Course Syllabus: Problem Solving Strategies
with CEU Certificate*
I have a problem: I want it to go away.
I have a problem: I want the easiest, quickest, cheapest solution possible.
I/we have a problem, but I/we can't solve it because of money, people and personalities, powerful external forces...
Our problems are too big: there is no way to solve them.
Most people have said such things to themselves at some point. Problems come in many sizes and degrees of complexity, but they are unavoidable in life. Problem solving and decision making around solutions are essential skills.
The good news is that many academics, business consultants, and leaders in all fields have explored these areas and have developed effective models and strategies that work. In Sections I-VII, this course will provide tools for effective and meaningful problem solving. In Sections VIII and IX, we will cover decision making processes.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Problem Solving: The Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Research/Gathering Data
Lesson 3: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Your Strengths
Lesson 4: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Resources
Lesson 5: Problem Solving: Digging Deeper
Lesson 6: Solving Problems: Process, Tools, and Techniques
Lesson 7: Decision Making: The Fundamentals
Lesson 8: Decision Making: Making Tough Decisions
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class .
|Lesson 1 Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||33|
- The Process, Techniques and Tools Used for Solving Problems
- Problem Solving Strategies: Research/Gathering Data
- The Basics of The Decision Making
- The Process of Making Difficult Decisions
- The Fundamentals of Problem Solving Strategies
- The Awesome Responsibilities of a Life Coach
- Business Management: Designing Your Team
- How to Be Assertive and Confident in Your Communication without Being Aggressive
- Life Coaching Help: How to Effectively Communicate with Your Clients
- Manager Delegating Roles of Assessing and Providing Feedback
- Business Management: Developing Your Team Resources
- Etiquette Procedures to Follow in Business Cell Phone
- The Importance of Newsletters in Providing Good Customer Care
- How to Identify the Right Solution for the Right Problem in Decision Making
- Business Management: Benefits of Teamwork