with CEU Certificate*
Coaching has long been an accepted method of improving performance, specifically in sports. The excellent results shown in the sports arena have been expanded to those in executive positions in business.
For the last fifteen to twenty years, many more people have been exposed to the idea of coaching in all aspects of their lives. Coaches must have the necessary life experiences and communication skills to be totally present to their clients, to really listen to them, and provide a safe arena to express ideas.
This course will focus on how to be a Life Coach. Life Coaching is an occupation where you work with individuals who wish to make a change in their lives. By working with clients to evaluate their lives on a personal, professional, and spiritual level, you help them to make realistic goals and establish the necessary steps required to reach those goals.
"If we go down into ourselves,
we find that we possess exactly what we desire."
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Life Coaching BasicsThose on the road of life coaching are looking to better themselves; in life, at work, and in creating a better balance between the two.
Lesson 2: Responsibilities of a Life CoachAt least, life coaches do not find it hard while they are coaching a client because they have taught themselves to be wholly and completely involved in the coaching process and do not allow outside thoughts to interfere.
Lesson 3: Integrity and ResponsibilityBeing a life coach means you are whole, you have integrity, you are authentic, and you work at your life as hard as you expect your clients to work at theirs.
Lesson 4: SpiritualityNot to be confused with religion, morality or ethics, spirituality is that yearning inside of us for something greater than ourselves.
Lesson 5: CommunicationsCommunication seems as though it should be a very easy task; but in reality, it is one of the most complicated activities we do every day.
Lesson 6: Goal -settingThe most successful people in the world reached that place in life because they learned early in life how to set and achieve their goals.
Lesson 7: AttitudeWe all want good results from the effort that we put forth. For the most part, we are willing to put in the necessary hard work, and most of us know we have to pay the price to achieve success and happiness.
Lesson 8: Looking InsideWe are getting to some of the really intense life coaching skills you are going to need in your job. You will have to be encouraging, a sounding board, and a safe haven for your clients.
Lesson 9: Leadership TrainingYou also will have clients who need to learn what leadership is about. You will have to help them recognize good leader role models in their lives to use as examples.
Lesson 10: ProcrastinationThe basic definition of procrastination is putting off doing something that could be done now until a later date and time. What makes this procrastination is that we usually put off essential tasks in favor of doing nonessential tasks.
Lesson 11: Overcoming ProcrastinationAs we learned in Lesson 10, procrastination is a problem that can affect many areas of our lives. The real truth is that most of us procrastinate about something.
Lesson 12: Why We Resist ChangeScientists at MIT have proven that we repeat certain behaviors because our brain is in a "rut" of sorts. Because of this, it is often very difficult for us to change our behavior.
Lesson 13: How to ChangeChange requires some work, a vision, some strategy, and commitment. It requires that you live for today, reflect on the past, and prepare for the future.
Lesson 14: Setting Yourself Up to WinAs implied, personal development is a way for you to develop personally.
Lesson 15: Recognizing SuccessIf we do not stop to look at our accomplishments, we could become discouraged because our horizon is just such an imaginary goal that is constantly moving out ahead of us.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define life coaching.
- Describe responsibilities of a life coach.
- Summarize why integrity and responsibility is pivotal in the role of a life coach.
- Describe spirituality implications of life coaching.
- Summarize the necessary communication skills for life coaching.
- Define goal setting.
- Describe attitude.
- Define leadership training.
- Describe ways to eliminate procrastination.
- Recognize why we resist change.
- Describe methods for embracing change.
- Recognize and reward success, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Life Coaching Basics||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Responsibilities of a Life Coach||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3: Integrity and Responsibility||Exam||11|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: Spirituality||Exam||12|
|Lesson 5 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5: Communications||Exam||12|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: Goal Setting||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: Attitude||Exam||11|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: Looking Inside||Exam||11|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Leadership Training||Exam||12|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: Procrastination||Exam||11|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Overcoming Procrastination||Exam||11|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12: Why We Resist Change||Exam||11|
|Lesson 13 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13: How to Change||Exam||11|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14: Setting Yourself Up to Win||Exam||11|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15: Recognizing Success||Exam||11|
|The Final Exam||Exam||41|
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Management Essentials$60.000.7 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact$60.000.5 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- Career Coaching$65.001.4 CEUs
- The Art of Breathing$50.001.0 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Spiritual Counseling$95.001.3 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$75.001.0 CEUs
- Relaxation 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.000.6 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Stress Management$75.001.0 CEUs
- Meditation 101: Learn How to Meditate$55.001.1 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching$75.001.1 CEUs
- Business Management$110.001.1 CEUs
- Depression Management$65.000.7 CEUs
- Negotiation Skills$75.000.8 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Counseling Psychology 101$75.001.4 CEUs
- Leadership and Supervision 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101$70.001.4 CEUs