with CEU Certificate
Many people grow up watching their mothers or fathers cook; they may see them read recipes, combine ingredients, and use sauté pans. These same people often take for granted the ability to get into the kitchen and know what to do.
Having an inborn ability to cook isn't guaranteed. Studies show that having a good role model in the kitchen is one of the best ways to learn how to cook and bake. However, maybe you never had the opportunity to watch someone cook. Perhaps you never had enough time to really apply yourself to the task. Maybe you're just scared of not knowing what to do.
The good news is, it's never too late to start, no matter what your background may be. The most important thing to take with you into the kitchen is a basic understanding of what to do and how to do it.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson One: Cooking vs. Baking: A Brief OverviewIn this lesson, you will learn what it means to be in the kitchen. You will learn the basic fundamentals of cooking and baking, and what you will need to know before you really get started.
Lesson Two: Kitchen EquipmentIn this lesson, you will learn what equipment and utensils are commonly found in the kitchen. You will learn what you need to get started and what you can add to your collection as you go.
Lesson Three: Cooking TermsIn this lesson, you will learn what words and terms are unique to the field of cooking.
Lesson Four: Baking TermsIn this lesson, you will learn what words and terms are unique to the field of baking.
Lesson Five: Fresh IngredientsIn this lesson, you will learn basic information about the fruits, vegetables, and herbs found in most modern recipes.
Lesson Six: Pantry EssentialsIn this lesson, you will learn what cooking and baking items are an essential part of a well-stocked pantry.
Lesson Seven: Using Cooking RecipesIn this lesson, you will learn how to read and utilize recipes as the groundwork for becoming proficient as a cook.
Lesson Eight: Using Baking RecipesIn this lesson, you will learn how baking recipes differ from cooking recipes.
Lesson Nine: Expanding RecipesIn this lesson, you will learn all about incorporating recipes into your daily cooking and baking routines.
Lesson Ten: Meal PlanningIn this lesson, you will learn how to plan in advance for your meals. You will learn how to handle large parties as well as smaller meals for one or two.
Lesson Eleven: Safety in the KitchenIn this lesson, you will learn how to keep your kitchen a safe and clean place.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe kitchen equipment needed.
- Define cooking terms.
- Define baking terms.
- Summarize the use of fresh ingredients.
- Describe the essential stockings of a pantry.
- Demonstrate usage of cooking recipes.
- Demonstrate usage of baking recipes.
- Summarize techniques used to expand recipes.
- Summarize safety techniques in the kitchen, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson One: Cooking vs. Baking: A Brief Overview||Exam||13|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Two: Kitchen Equipment||Exam||14|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Three: Cooking Terms||Exam||13|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Four: Baking Terms||Exam||15|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Five: Fresh Ingredients||Exam||15|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Six: Pantry Essentials||Exam||13|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Seven: Using Cooking Recipes||Exam||15|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Eight: Using Baking Recipes||Exam||13|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Nine: Expanding Recipes||Exam||15|
|Gluten Free Meals||Assignment||100|
|James Beard Award||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Ten: Meal Planning||Exam||14|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Eleven: Safety in the Kitchen||Exam||14|
|The Final Exam||Exam||52|
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$90.001.5 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Aromatherapy 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Career Coaching$65.001.4 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Aromatherapy (Intermediate to Advanced)$65.001.0 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.001.0 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching$75.001.1 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Kitchen Sanitation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Waiter and Waitress Training 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Flower Essences$105.001.1 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Therapeutic Bathing$55.000.8 CEUs
- Anti Aging Techniques$65.001.2 CEUs
- Landscaping 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Event Planning 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Hotel Management 101$65.000.9 CEUs
- Bartending and Mixology 101$65.001.0 CEUs