with CEU Certificate
First we begin with a comprehensive review of the decimal system and basic calculations. Next are fractions, percent, and ratios. Then we move on to exponents and square roots.
In the lesson that follows, the learner sets a personal budget and reviews personal finances, including thrift buying, and calculating interest on a loan.
Then there is a discussion of conservation of energy used in the home. Later we are encouraged to budget our personal time and energy as well as money.
The trip then takes you into the business world of purchases and sales, then bookkeeping, with a thorough explanation of debits and credits, petty cash, and an overview of financial statements.
In the following lessons, we take a look at graphs, measurements and statistics.
(Is mode the same as average?) After that we find ourselves in the business office for office etiquette, netiquette, and telephone etiquette. Also the science of
Ergonomics is discussed.
We finally arrive near the end of the course when we emphasize lifelong learning, goal setting plus good health habits for a balanced life.
From the beginning, the advanced learner is encouraged to click on web references and search for more information via the internet. And everyone is encouraged to "surf" and "google" the world wide web often for more fun.
The course material includes plenty of examples and exercises for practice, interesting anecdotes about the character, history and origins of our math system from many parts of the world.
Math can be fun! However, calculations do require practice, and then more practice to be easier, more proficient and more fun. Enjoy the course!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Course on Business MathThis first lesson explains what you can expect from this course, how it is set up, and thoughts on how business math skills may be used.
Lesson 2: Decimal SystemLesson two looks at the decimal system. This lesson covers adding, subtracting, and multiplying using the decimal system.
Lesson 3: Fractions, Decimals, and PercentsThis lesson covers fractions, decimals, and percents. Explanations are given on performing the basic calculations of them.
Lesson 4: More Percents, Ratios, and ExponentsThis lesson explains percent, ratios, and exponents. The lesson includes explanations and sample problems.
Lesson 5: Personal FinanceThis lesson covers personal finance and goes over the areas of getting paid for working, banking, budgeting, and more.
Lesson 6: Math in Retail and SalesThis lesson explains business math as it relates to retail and sales. You will learn the basics of inventory, sales markups and markdowns, and calculating sales tax.
Lesson 7: Purchasing in Business TransactionsThis lesson focuses on business transactions, such as purchase orders and invoices.
Lesson 8: BookkeepingThis lesson covers all the basics of bookkeeping, including terminology, journals and ledgers, petty cash, and financial reports.
Lesson 9: Graphs and ChartsThis lesson explains the use of graphs and charts, the different types, and how to read them.
Lesson 10: Statistics, Measurements and ScaleThis lesson focuses on statistics, measurement, and scale. It explains such things as mode, averages, trends, and statistics.
Lesson 11: Office PracticeThis lesson looks at and explains some of the ins and outs of office practices. Some of the topics covered include ergonomics, outsourcing, payroll, and office etiquette.
Lesson 12: Balance in LifeThis lesson looks at ways to create a balanced life. Areas looked at include setting goals, healthy living, ergonomics, and being a life long learner.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Solve problems using the decimal system.
- Solve fractions, decimals and percent problems.
- Solve problems using ratios and exponents.
- Solve problems relating to personal finance.
- Demonstrate math skills used in retail and sales.
- Demonstrate mathematical processes involved in bookkeeping.
- Describe solutions for statistics, measurements, and scale problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Getting Started||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Introduction to Course on Business Math||Exam||160|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Decimal Practice||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Decimal System||Exam||140|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Practicing Percents||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Fractions, Decimals,Percents||Exam||130|
|Lesson 4 Assignment : Percents and More||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 4 Exam: More Percents, Ratios, Exponents||Exam||150|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Creating a Budget||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Personal Finance||Exam||140|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Retail Math||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Math in Retail and Sales||Exam||130|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Invoices||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Purchasing in Business Transactions||Exam||160|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Bookkeeping Explained||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Bookkeeping||Exam||120|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Understanding Graphs||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Graphs and Charts||Exam||130|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Statistics and Measurement||Assignment||30|
|Lesson10 Exam: Statistics, Measurements and Scale||Exam||150|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Office Etiquette||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Office Practice||Exam||160|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: Learning About Yourself||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Balance in Life||Exam||150|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Economics 101$65.001.7 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Quicken 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Talent Management 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact$60.000.5 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies 101$65.000.5 CEUs
- Statistics 101$120.003.5 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Accounts Receivable Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Public Relations 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Pinterest$45.000.3 CEUs
- How to Create Web Pages$55.001.2 CEUs
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)$55.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs