with CEU Certificate*
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art that is designed to help you improve your life personally and professionally. The Chinese believe that your environment has a large effect on you mentally and your physical well-being. When you are unbalanced in your life, you open yourself up to negative emotions and illness. However, when you are balanced in your life, you open yourself up to greater wealth and health. Much of what is utilized in feng shui is interior decorating designed to align your home or office with the various elements of the universe and create harmony in your life based upon your specific personal requirements.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to use feng shui in your personal life step by step. Each lesson will guide you through the next step in the process of feng shui. From determining whether you are yin or yang, what type of occupation you have, to the type of personality you have based upon your birth stars, you will learn how all of these elements combine and how to harmonize them in your home. Additionally, you will be able to assess other members of your family living in your home and harmonize your birth stars and element with the others in your home.
This harmony is created by learning how to determine which elements in your home work for you or against you, as well as the various colors and types of surfaces that should be used within your home. Finally, you will learn how to cleanse your home of not only clutter, but also ill spirits and memories that may be inhibiting you.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to Feng ShuiFeng shui is an elaborate Chinese art that is based on two Chinese astrological systems.
Lesson 2. Heaven, Earth, Man, and ChiThe core of feng shui is based on alignment and balance. For those who practice feng shui, both have internal and external significance. Ancient Chinese practitioners would use feng shui inwardly to spread joy and contentment.
Lesson 3. Yin and YangWithin chi are two cycles: a positive and a negative cycle. These cycles are known as "yin" and "yang."
Lesson 4. The Five ElementsThe Five Elements are the "moods" of chi. The five elements include Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, and Metal.
Lesson 5. The Nine Stars (Part 1)To this point, you have learned how your yin and yang constitution, your occupation, and your element affect your personality and your environment.
Lesson 6. The Nine Stars (Part 2)This lesson explains more about the different stars.
Lesson 7. The Nine Stars (Part 3)The 6 Metal Star is a person that is idealistic and ambitious. They naturally have a desire to rise up above everything and everyone.
Lesson 8. The Nine Stars (Part 4)Your lucky stars are the key to your personal style. Once you have your birth star, you can refine your personal style by determining your lucky stars.
Lesson 9. The Three Diagnostic MethodsThere are three methods that are used in diagnosing the problems that exist in your home's condition.
Lesson 10. Clutter and How It Effects Your ChiYour home can be likened to that of a living body. It has a chi, or breath, and it inhales and exhales through your home's doors and windows.
Lesson 11. The Placement of Doors and WindowsBecause your home has a chi, or a breath, the placement of your windows and doors is crucial.
Lesson 12. The Shape of Your SpaceIrregularities in architecture and design can cause certain issues within a home. The good news is that these irregularities and imbalances can be fixed by certain decor items, such as mirrors, screens, plants, and colors.
Lesson 13. Harmonize Your Chi Through Color and Other ElementsFrom previous lessons, you know what your personal colors are from your birth and lucky stars. You also know how to harmonize your element with your birth star and your door's compass direction.
Lesson 14. Using Furniture and Decor to HarmonizeNow you are ready to begin arranging the furniture in your home. However, you should look at your space as a whole, before you begin moving sofas and beds.
Lesson 15. Symbolic Decorations, Space Divining, and PurificationOnce you have arranged your home with harmonized colors and suitable furniture arrangements, you can go one step further in your home's decor with symbolic decor.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define heaven, earth, man, and chi.
- Describe yin & yang.
- Describe the five elements.
- Describe the nine stars.
- Summarize the three diagnostic methods.
- Describe clutter and how it effects your chi.
- Describe the placement of doors and windows.
- Describe the shape of your space.
- Harmonize your chi through color and other elements.
- Use furniture and decor to harmonize.
- Describe symbolic decorations, space divining and purification in feng shui, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1. Introduction to Feng Shui||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2. Heaven, Earth, Man, & Chi||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3. Yin & Yang||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4. The Five Elements||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5. The Nine Stars (Part 1)||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6. The Nine Stars (Part 2)||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7. The Nine Stars (Part 3)||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8. The Nine Stars||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9. The Three Diagnostic Methods||Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10. Clutter and How It Effects Your Chi||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11. The Placement of Doors and Windows||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12. The Shape of Your Space||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13. Harmonize Your Chi through Color and Other Elements||Exam||8|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14. Using Furniture and Decor to Harmonize||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15. Symbolic Decorations, Space Divining and Purification||Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||Exam||71|
- Clutter Control 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Knitting 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Decorating Made Easy$70.000.8 CEUs
- Candle Making 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Soap Making 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Genealogy 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles$55.001.0 CEUs
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Sewing 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.001.0 CEUs
- Yoga 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Energy Healing$95.000.5 CEUs
- How to Start a Craft Business$70.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Italian Cooking 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Landscaping 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs