I have a problem: I want it to go away.
I have a problem: I want the easiest, quickest, cheapest solution possible.
I/we have a problem, but I/we can't solve it because of money, people and personalities, powerful external forces...
Our problems are too big: there is no way to solve them.
Most people have said such things to themselves at some point. Problems come in many sizes and degrees of complexity, but they are unavoidable in life. Problem solving and decision making around solutions are essential skills.
The good news is that many academics, business consultants, and leaders in all fields have explored these areas and have developed effective models and strategies that work. In Sections I-VII, this course will provide tools for effective and meaningful problem solving. In Sections VIII and IX, we will cover decision making processes.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Problem Solving: The Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Research/Gathering Data
Lesson 3: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Your Strengths
Lesson 4: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Resources
Lesson 5: Problem Solving: Digging Deeper
Lesson 6: Solving Problems: Process, Tools, and Techniques
Lesson 7: Decision Making: The Fundamentals
Lesson 8: Decision Making: Making Tough Decisions
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class .
|Lesson 1 Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||33|
- The Process, Techniques and Tools Used for Solving Problems
- The Basics of The Decision Making
- The Fundamentals of Problem Solving Strategies
- Problem Solving Strategies: Research/Gathering Data
- The Process of Making Difficult Decisions
- Etiquette Guidelines for Using Voicemail in Business Communications
- What is Mediation?
- Ways to Rehearse Your Speech for an Effective Presentation
- The Basics of Crisis Management
- How to Be a Good Mediator
- Understanding Legal Issues in Employment Law
- The Importance of Understanding International Etiquette in Business
- Business Management: Benefits of Teamwork
- Business and Corporate World Air Travel Etiquette
- The Fundamentals of Employment Law