with CEU Certificate
Organizations of all types – commercial, nonprofit and government – seek outside assistance to enhance their performances. A business consultant can uncover issues, solve problems and determine new opportunities on behalf of your clients. In this course you can learn if this fast-paced, exciting and financially rewarding industry is for you.
We discuss specialized consulting and comprehensive management consulting. You'll learn who the major firms are and how you can become a part of those companies. This course will provide guidance on qualifications and certifications that are required to become a consultant with an existing firm. And we'll show you what you need to start a consulting business.
We'll give you insight into the six phases of problem solving and introduce you to Root Cause Analysis. Included in the course are a discussion of data analysis and an examination of qualitative and quantitative strategies. You will also learn how to conduct a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.
Finally, we'll cover some important steps to consider when opening a consulting business, and how to attract and retain good paying accounts.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Becoming a ConsultantConsultants are hired by companies, government entities, and nonprofit organizations to help assess their problems, plan their future, or improve operational efficiency and profits.
Lesson 2: Client RelationsTo be successful in your role, you will need to bring more than just your business knowledge or technical expertise to the job; you need to be a master of persuasion.
Lesson 3: Understanding Personal DynamicsYour ability to influence the decision-makers and solve problems will be greatly enhanced by your ability to uncover how the organization's interpersonal relationships are conducted.
Lesson 4: Consulting ProfessionsA consultant can specialize in a particular field or offer expertise that is needed across industry lines.
Lesson 5: Management ConsultingManagement consulting is a comprehensive approach to improving an organization's performance.
Lesson 6: Qualifications and CertificationsGenerally, a college degree likely will be required by most consulting agencies, but it is not always demanded if you possess certain skills that are applicable to the project.
Lesson 7: Problem SolvingOne of the key components to successfully completing a consulting project is problem solving. Problem solving is a tool, a skill, and a process.
Lesson 8: SWOT AnalysisOne of the most used analysis techniques is a model called Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis (SWOT). SWOT is a tool for auditing an organization and its environment.
Lesson 9: Qualitative AnalysisData analysis is a practice in which raw data is ordered and organized so that useful information can be extracted from it.
Lesson 10: Quantitative AnalysisQuantitative Analysis is a business or financial analysis technique that seeks to understand a client's behavior by using mathematical and statistical modeling, measurement, and research.
Lesson 11: Starting a Consulting BusinessOften a small business owner must coordinate the marketing, planning, financial and management duties, along with the workload of an engagement.
Lesson 12: Getting AccountsEven with the expertise and experience in your chosen field, promoting your consulting business is essential to success.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a consultant does and why a company may need one.
- Describe the major skills needed to be a successful business consultant.
- Summarize the various types of consultants out there and determine which type you are.
- Define management consulting and describe the necessary qualifications and certifications.
- Define the SWOT analysis and how to use it to audit an organization.
- Define qualitative analysis.
- Define quantitative analysis.
- Describe the processes involved in creating a consulting business and landing new client accounts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1: Becoming a Consultant||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2: Client Relations||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: Understanding Personal Dynamics||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4: Consulting Professions||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5: Management Consulting||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6: Qualifications & Certifications||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7: Problem Solving||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8: SWOT Analysis||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9: Qualitative Analysis||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10: Quantitative Analysis||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11: Starting a Consulting Business||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12: Getting Accounts||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||330|
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Leadership and Supervision 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$70.001.0 CEUs
- Business Management$70.001.1 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Analysis$65.001.2 CEUs
- Business Ethics$65.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration$70.001.1 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Home Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- Project Management 101$65.000.8 CEUs