with CEU Certificate*
The course begins with a look at the history of Tex Mex cuisine, where it came from and how it is influenced by cultural and geographical factors. From Lesson 2, the real fun begins with a range of recipes that will in turn challenge and surprise you with their unique combinations of ingredients. While many of the recipes make great use of chillies and spices, many of them can be made milder to suit every taste so there really is something for everyone here, from those who love things hot, hot, hot... to children and those who can't quite handle the heat!
Each lesson has around 3 recipes to try, ranging from side dishes and snacks to more involving recipes for whole meals. Throughout the course, suggestions are made for those who want to be adventurous and alter the recipes to suit the preferences of their family or dinner guests; allowing you to have the freedom to be original and continue the Tex Mex legacy by perhaps introducing some of your own locality into the recipes.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Tex Mex CuisineTex-Mex cooking is a combination of Mexican and Texan cultures. Over the space of many generations the recipes and ingredients have evolved to create a style of dishes that brings excitement and flavor to the dinner table.
Lesson 2: Classic Tex-Mex RecipesThis lesson gets us off to a flying start with a classic Mexican dish with a great Tex-Mex twist.
Lesson 3: Salsa, Rice, and CheeseServe this delicious salsa with any Texan, Mexican or Tex Mex dish to liven it up or simply serve with toasted tortillas or nachos to enjoy the tomato and chili flavors that burst through.
Lesson 4: PastaTexan cooks have a range of pasta recipes that have been adapted to suit the preferences of the Tex Mex fan and this lesson looks at just a few wonderful pasta dishes.
Lesson 5: Tex-Mex FlavorsThis lesson has a real mix of flavors to keep you learning about how typical Mexican and Texan ingredients interact with one another to create a vast range of different effects.
Lesson 6: Guacamole, Beans and QuesadillasThis lesson takes on one of the most popular Mexican exports in the form of Guacamole and then moves on to take you through the process of making one of Tex Mex's greatest success stories; quesadillas.
Lesson 7: Beer Battered Fritters, Pizza, and Stuffed Cherry TomatoesThis lesson takes you through three new recipes, each of which looks at Tex Mex cuisine in a slightly different way.
Lesson 8: Nachos, Beef and Chipotle Pasta, and Corn on the CobThis lesson will take you through some of the most popular Tex Mex specialities!
Lesson 9: Chimichangas, Potato Bake, and Baked ChickenThis lesson takes on some more substantial recipes and by now your knowledge and experience will encourage you to experiment so feel free to add to the dishes.
Lesson 10: ChiliThis lesson is all about chili. We begin with a recipe that has become a favorite worldwide and perhaps symbolizes the Tex Mex philosophy.
Lesson 11: Marinades, Soups, and PotatoesLesson 11 is the final lesson that deals with food recipes before moving on to have a brief look at Tex Mex beverages in lesson 12.
Lesson 12: BeveragesThis lesson winds down with a focus on the drinks popular in the Tex Mex world. Choosing what to drink with spicy food can be difficult but this is a brief guide to some popular beverages that will suit some of the recipes you will be enjoying in the cour
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Demonstrate classic Tex-Mex recipes.
- Demonstrate making salsa, rice, and cheese.
- Demonstrate making pasta.
- Describe and recognize Tex-Mex flavors.
- Demonstrate making guacamole, beans and quesadillas.
- Demonstrate making beer battered fritters, pizza, and stuffed cherry tomatoes.
- Demonstrate making nachos, beef and chipotle pasta, and corn on the cob.
- Demonstrate making chimichangas, potato bake, and baked chicken.
- Demonstrate making chilli, marinades, soups, potatoes, and beverages, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: What is Tex Mex Cuisine?||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Introduce Yourself to Some Tex Mex Classics||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Make the Side Dishes- Salsa and Mexican Rice||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Tex Mex Pasta!||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Different Tex Mex Flavors||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Make some Quesadillas .||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Beer Battered Fritters, Pizza and Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Corn on the Cob (Tex Mex style)||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Chimichangas||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: All about Chili||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Ribs and Potatoes||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: The Right Beverage||Assignment||20|
|Final Assignment: Put it all together and Make a Tex Mex Feast||Assignment||20|
- Weight Training 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- All About Herbs$55.001.1 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.000.6 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Italian Cooking 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Waiter and Waitress Training 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.000.9 CEUs
- Bartending and Mixology 101$65.001.0 CEUs