Course Syllabus: Problem Solving Strategies
with CEU Certificate*
I have a problem: I want it to go away.
I have a problem: I want the easiest, quickest, cheapest solution possible.
I/we have a problem, but I/we can't solve it because of money, people and personalities, powerful external forces...
Our problems are too big: there is no way to solve them.
Most people have said such things to themselves at some point. Problems come in many sizes and degrees of complexity, but they are unavoidable in life. Problem solving and decision making around solutions are essential skills.
The good news is that many academics, business consultants, and leaders in all fields have explored these areas and have developed effective models and strategies that work. In Sections I-VII, this course will provide tools for effective and meaningful problem solving. In Sections VIII and IX, we will cover decision making processes.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Problem Solving: The Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Research/Gathering Data
Lesson 3: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Your Strengths
Lesson 4: Problem Solving: Determining and Building Resources
Lesson 5: Problem Solving: Digging Deeper
Lesson 6: Solving Problems: Process, Tools, and Techniques
Lesson 7: Decision Making: The Fundamentals
Lesson 8: Decision Making: Making Tough Decisions
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class .
|Lesson 1 Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||33|
- The Process, Techniques and Tools Used for Solving Problems
- The Fundamentals of Problem Solving Strategies
- The Basics of The Decision Making
- The Process of Making Difficult Decisions
- Problem Solving Strategies: Research/Gathering Data
- Dealing With The Consequences of Unlawful Termination
- Breaking Down the Decision Making Process
- The Characteristics of Conflict in Communication
- Employment Law: Employee Privacy and Other Topics
- The Importance of Understanding International Etiquette in Business
- Personality and Emotional Intelligence
- Establish a Client Strategy for the Management Consultant
- Business Management: Benefits of Teamwork
- Etiquette Recommendations for Effective Business
- How to Remove Barriers to Creativity to Enhance the Decision Making Process