Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0Studentshave taken this course
This course will show you everything you need to know about business budgeting and cost cutting. You will be introduced to the different aspects of business financial tools and will have an essential primer to current business trends in cost cutting and increasing profits. At the conclusion of this course, you will understand important budgeting concepts, time tested strategies, and be able to see and easily implement savings for your company.
These topics will be discussed:
- Business Budget: We will discuss the different aspects of a business budget and how to implement a discipline for your budget that will be reasonable for your staff.
- Cash Flow & Related Issues: We will cover the basics of cash flow, short-term cash flow, long-term cash flow, how they affect your P&L statement and profit sheets.
- Business Savings and Cost Cutting: We will discuss the various areas of savings and cost cutting to explore in your company. We will also discuss employee involvement and motivation and non-traditional areas to examine.
- Payroll Budgeting: We will cover the basics of payroll budgeting, essentials to keep in mind, and both the trend in handling them and some non-traditional methods.
- Tax Concerns: We will discuss effective strategies for managing taxes is to establish a budget for your company's taxes.
- Business Plan: We will cover the importance of creating a business plan, how to create one and how to make it a strong presentation.
- Business P&L Reports: We will take an overview of your Profit & Loss Reports, what goes where, how to read them and the essentials for a successful business manager to know.
- Profit Margin Guarantees & Staying in the Black: We will cover basic and popular theories and practices in the business world.
- Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle: We will cover the importance and uses of the company's Balance Sheet and we will briefly visit the concepts of the Business Cycle.
- Traps and Mishaps: We will address the dilemma of overcoming our inevitable errors in business and managementCompany Savings.
- We will focus on savings and how to make the most progress toward savings by utilizing the good will and brain power of your staff. You will have an overview of how to continue to increase your company's savings and how to encourage sales and staff members with rewards without giving away the savings.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Request More Information
Have a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Business BudgetThis lesson will cover the basics of creating your business budget. We will discuss the different aspects of a business budget and how to implement a discipline for your budget that will be reasonable for your staff.
Lesson 2: Cash Flow and Related IssuesIn this lesson, we will cover the basics of cash flow, short-term and long-term, and how it affects your profit and loss statement and profit sheets.
Lesson 3: Business Savings and Cost-cuttingLesson 3: Business Savings and Cost-cutting
Lesson 4: Payroll BudgetingIn this lesson, we will cover the basics of payroll budgeting, essentials to keep in mind, and both the trend in handling them and some non-traditional methods.
Lesson 5: Tax ConcernsTax Concerns: One of the most effective strategies for managing taxes is to establish a budget for your company's tax obligations.
Lesson 6: Business PlanIn this lesson, we will cover the importance of creating a business plan, how to create one, and how to make it a strong presentation.
Lesson 7: Business Profit and Loss ReportsIn this lesson, we will take an overview of your profit and loss reports, what goes where, how to read them, and the essentials for a successful business manager to know.
Lesson 8: Profit Margin Guarantees and Staying in the BlackWhile we could hypothesize together about the many ways to create a profit in any given business, this lesson will cover basic and popular theories and practices in the business world.
Lesson 9: Balance Sheets and the Business CycleIn this lesson, we will cover the importance and uses of the company's balance sheet and briefly visit the concepts of the business cycle.
Lesson 10: Traps and MishapsThis lesson will address the dilemma of overcoming our inevitable errors in business and management.
Lesson 11: Company SavingsThis lesson will focus on savings and how to make the most progress toward savings by utilizing the goodwill and brain power of your staff. You will have an overview of how to continue to increase your company's savings and how to encourage sales and sta
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage
Course Number: 8900051
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: How To
CEU Value: 0.7 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: businessbudgeting.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: John Chouinard
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $35.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $60.00
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the need and purpose of a business budget.
- Define cash flow.
- Describe procedures involved in business savings and cost cutting.
- Describe the purpose and processes involved in payroll budgeting.
- Summarize common tax concerns.
- Describe a business plan.
- Describe the purpose and importance business P&L Reports.
- Define Profit Margin Guarantees
- Evaluate Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Business Budget||Exam||90|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Cash Flow & Related Issues||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: Business Savings and Cost Cutting||Exam||100|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Payroll Budgeting||Exam||100|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Tax Concerns||Exam||100|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Business Plan||Exam||90|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Business P&L Reports||Exam||100|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Profit Margin Guarantees & Staying in the Black||Exam||90|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Balance Sheets and the Business Cycle||Exam||80|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Traps and Mishaps||Exam||100|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Company Savings||Exam||80|
|The Final Exam||Exam||520|
- "I loved this class. I learnt a lot." -- Sarah K.
- "What was most helpful were the definitions, descriptions, and anecdotes." -- Michael A.