Course Syllabus: Project Management 101
with CEU Certificate*
why a plan is so important to the success of a project.
the importance of good teamwork and how to select the right members of a team for a project.
what tools are available to help you be a better project manager.
and much more.
This is an online course, so you'll need to have a computer with an Internet connection, and you'll need a web-browser (you can use IE or FireFox).
All the course materials you'll need to complete this course are provided in the course lessons. You will not need to purchase any additional materials, resources, or books
ü What project management is all about and how to approach it successfully.
ü The selection of a project manager and defining the goals of the project.
ü The importance of planning, management, team building, and organization.
ü The issue of budgeting in project management, including cost budgeting and personnel budgeting.
ü The importance of estimating, guessing, and milestones in project scheduling.
ü How leadership and communication affect project management.
ü How variables and risks should be approached when planning a project.
All the course materials you'll need to complete this course are provided in the course lessons.
Each lesson will be followed by a brief review quiz and assignment, each worth 10 to 25 pts.
· Lesson 1: Introduction to Project Management
· Lesson 2: Beginning a Project
· Lesson 3: Project Planning
· Lesson 4: Project Budgeting
· Lesson 5: Project Scheduling
· Lesson 6: Project Execution
· Lesson 7: Monitoring and Controlling the Project
· Lesson 8: Summary of Project Management Knowledge
· Lesson 9: Tools To Help Make a Project Manager Succeed
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Constraints of a Project||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||19|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 2 Exam||17|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 3 Exam||16|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||18|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 5 Exam||18|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 6 Exam||19|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 7 Exam||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||14|
|The Final Exam||73|
- Determining Appropriate Level of Technical Writing
- Understanding Social Responsibility In Procurement Management
- Analyzing Data Methods in Six Sigma: Designed Experiments
- The Future of Technical Writing
- How to Conduct a Traditional Judgmental Evaluation as An Employer
- A Consultant Managers Contribution to Change Management
- Using Politically Correct Language in Business Communication
- The Process of Developing Immediate and Long-Term Outcomes for Strategic Planning
- Basic Punctuation Usage Everyone Should Know
- Revising and Updating the Strategic Plan