lawyer then understanding the terminology of the contracts, forms and systems is vital for a successful outcome.
Whether you're a homemaker or a student or looking for work in the legal or business world this course will help you learn a new language the 'legal language'.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to Legal TerminologyIntroduction and Course Overview
Lesson 2. The American Legal SystemHistory of the American Legal System
Lesson 3. The Litigation ProcessTerms used in litigation.
Lesson 4. Civil ActionsTerms most commonly associated with Civil cases.
Lesson 5. Criminal LawTerms commonly used during the course of a criminal trial.
Lesson 6. Contract Law and Lease TerminologyTerms associated with contract law and leases.
Lesson 7. Wills and EstatesTerms associated with wills and estates.
Lesson 8. Family Law and Domestic RelationsTerms presented in this lesson will help you to make better sense of the complexities of relationships.
Lesson 9. BankruptcyTwo types of bankruptcy available to individuals as well as the terminology commonly associated with this process.
Lesson 10. Tort LawTerms used in a personal injury, or tort, cases.
Lesson 11. Property LawTerms you will likely encounter during the home buying process.
Lesson 12. PartnershipsGeneral terminology governing partnerships and their operation.
Lesson 13. CorporationsTerms commonly associated with the incorporating process.
The Final ExamThe Final Exam
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the American legal system.
- Define terms dealing with the litigation process.
- Define terms dealing with civil actions.
- Define terms dealing with criminal law.
- Define terms dealing with contract law and lease terminology.
- Define terms dealing with wills and estates.
- Define terms dealing with family law/domestic relations.
- Define terms dealing with bankruptcy.
- Define terms dealing with tort law.
- Define terms dealing with property law.
- Define terms dealing with partnerships and corporations, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9: Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11: Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12: Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13: Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||98|
- Criminology Basics$60.000.7 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- General Secretary 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$70.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Women's Fiction$90.001.0 CEUs
- Proofreading and Copyediting 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Speed Writing 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$75.001.0 CEUs
- Persuasion Techniques$60.001.0 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Virtual Assistant 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Administrative Assistant 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Negotiation Skills$75.000.8 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing$90.001.2 CEUs
- Freelance Writing 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Travel Writing 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Employment Law Fundamentals$80.001.2 CEUs
- Workers' Compensation 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Workplace Safety 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Retail Business 101$65.001.1 CEUs