Online Class: Career Coaching
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionWith the job market becoming seemingly impossible to crack, career coaches are more important than ever.
This online course will teach students the basic of career coaching, including the definition of career coaching, the ethics, how to find clients, how to assess client needs, matching a client to their true calling, improving the work life of a client, helping clients find new careers, using road maps, uncovering client motivation, client branding strategies, interview advice, negotiating for a better benefits package, teaching a client to be successful in the long term, and how to ensure career coaching career success.
These career coaching lessons include checklists, examples, and clearly outlined steps to ensuring a career coach is ready for any client and any situation.By learning the basics of coaching, the student will be able to start their own career coaching business, helping others find the work which truly sustains them – while also helping their own career goals. From the basics of finding clients, to helping them, and to insuring their success, this career coach course offers a self-paced, self-study opportunity to become a career coach who guides clients to their true vocation or just to a happier work life.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What Does Being a Career Coach Mean to You?Lesson Objective: Learn what a career coach is and how you can be effective in your role as one.
Lesson 2: The Ethics of Career CoachingLesson Objective: To learn more about the ethics of coaching and how to ensure clients are treated in an ethical manner.
Lesson 3: Do You Have the Right Training for Career Coaching?Lesson Objective: To learn what training can be helpful to support a career coaching career.
Lesson 4: Finding Career Coaching ClientsLesson Objective: To learn how to find career coaching clients using various marketing techniques.
Lesson 5: Assessing a Client's NeedsLesson Objective: To learn how to assess clients' needs in order to best serve them.
Lesson 6: Helping Clients Find Their CallingLesson Objective: To help clients understand what their true calling, or vocation, might be.
Lesson 7: For the Client Who Just Wants to Be Happier at WorkLesson Objective: To learn how to help clients who just want to be happier at work.
Lesson 8: Strategy Plans for Finding a New JobLesson Objective: To learn how to help a client who wants to find a new job or career path.
Lesson 9: Road Maps and Coaching Go Hand in HandLesson Objective: To learn about road maps and how to use them in your coaching.
Lesson 10: Helping Clients Find What Motivates ThemLesson Objective: To help clients learn what motivates them in their career path.
Lesson 11: Branding Your ClientsLesson Objective: To learn why branding is an effective tool for building career success with your client.
Lesson 12: Teach a Client to Ace the InterviewLesson Objective: To learn how to coach a client to give a great interview.
Lesson 13: Making More MoneyLesson Objective: To learn how to help clients secure more money for the position for which they are hired.
Lesson 14: Teaching a Client That They Can Make Money and Be HappyLesson Objective: To learn how to coach clients to be happy with their new position, now and in the future.
Lesson 15: The Future of Career CoachingCareer coaching seems to be a hot market in the economy today, as more people than ever are searching for jobs and needing help in order to find the job that truly fits their skills and personality.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Career CoachingCourse Number: 8900054Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Professional DevelopmentCEU Value: 1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: John ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a career coach is.
- Define the ethics behind career coaching.
- Describe the necessary training needed to become a great career coach.
- Determine methods for finding the right clients.
- Assess your client's needs.
- Help your clients find their calling.
- Define ways to help clients make the best of your current professional situation.
- Develop strategy plans to help clients find new job opportunities.
- Create road maps.
- Help your clients find what motivates them.
- Brand your clients.
- Train your clients for better job interviewing skills.
- Show your clients ways to make more money, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 1: What Does Being a Career Coach Mean to You? Exam 11 Lesson 2 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 2: The Ethics of Career Coaching Exam 9 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 3: Do You Have the Right Training for Career Coaching? Exam 11 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 4: Finding Career Coaching Clients Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 5: Assessing a Clients Needs Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 6: Helping a Client Find Their Calling Exam 11 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 7: For the Client Who Just Wants to Be Happier at Work Exam 10 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 8: Strategy Plans for Finding a New Job Exam 10 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 9: Road Maps and Coaching Go Hand in Hand Exam 11 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 10: Helping Clients Find What Motivates Them Exam 10 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 11: Branding Your Clients Exam 11 Lesson 12 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 12: Teach a Client to Ace the Interview Exam 10 Lesson 13 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 13: Making More Money Exam 11 Lesson 14 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 14: Teaching a Client That They Can Make Money and Be Happy Exam 10 Lesson 15 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 15: The Future of Career Coaching Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 44 Total Points: 579
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "The course explained things in more detail and made concepts much clearer to me, than they would have otherwise been." -- Sue J.
- "The instructor was a good monitor of the process and provided very good feedback (to enable learning)." -- Michael B.
- "I learned so much from this course. I am looking for a job myself and also began working with an employment consultant while I took this course. I don't know if i will become a Career Coach, but I have a real solid idea of the role, the training required and it's value to clients. " -- Joanne A.
- "I would recommend this course and instructor. I learned a lot that was very helpful." -- Mary G.
- "I found Career Coaching 101 was fairly concise and user friendly compared to the free, economics course I took on Florida Virtual school." -- Anne T.
- "The Career Coach 101 course was extremely well organized and presented in a logical format. It challenged me in a manner that I was not accustomed to compared with other online courses that I have completed. I am able to apply what I have learned to make my current programs more relevant. I will recommend the course to my colleagues and clients! I look forward to enrolling in and completing additional Universal Class course offerings." -- JACK B.