Medical Terminology 201
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Medical terminology is the specific language used by professionals in the medical industry and for success in this field, understanding and communicating in the language is critical. Medical Terminology 201 is an advanced course for those with some experience or training (Medical Terminology 101 is not required but recommended).
The course will focus on the medical terms and concepts used to understand anatomy. Lessons are organized by body system. Each lesson begins with structures and functions of a system followed by pathology, diagnostic, and procedural terminology. This easy-to-read, compact format of our online classroom makes for quick learning.
Understanding medical terminology is vital for entry in a wide range of medical professions including those entering the medical coding or medical billing fields, those looking to improve or expand job opportunities in any health-care related career, those who are seeking careers in the hospital, insurance companies or government agencies, or those in the legal profession needing to understand medical information for exchange and interpretation. If you are interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals, this class will provide the necessary skills.
Are you considering pursuing a career in medical science? If so, it’s an absolute must that you have the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists or any other medical professionals.
If you’ve already gained a rudimentary knowledge of the healthcare language known as medical terminology, but it just wasn't enough, then Medical Terminology 201 will pick up where these other classes left off.
Keep in mind – this is an advanced course. While it’s not a pre-requisite, if your medical terminology skills are rusty (or even non-existent) then you might want to consider enrolling in our introductory course, Medical Terminology 101.
However, if you're confident that you've got what it takes to make it in today’s medical field, then the successful completion of this course is a pre-requisite!
Regardless of where you stand in the healthcare industry, you won’t get very far without a clear understanding of the language of medicine.
The primary focus of Medical Terminology 201 is to help you focus on the medical terms and concepts that are used to understand human anatomy.
Many potential students stand to gain a great deal from the successful completion of this class:
· Professional medical coders and/or billers.
· Individuals eager to improve or even expand their job opportunities.
· Those looking for careers in hospitals across the country (as well as insurance companies or government agencies)
· Plus, legal professionals working in the medical field.
Fortunately, you don’t need to wait to get started. Enrollment is open 24/7 and everything you’ll need in order to excel will be provided immediately. So stop wasting time – enroll today!
Medical Terminology 201 is an ideal option for students with a basic understanding of medical terminology and works well in an online, self-paced environment. The successful completion will require a lot of reading, research and memorization, so it’s advised that interested students are comfortable reading and writing with at least a high school level.
There are a total of seven lessons, which are organized and divided by the various systems of the human body. Every lesson starts with the structures and functions of the system and further explores pathology, diagnostic and procedural terminology.
All-in-all, you benefit from an easy-to-read, compact format that makes for fast, effective learning that lasts.
If you're dedicated to setting yourself up in a career in the medical or scientific communities, and refuse to settle for anything less than the ability to communicate with others already in the field – doctors, dentists, healthcare administrators, etc.--then this is the class that will get you where you want to go.
Better yet, everything that you'll need to pass this class is provided for you the minute you enroll. There are no additional books, supplies or memberships that you'll have to purchase. Not only will this save you money, it also saves one of your most precious commodities – your time!
In Medical Terminology 201, performance is measured through end-of-lesson quizzes and assignments worth 20-25 points a piece. However, the most important performance review will come at the end of the class with the final exam. In order to pass, you need to score at least 70% or better.
If you’re sure that you're prepared to dive into an advanced course and learn the language of medical terminology, you can get started on the mastery right now!
The minute you enroll, you’ll be ready to break the ice with Lesson 1: the Integumentary System. So act now!
You’re only a registration away from professional success.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1. Integumentary System
Lesson 2. Respiratory System
Lesson 3. Digestive System
Lesson 4. Cardiovascular System
Lesson 5. Musculoskeletal System
Lesson 6. The Nervous System
Lesson 7. Genitourinary Systems
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I enjoyed all parts." -- Carolyn A.
- "This class explained more than 101, I now understand how helpful the basic terms are. Take Medical Terminology 101 and you will enjoy this class much more....Thank you again!!!! I always wanted to be a nurse and work in an ER.... I just never thought I was smart enough, but I can do it!!!! Thank you so much!" -- Karen S.
- "The instructor was there when you needed to e-mail her, she would alwasy get back in touch in a timely manner....I thoroughly enjoyed this class." -- Donna J.
- "It was a pleasure taking this class." -- Raymond M.
- "The lessons were definitely the most helpful portion of the course." -- Haley R.
- "It was what I needed at this time....I enjoyed doing this class at my own pace and having access to the dictionaries to help me with my understanding." -- Patricia H.
- "...All I can say is its a great course...thanks for sharing ideas and learnings." -- Loraine S.
- View More Testimonials...