Online Class: Memory Improvement
with CEU Certificate*
"It's surprising how much of a memory is built around
things unnoticed at the time."
- Barbara Kingsolver, novelist
Memory is one of the most basic and important functions of the human brain. In fact, without memory we can't learn. Most people think of memory as how we recall past events, but it is also the building blocks for almost everything we do in the present and future. Our memories provide us with a sense of our own personality and give us the information we need to function properly in the everyday world. Communication, problem solving and relationships all rely to some extent on memories that we use to inform us as we take action.
This course will explain how memory works, and will also cover these topics:
- Strategies to improve Memory
- Peg Memory Systems
- The Loci Method
- Memorizing Numbers
- SCAD: Learning to Become an 'Expert Witness'
- Faces and Names
- Powerful Public Speaking
- Everyday Memory Aids
The class is self-paced and you can take it when it fits your schedule. So why not join and learn how to maintain a healthy memory and learn some memory improvement strategies!
- Lesson 1: How Memory Works
- Lesson 2: Healthy Habits and Memory
- Lesson 3: Variety: Say It, Write it, Do It!
- Lesson 4: Peg Memory Systems
- Lesson 5: The Loci Method
- Lesson 6: Memorizing Numbers
- Lesson 7: Mnemonics
- Lesson 8: SCAD: Learning to Become an 'Expert Witness'
- Lesson 9: Faces and Names
- Lesson 10: Powerful Public Speaking
- Lesson 11: Everyday Memory Aids
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better
|Lesson 1 Exam: How Memory Works||9|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Healthy Habits and Memory||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Variety: Say It, Write it, Do It!||9|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Peg Memory Systems||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam: The Loci Method||6|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Memorizing Numbers||11|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Mnemonics||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam: SCAD: Learning to Become an “Expert Witness”||9|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Faces and Names||8|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Powerful Public Speaking||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Everyday Memory Aids||8|
|The Final Exam||15|
- Memory Strategies: How to Memorize Numbers
- Memory Strategies: Say It, Write It, Do It!
- How Your Brain Stores Memories
- Memory Strategies: Public Speaking
- Memory Techniques: The Loci Method
- The Fundamentals of Employment Law
- The Loan Process and Structure
- How to Identify and Respond to Anger
- Different Communication Styles
- Is Leadership the Same as Supervision?
- Handling Your Company's Online Profile in Internet Marketing
- Differences between Mortgage Bankers and Mortgage Brokers
- How to Handle a Denial of Benefits and Appeals in Workers Compensation
- Types of Mortgage Loans: Fixed and Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
- Understanding Legal Issues in Employment Law