There is a lot involved in the daily operations of a business, most of which the public never actually sees for themselves. Everything has a role to play that is crucial to that business or company's ability to run. Without a key component, things can come grinding to a halt and problems can occur throughout the entire organization. One of those components is known as procurement. It is how businesses get the materials they need in their daily operations and to make their own products and goods. As with any other component, procurement needs to be managed to ensure that it is being done correctly and is running smoothly.
This course will cover the role that procurement management plays in the business world and the value it has. Topics will discuss the different areas of procurement management, and include:
· The Procurement Process--This will cover the actual stages of procurement that businesses go through to acquire their goods and materials. Traditional and non-traditional versions will be discussed.
· Ethics and Social Responsibility--The role that ethics plays in procurement management and why it is important for businesses and procurement teams to be socially responsible with their actions.
· Financial Management--The financial aspects can be just as complicated as the procurement itself. This will include information about how to manage spending and making smart purchases.
It is the intention of this course to provide professionals interested in procurement the necessary tools and resources to be successful. There's a lot involved in procurement management so it can be quite the challenge--are you ready to take it on? Let's go!
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required
Lesson 1: What Is Procurement Management?
Lesson 2: The Needed Skills in Procurement Management
Lesson 3: The Procurement Process
Lesson 4: Developing A Strategy
Lesson 5: Procurement Talent Management
Lesson 6: Ethics in Procurement Management
Lesson 7: Social Responsibility In Procurement
Lesson 8: Strategic Sourcing
Lesson 9: Working With Suppliers
Lesson 10: Financial Management
Lesson 11: Inventory Management
Lesson 12: Measuring And Analyzing Performance
Lesson 13: When Things Go Wrong
Lesson 14: Technology In Procurement Management
Lesson 15: Professional Organizations And Resources
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||11|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||11|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 12 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 13 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 14 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 15 Quiz||10|
|The Final Exam||81|
- Procurement Management Teams Work With Suppliers
- Required Skills for a Career in Procurement Management
- Developing An Effective Procurement Management Strategy
- Understanding Social Responsibility In Procurement Management
- The Importance of Financial Management in Procurement
- Dealing with Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Guide to Time Management
- The Basics of Workplace Safety, Health and Inspection
- Understanding Conflict Types
- Great Leaders in History
- Employment Law: Job Discrimination
- How to be a Retailer
- Awareness and Implementation of Cultural Aspects of Communication
- How to Use Body Language in Your Career
- Human Resources: Compensation and Benefits