Online Class: Feng Shui 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art that is designed to help you improve your life personally and professionally. The Chinese believe that your environment has a large effect on you mentally and your physical well-being. When you are unbalanced in your life, you open yourself up to negative emotions and illness. However, when you are balanced in your life, you open yourself up to greater wealth and health. Much of what is utilized in feng shui is interior decorating designed to align your home or office with the various elements of the universe and create harmony in your life based upon your specific personal requirements.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to use feng shui in your personal life step by step. Each lesson will guide you through the next step in the process of feng shui. From determining whether you are yin or yang, what type of occupation you have, to the type of personality you have based upon your birth stars, you will learn how all of these elements combine and how to harmonize them in your home. Additionally, you will be able to assess other members of your family living in your home and harmonize your birth stars and element with the others in your home.
This harmony is created by learning how to determine which elements in your home work for you or against you, as well as the various colors and types of surfaces that should be used within your home. Finally, you will learn how to cleanse your home of not only clutter, but also ill spirits and memories that may be inhibiting you.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to Feng ShuiFeng shui is an elaborate Chinese art that is based on two Chinese astrological systems.
Lesson 2. Heaven, Earth, Man, and ChiThe core of feng shui is based on alignment and balance. For those who practice feng shui, both have internal and external significance. Ancient Chinese practitioners would use feng shui inwardly to spread joy and contentment.
Lesson 3. Yin and YangWithin chi are two cycles: a positive and a negative cycle. These cycles are known as "yin" and "yang."
Lesson 4. The Five ElementsThe Five Elements are the "moods" of chi. The five elements include Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, and Metal.
Lesson 5. The Nine Stars (Part 1)To this point, you have learned how your yin and yang constitution, your occupation, and your element affect your personality and your environment.
Lesson 6. The Nine Stars (Part 2)This lesson explains more about the different stars.
Lesson 7. The Nine Stars (Part 3)The 6 Metal Star is a person that is idealistic and ambitious. They naturally have a desire to rise up above everything and everyone.
Lesson 8. The Nine Stars (Part 4)Your lucky stars are the key to your personal style. Once you have your birth star, you can refine your personal style by determining your lucky stars.
Lesson 9. The Three Diagnostic MethodsThere are three methods that are used in diagnosing the problems that exist in your home's condition.
Lesson 10. Clutter and How It Effects Your ChiYour home can be likened to that of a living body. It has a chi, or breath, and it inhales and exhales through your home's doors and windows.
Lesson 11. The Placement of Doors and WindowsBecause your home has a chi, or a breath, the placement of your windows and doors is crucial.
Lesson 12. The Shape of Your SpaceIrregularities in architecture and design can cause certain issues within a home. The good news is that these irregularities and imbalances can be fixed by certain decor items, such as mirrors, screens, plants, and colors.
Lesson 13. Harmonize Your Chi Through Color and Other ElementsFrom previous lessons, you know what your personal colors are from your birth and lucky stars. You also know how to harmonize your element with your birth star and your door's compass direction.
Lesson 14. Using Furniture and Decor to HarmonizeNow you are ready to begin arranging the furniture in your home. However, you should look at your space as a whole, before you begin moving sofas and beds.
Lesson 15. Symbolic Decorations, Space Divining, and PurificationOnce you have arranged your home with harmonized colors and suitable furniture arrangements, you can go one step further in your home's decor with symbolic decor.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Feng Shui 101Course Number: 7550355Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: fengshui101.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Eston Dunn, MS, LMTSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $55.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $80.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define heaven, earth, man, and chi.
- Describe yin & yang.
- Describe the five elements.
- Describe the nine stars.
- Summarize the three diagnostic methods.
- Describe clutter and how it effects your chi.
- Describe the placement of doors and windows.
- Describe the shape of your space.
- Harmonize your chi through color and other elements.
- Use furniture and decor to harmonize.
- Describe symbolic decorations, space divining and purification in feng shui, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 1. Introduction to Feng Shui Exam 8 Lesson 2 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 2. Heaven, Earth, Man, & Chi Exam 10 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 3. Yin & Yang Exam 10 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 4. The Five Elements Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 5. The Nine Stars (Part 1) Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 6. The Nine Stars (Part 2) Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 7. The Nine Stars (Part 3) Exam 10 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 8. The Nine Stars Exam 10 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 9. The Three Diagnostic Methods Exam 8 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 10. Clutter and How It Effects Your Chi Exam 9 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 11. The Placement of Doors and Windows Exam 9 Lesson 12 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 12. The Shape of Your Space Exam 10 Lesson 13 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 13. Harmonize Your Chi through Color and Other Elements Exam 8 Lesson 14 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 14. Using Furniture and Decor to Harmonize Exam 10 Lesson 15 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 15. Symbolic Decorations, Space Divining and Purification Exam 7 The Final Exam Exam 71 Total Points: 590
- "The assignments were very helpful in identifying problem areas and providing relatively simple solutions. The lessons helped to integrate the principles that from sources I have used earlier seemed conflicting and helped clarify the reason for suggested actions that formerly seemed arbitrary. The instructor was very encouraging and helpful and actively participated in the forums, keeping us on track and engaged. This really helped de-mystify an art that has always seemed unattainably alien before." -- Linda A.
- "I enjoyed the learning experience of every lesson but I found the last lesson on Symbolic Decorations, Space Divining, and Purification most interesting. I was most interested in the section on Divining and purification and plan to practice those in my home. I thought the instructor Eston Dunn was very responsive in reviewing and grading assignments and tests. I also appreciated his comments and his encouragement." -- Donald M.
- "I really enjoyed taking this course. It was very interesting and helpful" -- Jane S.
- "Everything was very well organized into a logical order. Eston was a great support in this class...He shares his tips and expertise in the assignments with lots of illustrative examples. He is a very talented teacher!" -- Cindylu F.
- "Very knowledgeable." -- Patricia W.
- "I love taking courses on this site. I liked the lessons and assignments and I learned a lot." -- Lisa C.
- "I found everything helpful." -- Maria Theresa S. G.
- View More Testimonials...