with CEU Certificate
This Party Planning course is a helpful tool for you to learn what you need to know to get started in one of today's most popular and lucrative businesses. For those who enjoy creating the life of the party, this course takes you through setting up and running a business, finding clients and planning everything from social events to major corporate events.
Using easy to follow language, this Party Planning course takes you through developing a theme, arranging entertainment, estimating start-up costs and completing a marketing analysis for your business. You'll learn to work with and search out the best photographers, entertainers and performers, caterers, and other vendors who can make or break a party planner's career. You'll understand how to think out of the box and how to gain knowledge of the latest trends in party décor, cocktails and food.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Is Party Planning for You?Perhaps you always knew you wanted to be a party/special event planner and are seeking that special niche to help you take the first step to a new, and much-in-demand business.
Lesson 2: Basics of the Party Planning BusinessYou already have an idea of the types of events and parties people hire event planners to oversee. The list is exhaustive and the events may be business-oriented, or purely social.
Lesson 3: Build Your Business BaseYou can start a party planning business with very little money. It is, however, always wise to conduct some type of market research to determine the needs in the area where you want to plan parties.
Lesson 4: Show Me the Profit!When pricing your services, be sure you charge enough. This means assessing, on the up side, what you need to charge to turn a healthy profit.
Lesson 5: Marketing Your Services and Tracking Your SpendingWhen you begin crafting your marketing materials, your beginning sentence on flyers, brochures, and correspondence should be a defining statement of your company.
Lesson 6: Every Party Planner Needs a TeamParty Planners leave the cooking, serving, and cleaning to outside help. As a party planner, your caterer is the glue that will hold your party together.
Lesson 7: Legal Issues to PonderThere is much to ponder when it comes to legal issues in certain small businesses; for instance, naming your business.
Lesson 8: Tapping into Social EventsFor those who panic at the thought of inviting three couples to their home for a dinner party, a party planner is an essential advisor.
Lesson 9: Equipment and InventoryThink twice before you go out on a limb for party supplies. Get an idea of what you need, by planning a few parties first, and get your business off the ground.
Lesson 10: Corporate EventsAlthough we have barely recovered from a devastating recession, corporate events are still a "yes," but "no" to big budgets.
Lesson 11: Children's Birthday Parties and VenuesYou and your child can have fun making birthday invitations together. It builds a little suspense and anticipation in any child to prepare the invitations and send them out.
Lesson 12: Planning the Food and BeveragesWhen planning children's birthday parties, cocktails are usually taboo. When you have other parents helping out, it's best not to serve alcohol. These are the same people who will be driving their child home.
Lesson 13: Party DecorThemed parties are always a hit and once you have settled on a theme, you can plan games, invitations, and perhaps a cake to add a finishing touch. Remember, a little bit goes a long way.
Lesson 14: Formulas for SuccessSomething good comes from everything, and the party planners learned some hard lessons. It's really all about standing behind your work and paying for damages.
Lesson 15: Education, Training and EvaluationsA volatile field, event planning businesses tend to move around a lot, change their specialties and image, and expand. No source can command total authority of the business.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a party planner does.
- Describe the basics of the party planning business.
- Describe how to build a business base.
- Summarize how to make a profit.
- Describe marketing services and tracking spending.
- Describe legal issues.
- Describe party planning for social events versus corporate events.
- Describe party planning for children's birthday parties and venues.
- Describe party planning for the food and beverages.
- Define party decor, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1: Is Party Planning For You?||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2: Basics of the Party Planing Business||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: Build Your Business Base||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4: Show Me The Profit!||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5: Marketing Your Services Tracking Your Spending||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment A||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Assignment B||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6: Every Party Planner Needs a Team||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: Legal Issues to Ponder||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: Tapping into Social Events||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9: Equipment and Inventory||Exam||6|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: Corporate Events||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Children's Birthday Parties and Venues||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12: Planning The Food and Beverages||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13: Party Decor||Exam||8|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14: Formulas for Success||Exam||9|
|Lesson 15: Education, Training and Evaluations||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||94|
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs
- Event Planning 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Hotel Management 101$65.000.9 CEUs