with CEU Certificate
After learning about the risks and rewards of a professional nail salon, you'll know what to look for when selecting a salon and nail technician. Your personal manicure kit will become your best ally, whether you manicure at a salon or decide to fatten your wallet by doing the manicures yourself. Nail products are at a whole new level, and you'll discover the latest manicure products and tools to get the job done on a professional scale.
Feet need love too. Last years sandals will look brand new after you complete the steps to a perfect pedicure. Foot problems can cast a cloud on a perfect day. How to Manicure helps you deal with common foot problems and practical home remedies and cures for relief.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: History Really Does Repeat ItselfBesides owning two good ears and listening skills, manicurists are licensed Nail Care Specialists (or Nail Technicians) who treat the hands and feet.
Lesson 2: Home Manicure TechniquesYou may already have some of your manicure tools on hand. If not, purchase what you need for your home manicure.
Lesson 3: Steps To a Perfect ManicureInspect your manicure kit for all the tools and supplies you'll need for your home manicure. Include a clean, folded hand towel to rest your hands on while manicuring.
Lesson 4: What Nails Say About You and Your HealthNails are made of a tough fibrous tissue called Keratin. One of the body's strongest tissues can still become weak, break or grow too slowly due too infections or chemical exposure.
Lesson 5: Nail Polish and TrendsIf you must use a nail hardener, don't use it regularly. It makes good sense to apply it only to the tip of the nails where cracking, chipping and peeling occur.
Lesson 6: Are Artificial Nails For You?Before you decide on the type of artificial nails you want, talk to a manicurist and ask if she is skilled in the application of artificial nails, and how long she has been a manicurist. You want an expert.
Lesson 7: Home PedicuresBusy men and women who are constantly on the move often neglect to care for their feet.
Lesson 8: Home Mani-Pedi Vs. a Salon Mani-PediRemember, licensing doesn't mean safe. The main complaints are poor hygiene, shoddily done manicures and poor customer service.
Lesson 9: Organic Nail Lotions and PotionsOrganic or home remedies are great ways to save money and rid oneself of the harmful chemicals found in today's cosmetics and lotions.
Lesson 10: Tools of the TradeWith all the gadgets to pick from, you can personalize your home treatment to include a manicure, pedicure and a steam facial.
Lesson 11: What to Expect From a Beauty SchoolIf you enjoy working with your hands and consider yourself, literally, a hands on people person, a career as a manicurist may be just what you need to reboot yourself and learn a new career.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe home manicure techniques.
- Describe steps to a perfect manicure.
- Summarize what nails say about you and your health.
- Describe nail polish and trends.
- Determine whether artificial nails are for you.
- Describe home pedicures.
- Identify organic nail lotions and potions.
- Describe tools of the trade, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|The Final Exam||Exam||520|
- Aromatherapy 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$65.001.5 CEUs
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Knitting 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Candle Making 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Braiding Hair 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Tex Mex Cooking 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- All About Herbs$55.001.1 CEUs
- Soap Making 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Genealogy 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Career Coaching 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.0 CEUs
- The Art of Breathing 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles$55.001.0 CEUs
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Relaxation 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.001.0 CEUs
- Sewing 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Yoga 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Meditation 101: Learn How to Meditate$55.001.1 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching 101$75.001.1 CEUs