with CEU Certificate*
Traditional Scrapbooking 101 also includes a reference section with helpful advice on designing interesting layouts, developing an artistic eye and the story-telling aspects of scrapbooking. Original project suggestions are included as well as advice on how to make the time to enjoy your hobby properly. A resource guide with links to online scrapbooking sites that offer support, supplies and networking opportunities gives everyone from the beginner to the most advanced scrapbooker the opportunity to learn more.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to ScrapbookingYou don't have to be artistic and you don't have to be a talented artist to scrapbook. All it takes is the desire to have a little fun and be a little creative, and you're well on your way to being an ace at scrapbooking.
Lesson 2: The Process of Preparing to Start ScrapbookingThe key to creating a great scrapbook begins with organization. This lesson will discuss the steps you will need to start.
Lesson 3: Supplies -- The Tools of the TradeHaving the right tools for scrapbooking will make your projects easier and much more enjoyable as well as helping you to enhance the appearance of your pages.
Lesson 4: Creating Page Lay-Outs Pt. 1 (Basic Lay-Out)The way you place each element on the page in relation to the others can set the tone, create an emotion or simply display the photographs to their best advantage.
Lesson 5: Creating Page Lay-Outs Pt. 2 (Lay-Out Techniques)This course teaches you the foundation of how to create a scrapbook. It's up to you to add your own ideas and creativity and go from there.
Lesson 6: Creating Page Lay-Out Pt. 3 (Popular Layouts)In this lesson, we're going to talk about creating layouts for your pages --and even give you some ideas.
Lesson 7: Photos Pt. 1Although it may seem overwhelming to go through your collected photos and decide which ones to use and which ones to pass by, a little bit of time on this will make the rest of your project much more enjoyable.
Lesson 8: Photos Pt. 2 (Traditional Methods used Enhancing and Mounting Photographs)In this lesson, we're going to teach you how to change the shapes -- and even tint the colors -- if you want so they go with the ideas you have for your scrapbook.
Lesson 9: Photos Pt. 3 (Digital Pictures)Since scrapbooks are ways to tell stories using photographs, the pictures that you select to use in your scrapbook are important.
Lesson 10: EmbellishmentsIn this lesson, we're going to introduce you to some of the most popular embellishments.
Lesson 11: JournalingMany scrapbookers consider journaling the most difficult part of scrapbooking. It can be difficult to know what to write on all of those pages, but journaling is essential to completing the story.
Lesson 12: Creative Techniques (Paint and Brush Ideas)This lesson gives you trendy, creative ideas to decorate your scrapbook.
Lesson 13: Creative Techniques (Paper Ideas)In this lesson we will show you some neat scrapbooking techniques that can be done using paper.
Lesson 14: Creative Techniques (Ideas for Adding a Personal Touch)Your scrapbooks can be filled with wonderful photos with a good lay-out and great embellishments, but nothing makes a scrapbook more unique than finding ways to move beyond the store-bought trims.
Lesson 15: Scrapbooking Events and PartiesAs scrapbooking has gained popularity in recent years, individuals have begun putting together scrapbooking parties and events so that they can share their passion with others.
Lesson 16: The Future of ScrapbookingThe future of scrapbooking will continue to change as new materials, methods and styles evolve, including digital scrapbooking.
Lesson 17: Nearing CompletionWe are now ready to begin to put all of these creative ideas and techniques together to build a beautiful scrapbook.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define scrapbooking.
- Define the process of preparing to start scrapbooking.
- Summarize supplies you'll need.
- Demonstrate 1 (basic lay-out).
- Demonstrate 2 (lay-out techniques).
- Demonstrate 3 (popular layouts).
- Demonstrate traditional methods used enhancing and mounting photographs.
- Demonstrate embellishments.
- Demonstrate journaling.
- Demonstrate creative techniques (paint and brush ideas).
- Demonstrate creative techniques (paper ideas).
- Demonstrate creative techniques (ideas for adding a personal touch).
- Summarize scrapbooking events and parties.
- Describe the future of scrapbooking, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam Pt. 1||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam Pt. 2||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam Pt. 1||Exam||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam Pt. 2||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 14: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 Exam pt. 1||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam pt. 2||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15: Scrapbook Workroom||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 17: Scrapbook Final||Assignment||25|
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.000.7 CEUs
- Knitting 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Decorating Made Easy$70.000.8 CEUs
- Candle Making 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Tex Mex Cooking 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- All About Herbs$55.000.7 CEUs
- Soap Making 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Genealogy 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Poetry Writing 101$90.001.7 CEUs
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate$70.001.7 CEUs
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles$55.001.0 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.000.6 CEUs
- Sewing 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.000.7 CEUs
- Journaling and Memoir Writing$90.001.1 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- How to Start a Craft Business$70.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs