Online Class: Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set up correctly, maintained and protected.
When a computer encounters a problem it can be difficult to diagnose and correct the issue because they are such complex machines running complicated pieces of software. This course can help you navigate the basic concepts of computer troubleshooting and repair so that you will be better prepared to understand and resolve issues as they arise.
The good news is that many of the issues you'll encounter can be resolved without involving a technician or seeking outside help. Repairing a computer will depend on many different things such as the type of computer, the operating system, the accessories used with the computer and much more. This course focuses on the general setup and repair of a desktop PC and although it includes general ways to resolve issues, it focuses primarily on Microsoft Windows (the most used operating system in the world) as an operating system. However, if your computer does not have Microsoft Windows as an operating system, some of the included repair and troubleshooting techniques will still pertain to you.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: Computer Components & Accessories
Lesson 2: Computer Power Repair
Lesson 3: Frozen Computer Screen Repair
Lesson 4: Repairing a Slow Computer
Lesson 5: Repairing Errors
Lesson 6: Printer and Scanner Troubleshooting
Lesson 7: Basic Computer Software Troubleshooting
Lesson 8: Basic Network Troubleshooting
Lesson 9: Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
Lesson 10: Protecting Against Viruses
- Recognize computer components & accessories.
- Define computer power repair.
- Identify frozen computer screen repair.
- Describe repairing a slow computer.
- Summarize repairing errors.
- Describe printer and scanner troubleshooting.
- Describe basic computer software troubleshooting.
- Describe basic network troubleshooting.
- Describe protecting against viruses.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- "All of it helped greatly." -- Sonja M.
- "The Complete course was very helpful." -- Samuel A.
- "Great Instructor." -- Joann B.
- "Very helpful and responsed to my e-mails very quickly." -- Rick D.
- "I've learned to troubleshoot my own computer which I think is of great value. It's way to expensive to bring it to a technician all the time." -- Margaret M.
- "Very easy to learn from." -- William G.
- "It was liberating to learn how to troubleshoot and repair my computer and I will continue to refer to my notes when I encounter difficulties with my computer. Thanks." -- Jean S.
- "This is an excellent instructor. I have found him to be very thorough and also provided any additional information that he felt would enhance the class experience." -- Barbara M.
- "Being a first time online user, the entire course was a great experience. I am a computer hobbyist and any and all computer related material is useful." -- Michael P.
- "The instructor was great! Enjoyed it all!" -- Deborah C.
- 45 hours 4.5 CEUs Ultimate Excel Training Bundle $125.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Outlook 2021 $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Adobe After Effects $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs How to Start and Run an Online Business $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe Lightroom 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Internet Marketing Basics $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Adobe Photoshop 101 $95.00
- 20 hours 2.0 CEUs Photoshop Elements 101 $95.00
- 16 hours 1.6 CEUs Advanced Excel 2019 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Microsoft Access 2019 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Publisher 2021 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Cybersecurity 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Adobe Captivate $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe Premiere 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Google Docs $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Windows 10 $95.00
- 13 hours 1.3 CEUs Adobe Illustrator 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Developing Great Social Skills $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Sheets $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Microsoft Word 2021 $95.00
- 19 hours 1.9 CEUs Electronics 101 $95.00
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks Online $95.00
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Excel 2021 $80.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Final Cut Pro X $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe InDesign 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Slides $95.00
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate $95.00
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs PowerPoint 2021 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Digital Photography 101 $95.00