Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set up correctly, maintained and protected.
When a computer encounters a problem it can be difficult to diagnose and correct the issue because they are such complex machines running complicated pieces of software. This course can help you navigate the basic concepts of computer troubleshooting and repair so that you will be better prepared to understand and resolve issues as they arise.
The good news is that many of the issues you'll encounter can be resolved without involving a technician or seeking outside help. Repairing a computer will depend on many different things such as the type of computer, the operating system, the accessories used with the computer and much more. This course focuses on the general setup and repair of a desktop PC and although it includes general ways to resolve issues, it focuses primarily on Microsoft Windows (the most used operating system in the world) as an operating system. However, if your computer does not have Microsoft Windows as an operating system, some of the included repair and troubleshooting techniques will still pertain to you.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Computer Components & AccessoriesComputer Components - Before you can understand how to repair and troubleshoot a computer you must first understand the different parts and what each part does
Lesson 2: Computer Power RepairThis lesson will cover computer power repair issues: Power Turns off Without Warning, Windows Restarts without Warning, and Keywords.
Lesson 3: Frozen Computer Screen RepairThis lesson will cover computer power screen repair issues: What to do When Computer Freezes, Program Stops Responding and more.
Lesson 4: Repairing a Slow ComputerThis lesson will cover issues regarding repairing a slow computer: Computer Boots Up Slowly, Computer is Running Slow and more.
Lesson 5: Repairing ErrorsThis lesson will cover repairing errors: Blue Screen Error, Runtime Error and more.
Lesson 6: Printer and Scanner TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover printer and scanner problems and solutions.
Lesson 7: Basic Computer Software TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover basic computer software troubleshooting.
Lesson 8: Basic Network TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover basic network troubleshooting
Lesson 9: Internet Explorer TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover Internet Explorer Troubleshooting: Issues with Internet Explorer, General Internet Explorer Questions and more.
Lesson 10: Protecting Against VirusesThis lessons covers protecting against viruses and how to repair virus damage.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Recognize computer components & accessories.
- Define computer power repair.
- Identify frozen computer screen repair.
- Describe repairing a slow computer.
- Summarize repairing errors.
- Describe printer and scanner troubleshooting.
- Describe basic computer software troubleshooting.
- Describe basic network troubleshooting.
- Describe protecting against viruses, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment:||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||4|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||7|
- "Enjoyable course and the instructor was very good." -- Nathan W.
- "I like the courses, it gives you knowledge that you need to start and refresh your memory." -- Gilbert M.
- "Terms was so helpful and the instructions were great to understand." -- Darlene D.
- "I am happy and thank you and the Instructor." -- Keith M.
- "Great and very knowledgeable." -- Denise T.
- "All of it helped greatly." -- Sonja M.
- "Highly recommend this course and the instructors are attentive so the students are not waiting very long for the results of assignments and exams." -- Loida L.
- View More Testimonials...