with CEU Certificate
In this course you will learn the elements and principles of design, how to use the flowers and foliage available to you in your area, and the mechanics of arranging flowers in vases, in floral foam arrangements, and as hand-held bouquets. You will learn how to create the classic flat bouquet and hand-tied posies, as well as bouquets that are arranged in a variety of containers, such as baskets, boxes, and bags.
Stop thinking that there are difficult rules about creating beautiful floral arrangements. Learn to trust your own vision while you are creating a floral work of art. Flowers are meant to be enjoyed--by you and by people who love to receive them. Once you complete this course you will have the ability and confidence to create floral arrangements for all types of events, from a Mother's Day tea party to a simple and elegant wedding.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1- HistoryThe way we arrange flowers today has very deep roots in the history of the world. There are two distinct schools of thought when it comes to floral arrangements.
Lesson 2- The Elements of DesignThis lesson will discuss the elements of design: Form, Texture, Space, Color, Types of Arrangements
Lesson 3- Tools and Tricks of the TradeIn order to do a job properly, you need the right tools.
Lesson 4- ContainersWe'll talk about ways to design arrangements in a traditional manner, and then we'll discuss other ways of displaying flowers that are less than traditional.
Lesson 5- FlowersIf you are planning on creating floral arrangements for a large event, such as a wedding, you will want to have a good wholesale supplier on your side. They are a font of knowledge. They know when flowers are available and from where.
Lesson 6- Silk or Real?Lesson 6
Lesson 7 - Basic Flower Arranging TechniquesArranging flowers does take a little bit of artistic ability. But, more than that, it takes some knowledge of what goes into creating a basic floral design that is visually appealing and will last for as long as possible.
Lesson 8- Flowers as GiftsLearning to put together a hand-tied bouquet is the most basic and most well-known form of flower arranging there is.
Lesson 9- Flowers for the HomeStudies have been done that indicate people relax more, have reduced stress, even lower blood pressure when they look at beautiful things from nature, such as a bouquet of flowers.
Lesson 10- Wedding Flowers Part IIf you are just starting out in your career and you wish to get involved in arranging flowers for weddings, find someone who is currently working in that field and offer to help, to assist, or apprentice. You will learn a great deal that you can apply to
Lesson 11- Wedding Flowers Part IIMaking the personal flowers for a wedding is very much an artistic endeavor.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the history of floral arrangement.
- Summarize the elements of design in floral arrangement.
- Identify tools and tricks of the trade.
- Demonstrate container use in floral arrangement.
- Demonstrate basic flow arrangement techniques and styles..
- Determine what to use silk or real flowers when setting an arrangement.
- Demonstrate techniques for arranging wedding flowers, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||11|
|To Silk or Not to Silk?||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|What Do You Think?||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|The Final Exam||Exam||51|
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Knitting 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Soap Making 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Sewing 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.001.0 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Landscaping 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs