Wedding Planning 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
You won't find a more comprehensive of a wedding course online that isn't offered by a bridal association! This eleven-lesson course teaches you all that you need to know to become a well paid, successful wedding planner--starting the day after you finish this course.
It doesn't matter if you don't know anything about weddings right now. This detailed course gives you all the information and knowledge you need.
Did you know that the average wedding planner is paid a minimum of 10% of the total cost of the wedding? With today's average wedding costing $19,000, that means you'll make at least $1,900 dollars for each wedding you plan! Just working part time would equal an excellent new source of income.
- How to put together your portfolio even if you don't have any experience. What's more, we'll help you put one together during the course.
- Your responsibilities and duties as a wedding planner.
- The wedding industry including all you need to know about vendors.
- How to plan a wedding no matter what the budget. This easy formula will have you planning everything from small, intimate weddings to elaborate ceremonies and receptions.
- What you need to do and when you need to do it. Don't know when to order invitations? We'll tell you.
- Everything about planning and coordinating the wedding ceremony
- About the rehearsal dinner
- How to plan and coordinate a reception
- All about destination weddings
- How to plan honeymoons
- Wedding etiquette and protocol
- About weddings of different faiths
- And everything you need to know to start your business right away!
Sign up now. You're just an online course away from becoming the fairy godmother that has the power to convert the simplest weddings into the most beautiful affairs. And that is what you want, isn't it? You want to make wedding dreams come true for all your clients.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Business of Planning WeddingsIn this lesson, you will learn the importance of organization in planning weddings and the responsibilites to be successful.
Lesson 2: Getting Familiar with the Wedding IndustryIn this lesson, we will learn the importance of having a vendor list.
Lesson 3: Wedding BudgetKnowing the couples' budget is one of the first things you need to establish.
Lesson 4: The Wedding ConsultationDuring a consultation, you will be asked many questions and need a contract close by.
Lesson 5: The Wedding Planner TimelinePart of being a successful and highly recommended wedding planner is being organized and coordinating all the wedding plans so the big day goes as smoothly as possible.
Lesson 6: Planning the CeremonyLearning to coordinate the wedding ceremony and reception is essential.
Lesson 7: Planning the ReceptionUsually the wedding reception will be the largest expense associated with the wedding.
Lesson 8: Etiquette and ProtocolThis lesson includes the proper protocol before and after the ceremony and the different religious and cultural etiquettes.
Lesson 9: Resolving DisputesIt is part of your job as the wedding planner to resolve disputes and make getting to the altar as stress-free as possible for the engaged couple.
Lesson 10: Forms and Reference ToolsHere are some checklists, worksheets, and contracts.
Lesson 11: How to Start Your Wedding Planning Business Right NowWhen starting your own business, it is crucial to have all the right licences, contracts, and portfolios prepared.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Wedding Planning 101Course Number: 7550040Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: weddingplanning.onlineclasses.comInstructor: UniversalClass Staff InstructorSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $70.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $95.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the business of planning weddings.
- Become familiar with the wedding industry.
- Define and create a wedding budget.
- Describe procedures of the wedding consultation.
- Summarize and create the wedding planner timeline.
- Plan the ceremony.
- Plan the reception.
- Describe etiquette and protocol.
- Summarize methods for resolving disputes.
- Use forms, contracts and references tools.
- Describe how to start your wedding planning business right now, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1, Assignment One Assignment 30 Lesson 1, Assignment Two Assignment 10 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 40 Lesson 2, Assignment One Assignment 20 Lesson 2, Assignment Two Assignment 25 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 40 Lesson 3, Assignment One Assignment 25 Lesson 3, Assignment Two Assignment 25 Lesson 4, Assignment One Assignment 25 Lesson 5, Assignment One Assignment 30 Lesson 5, Assignment Two Assignment 15 Lesson 5 Exam:The Wedding Planner Timeline Exam 90 Lesson 6, Assignment One Assignment 15 Lesson 6, Assignment Two Assignment 25 Lesson 6 Exam: Planning the Ceremony Exam 100 Lesson 7, Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 7 Exam: Planning the Reception Exam 100 Lesson 8, Assignment Assignment 15 Lesson 8 Exam: Etiquette and Protocol Exam 100 Lesson 9, Assignment One Assignment 25 Lesson 9, Assignment Two Assignment 25 Lesson 9 Exam: Resolving Disputes Exam 70 Lesson 11, Assignment One Assignment 25 Lesson 11, Assignment Two Assignment 15 Final Assignment Assignment 10 Lesson 11 Exam: How to Start Your Wedding Planning Business Right Now Exam 90 Final Exam Exam 525 Total Points: 1545
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$70for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$95for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "This course is has given me so much more confidence to go out there and take charge. I have the knowledge that is needed to be a professional wedding planner. It has helped me to be both effective and efficient..I love it!...This course is has given me so much more confidence to go out there and take charge. I have the knowledge that is needed to be a professional wedding planner. It has helped me to be both effective and efficient..I love it!" -- Dionne D.
- "What was most helpful was the part about the etiquette and budget as well as about starting the wedding planning business, wedding timeline and few more. They were containing new information which I could learn....What was most helpful was the part about the etiquette and budget as well as about starting the wedding planning business, wedding timeline and few more. They were containing new information which I could learn." -- Hanna S.
- "The course was very helpful. I enjoyed it. Once I started I just wanted finish. ...The course was very helpful. I enjoyed it. Once I started I just wanted finish. " -- India G.
- "I was very impressed with the way the material was organized and structured, and extremely pleased that all the assignments were very practical and useful for real life. I enjoyed the study very much and by all means will consider other courses of the same instructor in the future, and will be happy to recommend these courses to other people." -- Oksana P.
- "The worksheets and links were very helpful....The worksheets and links were very helpful." -- Rosaline K.
- "Very helpful....Very helpful." -- Sarah B.