- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.2 CEUs :: 12 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
How can you make a significant difference in your organization? One way is to be part of a project that improves the company's performance or launches it in a new direction. The business analyst (BA) plays a key role in the development and execution of company projects. Maybe it's a new product launch or a change to a more efficient software package. The BA is responsible for gathering input, analyzing the needs of the project, documenting the criteria to be met, sharing information among project team members and presenting findings to company executives.
This course will provide a solid foundation for a career in business analysis. We explore the strategy, phases, components and process a BA uses to develop a project. From conducting an enterprise analysis to assessing the solution's implementation, you will learn the basics of how to manage the process and determine the appropriate parties to be involved.
We look at project requirements (the needs that must be fulfilled to complete the initiative), how to develop a communications plan, distributing work responsibilities, creating a business model and more. The course finishes with a discussion about tasks that the BA encounters when the solution is put into place. When you are finished, you'll have a broad understanding that can launch your career in business analysis.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - A Career in Business AnalysisThis lesson will give a brief overview of a career in the field of business analysis. We discuss the role that the business analyst plays within an enterprise, and the process that an analyst will go through to complete a project.
Lesson 2 - Enterprise Analysis: Part OneThis lesson covers the initial project phase of an initiative, enterprise analysis. We discuss the purpose of enterprise analysis and the process that is involved. Also discussed are project size characteristics and strategic planning themes.
Lesson 3 - Enterprise Analysis: Part TwoThis lesson covers more phases of the enterprise analysis activities that begin a project. We discuss creating business architecture, including the process that is used. Next we cover project viability, which requires a feasibility study.
Lesson 4 - Enterprise Analysis: Part ThreeThis lesson continues to explore enterprise analysis. We discuss defining the project's scope, performing risk assessment, preparing a business case, and cover the creation of a decision package.
Lesson 5 - Requirements Planning and Management: Part OneThis lesson covers the tasks involved with planning for the requirements of the project. We discuss identifying stakeholders, defining role responsibilities, determining work division, managing information flow, and knowledge transfer.
Lesson 6 - Requirements Planning and Management: Part TwoThis lesson covers steps and methodologies in requirements planning, along with the selection of requirements activities. We also discuss requirements risk management.
Lesson 7 - Requirements Planning and Management: Part ThreeThis lesson continues the discussion on requirements planning and management. We explore the planning processes of estimating project needs and requirements scope. Also covered are management functions, including measurement and reporting function,and man
Lesson 8 - Requirements Elicitation: Part OneThis lesson covers the phase of gathering requirements from stakeholders. We explore some of the methods used in the requirements elicitation process, including brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, and interface analysis.
Lesson 9 - Requirements Elicitation: Part TwoThis lesson continues to explore requirements elicitation methodologies. We examine interviewing, observation, prototyping, requirements workshops, reverse engineering, and surveying.
Lesson 10 - Requirements Analysis & Documentation: Part OneThis lesson covers the steps that the business analyst will take to analyze the elicited requirements. We examine the characteristics of project requirements and describe the tasks that are involved.
Lesson 11 - Requirements Analysis and Documentation:Part TwoThis lesson covers the requirements documentation process. We include creating a business model, along with validation and verification strategies.
Lesson 12 - Requirements CommunicationThis lesson covers the BA's responsibilities in communicating the project requirements to stakeholders and others. We discuss the design of a communication strategy, the development of a communications plan, choosing the appropriate communications format
Lesson 13 - Solution Assessment and ValidationThis lesson covers the final project phases that address the solution implementation. We discuss the BA's role in developing alternate solutions to fit requirements, evaluating technology options, selecting the best solution, and post implementation revie
Average Lesson Rating: (517 votes)
12 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Business Analysis
Course Number: 7550320
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: busanalysis.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Dr. Metodija Stojanovski
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $40.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $65.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the job and career highlights of being a business analyst.
- Describe the purpose of enterprise analysis and the processes and activities involved.
- Identify stakeholders, define role responsibilities, describe work division, manage information flow, and transfer knowledge.
- Describe the methods used for gathering requirements from stakeholders.
- Describe the elicitation methodologies.
- Describe the responsibilities in communicating project requirements.
- Describe the solution assessments and validation processes involved in delivering a final project, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 - A Career in Business Analysis||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 - Enterprise Analysis: Part One||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 - Enterprise Analysis: Part Two||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 - Enterprise Analysis: Part Three||Exam||7|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Requirements Planning and Management: Part One||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 - Requirements Planning and Management: Part Two||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 - Requirements Planning and Management: Part Three||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 - Requirements Elicitation: Part One||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 - Requirements Elicitation: Part Two||Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 - Requirements Analysis & Documentation: Part One||Exam||7|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 - Requirements Analysis & Documentation: Part Two||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 - Requirements Communication||Exam||7|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 13 - Solution Assessment and Validationac||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Business Management$70.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration$70.001.1 CEUs
- Managerial Accounting 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- General Secretary 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Management Essentials 101$60.000.5 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Accounts Receivable Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report$65.001.4 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage$60.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Virtual Assistant 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Administrative Assistant 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing$90.001.2 CEUs
- Freelance Writing 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Travel Writing 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Employment Law Fundamentals$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Retail Business 101$65.001.1 CEUs