- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.1 CEUs :: 11 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Business ethics is an important part of any industry. Students or managers, unfamiliar with many ethical challenges, behaviors, or regulations will find themselves struggling in business industries that include finance, accounting or human resource management, marketing and retail.
Today's managers must necessarily concern themselves with ethical issues, because unethical behavior creates legal risks and damage to businesses as well as employees and consumers. Business ethics have become an integral part of business education in general. A student or manager who is well-versed in ethical behavior in practices, not only in the domestic market but internationally, will find him or herself better prepared to deal with issues or situations that may arise that don't always involve easy answers or decisions.Each one of us, from the individual consumer to the CEO of an international corporation, is affected in some way by business ethics during the course of his or her life. Therefore, everyone has a stake in the ramifications resulting from unethical business decisions.
This business ethics course offers an introduction into the concept of values, morality, as well as cultural beliefs and upbringing in all areas of business, from consumer rights to corporate social responsibility. Decisions made by shift managers or corporate presidents may affect thousands of individuals or entire communities. Consumers today expect and demand integrity, honesty, and transparency in all levels of their environment. Understanding those expectations is the key to communicating core values and behavior not only to employees, but society in general.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Business EthicsIn Lesson 1, you will learn what business ethics means and how it determines the relationship between a business and an individual.
Lesson 2: Why Are Ethics in Business Important?In Lesson 2, you will learn the importance of ethics in all businesses and work environments, and the ethical responsibilities and obligations of an organization and individuals.
Lesson 3: Ethics in the WorkplaceIn Lesson 3, you will learn how ethics play an important role in both large and small organizations. Also, this lesson covers the ethical issues in the workplace and the code of conduct.
Lesson 4: Corporate ResponsibilityLesson 4 defines corporate responsibility and explains the code of conduct and ethics.
Lesson 5: Corporate ComplianceLesson 5 defines and explains corporate and business compliance. It also describes the government laws and regulations for small and large companies, and the role of the Department of Labor in corporate compliance.
Lesson 6: Social ResponsibilityLesson 6 explains how Business Ethics extend the responsibilities of businesses from the workplace to environmental and cultural structures of communities.
Lesson 7: The Positive Impact of Ethics in BusinessLesson 7 analyzes how Business Ethics brought about several positive changes in the workplace.
Lesson 8: Going InternationalEthics may vary from country to country. As today's businesses have gone global, the need to know ethics practiced in various counrties becomes essential. In this Lesson, you will learn International Business Ethics.
Lesson 9: Consumer RightsIn this Lesson, you will learn more about Consumer Rights and Protection. Also, this lesson explains how Business Ethics and Consumer Rights are related.
Lesson 10: Business Ethics and the Financial WorldAgainst the backdrop of many financial scandals that have rocked Wall Street, the application of business ethics in finance becomes very important. In this Lesson, you will learn the importance of Business Ethics in Financial institutions.
Lesson 11: Final Thoughts on Business EthicsLesson 11 sums up the whole course by analyzing the importance of Business Ethics and the implications of Business Without Ethics.
Average Lesson Rating: (468 votes)
11 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Business Ethics
Course Number: 7550323
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: businessethics.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Dr. Metodija Stojanovski
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $40.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $65.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define ethics in business and why it is important.
- Describe what ethics means in the workplace.
- Define corporate responsibility.
- Define corporate compliance.
- Describe social responsibility.
- Describe the impact of ethics in the business.
- Compare differences in ethics in the international communities.
- Describe consumer rights, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Business Ethics||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Ethics||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2: Ethics in Business||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2: Why Are Ethics in Business Important?||Exam||7|
|Lesson 3: Ethics in the Workplace||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3: Ethics in the Workplace||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4: Corporate Responsibility||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Department of Labor and Corporate Compliance||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5: Corporate Compliance||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Community and Ethics||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6: Social Responsibility||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Employee Rights||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7: The Positive Impact of Ethics in Business||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: International Business Ethics||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 8: Going International||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9: Expectations versus Reality||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9: Consumer Rights||Exam||7|
|Lesson 10: Importance of Business Ethics||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 10: Business Ethics and the Financial World||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11: Significance of Business ethics||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 11: Final Thoughts on Business Ethics||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||51|
- Leadership and Supervision 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Project Management 101$90.000.8 CEUs
- Effective Presentations$60.000.6 CEUs
- Business Management$110.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- General Secretary 101$70.000.9 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$70.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Interview Skills$60.000.6 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact$60.000.5 CEUs
- Managing Your Career$60.000.6 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Public Relations 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion$60.001.2 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$75.001.0 CEUs