with CEU Certificate*
Fashion Design 101 explains the qualities and skills necessary to become a fashion designer. You'll learn about the many related career opportunities available besides that of fashion design and gain an inside look into today's fashion business.
A fashion career is two-thirds artist and one-third business. Color, pattern making and illustration are all skills a fashion designer must learn in order to put a collection together. You'll learn how becoming a fashion designer involves many core related principles to completely understand the many facets of the fashion business.
This course is ideal for students, seamstresses and anyone interested in the fashion business and design quality. Since a fashion designer wears many hats, you will gain knowledge about everything from haut couture to budget clothing and that design is about performing research, applying knowledge of fabric, coordinating color and texture, and monitoring quality and fit.
People who strive to become fashion stylists have a profound knowledge of fashion, a fierce personal style and a knack for putting together complete outfits for themselves and others. This course provides lots of different information about the fashion world to help you better understand why it is important to learn about fabrics, prints and other technical aspects of fashion in order to jump-start your fashion career.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Historical Content and EducationWords of caution! If you want to enter a world the likes of Coco Chanel, you must be totally and utterly obsessed with fashion.
Lesson 2: Self-Employment or a Top JobFor a fashion designer, every season provides an opportunity. Technology alone enables a designer to deliver their message at a much faster rate.
Lesson 3: The Many Languages of FashionThis lesson will discuss the different languages of fashion.
Lesson 4: The Realities of Manufacturing and Product DevelopmentThis lesson will discuss the realities of manufacturing and product development in the fashion world.
Lesson 5: Color and FabricAn interesting fact about color: It extends from the religious, to the political, and the emotional.
Lesson 6: Fabric ProductionLearning how to make professional garments using machinery helps you adapt to designing commercial quality clothing. You will need a range of cutting and pattern-making tools.
Lesson 7: Developing Personal Creativity and StyleFashion design is all about creativity, breaking the rules, and setting trends. The role of the fashion designer is to make a person look good in an attractive way.
Lesson 8: Defining a ProjectThis lesson will discuss some of the projects students of fashion will need to be aware of.
Lesson 9: Fashion Business or Fashion CareerIf you are ambitious enough to start your own business in fashion, kudos to you! It's a tough road; however, it can be traveled successfully.
Lesson 10: Marketing Your Fashions: Defining Your UniquenessThe setting is a creation of fashion marketing. Fashion marketing uses many tools to direct the artistic eye of its audience toward a chosen trend.
Lesson 11: Processing Orders and AccountingOne of the most difficult decisions for a new clothing business is establishing price. When setting prices for your clothing designs, be thoughtful, non-biased, and know your market.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe historical content and education of fashion design.
- Determine whether you want self-employment or a top job.
- Describe the many languages of fashion.
- Describe the realities of manufacturing and product development.
- Identify color and fabric.
- Summarize fabric production.
- Describe developing personal creativity and style.
- Describe defining a project.
- Summarize fashion business or fashion career.
- Summarize marketing your fashions.
- Describe processing orders and accounting, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Historical Content and Education||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Self-employment or a Top Job||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3: The Many Languages of Fashion||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: The Realities of Manufacturing and Product Development||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5: Color and Fabric||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6.1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6.2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: Fabric Production||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7.2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: Developing Personal Creativity and Style||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: Defining a Project||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Fashion Business or Fashion Career||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: Marketing Your Fashions: Defining Your Uniqueness||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11: Processing Orders and Accounting||Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||Exam||91|
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Sewing 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Interior Decorating Made Easy$70.000.8 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.001.0 CEUs
- Yoga 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Event Planning 101$75.000.9 CEUs