Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set up correctly, maintained and protected.
When a computer encounters a problem it can be difficult to diagnose and correct the issue because they are such complex machines running complicated pieces of software. This course can help you navigate the basic concepts of computer troubleshooting and repair so that you will be better prepared to understand and resolve issues as they arise.
The good news is that many of the issues you'll encounter can be resolved without involving a technician or seeking outside help. Repairing a computer will depend on many different things such as the type of computer, the operating system, the accessories used with the computer and much more. This course focuses on the general setup and repair of a desktop PC and although it includes general ways to resolve issues, it focuses primarily on Microsoft Windows (the most used operating system in the world) as an operating system. However, if your computer does not have Microsoft Windows as an operating system, some of the included repair and troubleshooting techniques will still pertain to you.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Computer Components & AccessoriesComputer Components - Before you can understand how to repair and troubleshoot a computer you must first understand the different parts and what each part does
Lesson 2: Computer Power RepairThis lesson will cover computer power repair issues: Power Turns off Without Warning, Windows Restarts without Warning, and Keywords.
Lesson 3: Frozen Computer Screen RepairThis lesson will cover computer power screen repair issues: What to do When Computer Freezes, Program Stops Responding and more.
Lesson 4: Repairing a Slow ComputerThis lesson will cover issues regarding repairing a slow computer: Computer Boots Up Slowly, Computer is Running Slow and more.
Lesson 5: Repairing ErrorsThis lesson will cover repairing errors: Blue Screen Error, Runtime Error and more.
Lesson 6: Printer and Scanner TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover printer and scanner problems and solutions.
Lesson 7: Basic Computer Software TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover basic computer software troubleshooting.
Lesson 8: Basic Network TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover basic network troubleshooting
Lesson 9: Internet Explorer TroubleshootingThis lesson will cover Internet Explorer Troubleshooting: Issues with Internet Explorer, General Internet Explorer Questions and more.
Lesson 10: Protecting Against VirusesThis lessons covers protecting against viruses and how to repair virus damage.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Intro to PC Troubleshooting and RepairCourse Number: 8900071Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: pcrepair101.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Dave ScarbroughSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $70.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $95.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize computer components & accessories.
- Define computer power repair.
- Identify frozen computer screen repair.
- Describe repairing a slow computer.
- Summarize repairing errors.
- Describe printer and scanner troubleshooting.
- Describe basic computer software troubleshooting.
- Describe basic network troubleshooting.
- Describe protecting against viruses, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 2 Assignment: Assignment 25 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 3 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 4 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 5 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 6 Exam Exam 7 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 7 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 9 Exam Exam 4 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 10 Exam Exam 7 Final Exam Exam 85 Total Points: 421
- "The Complete course was very helpful." -- Samuel A.
- "The course is well organize as well as the instructor. He is awesome. What was most helpful was the manner in which it gives step by step instructions to subject." -- Godfred B.
- "Great Instructor." -- Joann B.
- "Very helpful and responsed to my e-mails very quickly." -- Rick D.
- "I've learned to troubleshoot my own computer which I think is of great value. It's way to expensive to bring it to a technician all the time." -- Margaret M.
- "Very easy to learn from." -- William G.
- "It was liberating to learn how to troubleshoot and repair my computer and I will continue to refer to my notes when I encounter difficulties with my computer. Thanks." -- Jean S.
- View More Testimonials...