The enjoyment of a beautiful landscape is one of the great pleasures of home ownership. However, actually realizing your landscaping visions can be stressful Frequently you have a bare dirt and poor grass yard or an all grass yard and you just don't know where to start. This online course can help. Landscaping 101 will not only teach you the basics of the science of landscaping, it will show you how to apply your own creativity to transform your yard into a work of art.
In this course you will:
- Learn the basics of landscaping including harmony, balance, color, natural transitions, proportion and line.
- Learn how to assess your present landscape needs.
- Learn how to assess the purpose of your landscape.
- Learn how to gather ideas and whether to use professional help or not.
- Learn how to plan your landscape, and schedule the work.
- Learn how to avoid common landscaping mistakes.
- Learn how to make the most of what you have.
This starter course is ideal for anyone -- whether you just want to improve one corner of the yard, or you want to add some flowerbeds or a tree or shrub here and there, or you're starting from scratch with a bare lot and need to learn how to start, plan, and finish an entire landscape.