- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.2 CEUs :: 12 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Can you predict which direction corn prices will go? Are you the type of person who enjoys taking risks? Do you want to be a part of an often fast-paced, emotional environment? A career in futures trading can lead to a great income and a large bank account. You can trade with your own account or manage a portfolio for a group of clients. When trades go the right way, it can be one of the most exciting industries to be a part of. But it's not for everyone. There are significant financial risks, and trading without a firm knowledge of the marketplace can lead to a rapid loss of money. Not sure how it works? Well, if you're looking for a general understanding of the commodity and futures market, this course is for you.
This course on Investing 201: Commodity Markets and Futures Trading is a comprehensive class that takes you through the history and regulations of the marketplace, how trading works, exchanges and trading participants, and trading strategies and systems. You'll learn the lingo and how to read a chart. When you complete the course, you'll have the knowledge to take the next steps in becoming a futures trader.
If you think you have the patience to hold on while the market moves against you; if you can stomach a disappointing loss and move ahead with your trading strategy; if you have money to risk while you learn the ropes, then you may have the qualities to become a futures trader. Start by learning the basics with this informative course.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - History of Commodities MarketsThis lesson offers a brief glimpse into the growth and development of commodities and futures trading in the U.S.
Lesson 2 - Futures MarketsExplore Futures markets at home and abroad by understanding trade and exchange organizations and how they work.
Lesson 3 - The ContractThis lesson explains the basic specifications that should be part of every futures contract.
Lesson 4 - Contract TypesThere are many different types of futures contracts - this lesson explains them and their differences.
Lesson 5 - Making a TradeThis lesson explains what a trading account is and how to research and utilize resources to place orders.
Lesson 6 - Trading on MarginDelve into trading margins and how to leverage trading capacity in this lesson.
Lesson 7 - Regulatory EnvironmentRules and regulations in this field are essential. This lesson explains government regulations and their role in futures and commodity trading.
Lesson 8 - How the Markets WorkHow does the futures market work? This lesson explains market processes, who engages in futures markets and what happens when orders are placed.
Lesson 9 - OptionsThis lesson explains options; options prices and how to buy, sell and manage options.
Lesson 10 - Trading StrategiesUnderstand two major trading strategy fundamentals and why they are important in futures trading practices.
Lesson 11 - ChartsThis lesson covers a variety of charts used in the futures trading markets and how to use them to your best advantage for making trading decisions.
Lesson 12 - Trading SystemsLearn how to develop a trading system for the futures market that will enhance success. This lesson explains several basic starting points for trading systems.
Lesson 13 - Careers in Futures TradingThis lesson briefly explores careers in futures trading as well as the requirements for membership or education in the field.
Average Lesson Rating: (392 votes)
12 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Investing 201: Intro to Commodity, Options, and Futures Markets
Course Number: 8900105
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Entrepreneurial
CEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: investing201.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: John Chouinard
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $40.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $65.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize history of commodities markets.
- Describe futures markets.
- Describe the options market: creating the contract.
- Define contract types.
- Summarize making a trade.
- Describe trading on margin.
- Summarize regulatory environment.
- Describe how the markets work.
- Describe the options market.
- Summarize trading strategies.
- Summarize trading systems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 - History of Commodities Markets||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 - Futures Markets||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 - The Contract||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 - Contract Types||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||40|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 - Making a Trade||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 -Trading on Margin||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 - Regulatory Environment||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||40|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 - How the Markets Work||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 - Options||Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 - Trading Strategies||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 - Charts||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 - Trading Systems||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 13 - Careers in Futures Trading||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||580|
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Investing 101: Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds$60.000.4 CEUs
- Personal Finance 101: How to Manage Your Money$55.001.0 CEUs
- Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage$60.001.0 CEUs
- Estate Planning$60.001.0 CEUs
- Retirement Planning$55.001.1 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Economics: Complete Edition$150.003.2 CEUs
- Business Math 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Analysis$95.001.2 CEUs