Online Class: Soap Making 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
"Handmade" things are springing up everywhere -- in stores, boutiques, as take out food and in health care items. People are returning to the retro feeling of "home made" from home decor to high end, custom embellished clothing to homey foods. Soap can be a big part of this retro trend. Take advantage of this marketing trend and profit from your tiny investment in this class.
Soap making is actually easy. The lessons provide recipes for soaps in several lessons. They have been tested. You can use them "as is" or, at completion of the course, feel confident about personalizing the recipes to make them your own. Included are marketing ideas to get you thinking about how to name, how to make them special with your package and styling and how to price them for both wholesale and retail applications.
Learn a new creative 'art'! Try Soap Making today!
Learn the foundations of soap making: the history behind the craft; basic melt and pour techniques, popular cold-process methods; how to create your own recipes (using a simple set formula); how to create signature soaps, basic aromatherapy, special soaps and what to do when your recipes need a little fine tuning.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Soap Making HistoryThe history of soap. Basic ingredients and tools needed.
Lesson 2: The Science of Making SoapThe materials and science of making soap. Fillers and fragrances; water/fat ratios.
Lesson 3: Making Soaps: Basic RecipesInstructions and ingredients of basic soaps. Making Fruit Soaps, Vegetable Soaps, Spicy Soaps.
Lesson 4: Signature Soap RecipesCreating a signature soap that appeals to friends, family, or customers. Aromatherapy, colors, and herbs. Recipes to try.
Lesson 5: Special SoapsIn this lesson, you will add other knowledge to your basics, to give you more choices in your soap making. Topics will include: how to make shampoos, antiseptics, and bath salts.
Lesson 6: Problems with Making SoapThis lesson will go over some problems and solutions in making soap.
Lesson 7: The Business of Selling Your SoapsIn this lesson, we will discuss the business of selling soap: How to figure costs of labor and material, and marketing stratagies.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Summarize soap making history.
- Summarize the science of making soap.
- Make soaps.
- Summarize signature soap recipes.
- Describe making special soaps.
- Describe problems with making soap.
- Summarize the business of selling your soaps, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|History of Soap Making||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||8|
|How to Fix Problems||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 6: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 A: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 B: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
- "All of the course was helpful, I can use all of it to help me start my business. Thank you." -- Cassia H.
- "Found it very interesting and Helpful I am now taking Armotheraphy class,...Loved taking the course and found it very helpful, and found the instructor to be very fast with reply and exams. Great course." -- Maude C.
- "I enjoyed how easy they walked you through the whole process. In addition, they had available sights to find for more information. I really enjoyed this class. Thank you!" -- marcia F.