- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0.9 CEUs :: 9 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Event planning is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner, nor is a certificate or any other formal training--although any training and/or education you can receive would certainly be very beneficial and give you an edge over others just starting out.
Those who are brand new to the field of event planning can earn excellent money in this career path, and the benefits and salary only increase with the event planner's contacts, networking and skill level. Those at the top of their game can earn in excess of millions per year.
Event planning is an exciting, lucrative and interesting career choice; however, it is not for everyone. Those who have a lot of energy, are comfortable with self-promotion, enjoy talking to and socializing with strangers, who are well organized, can handle multi-tasking and have an eye for detail will enjoy this career. If you are laid back, shy and prefer to be "behind the scenes," you may want to choose another profession. This course will give you a great basic understanding of event planning. It will also explain some of the details of how the business works and what an event planner does exactly. Lastly, it will give you the basics to help get you started in this exciting, rewarding and often fun filled career.
There are ten comprehensive lessons written in an easy to follow, informative manner. The end of each lesson will provide you with multiple summary review questions so that you may effectively test your new found knowledge. We encourage you to use these self-test questions to determine whether you are ready to move on to the next lesson or if you should review portions of the preceding lesson before taking the next step. Don't rush yourself. Take the time to read all portions of the lessons and complete the exercises and self-tests. Making full use of this course, in its entirety, is the first step in getting more of what you want in life and business.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What Is an Event Planner?Event planners work to ensure the success of an event, which includes meetings, parties, fundraisers, and many others.
Lesson 2: The Importance of Networking to the Event PlannerAny event planner needs a good group of people who can provide the required elements to put the event together and make it a great success. This lesson discusses the importance of networking and how to develop networking skills and con
Lesson 3: The Major Types of Event PlanningThere are three major areas of this field that are the most popular, and thus often become the highest paying. The first is corporate event planning, the second is wedding planning, and the last is special party or celebration event planning.
Lesson 4: Corporate Event Planner BasicsCorporate event planners most often are employed by large to medium-sized companies or corporations. They organize, orchestrate, and arrange various events, meetings, conventions and educational seminars.
Lesson 5: Wedding Planner BasicsWedding planners may offer wedding day only coordination or a full range of other services, such as helping find the perfect reception location or by planning the wedding from start to finish.
Lesson 6: Special Party and Celebration Event Planner BasicsSpecial party and celebration planners organize the party or celebration according to the wishes of those who hired them.
Lesson 7: A Bird's-eye View of Planning a Single EventThis lesson gives you a broad view of what planning one single event would look like.
Lesson 8: A Bug's-eye View of Planning a Single EventIn this lesson, we will use the gathered data to get a more detailed plan, from which a final plan will be made.
Lesson 9: Details That Make a DifferenceIf you want to be an event planner, then you need to always focus on the details that make a difference.
Lesson 10: Starting Your Own Event Planning ServiceIf you want to run your own company, you should have experience, many contacts, and a good amount of starting capital.
Average Lesson Rating: (1819 votes)
9 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Event Planning 101
Course Number: 7550035
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: How To
CEU Value: 0.9 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: eventplanning.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: UniversalClass Staff Instructor
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what an event planner is and determine whether or not it is right for you.
- Describe the importance of networking as an event planner.
- Describe the major types of event planning.
- Summarize the processes involved in planning a corporate event.
- Summarize the processes involved in planning a wedding.
- Describe the processes involved in planning special parties and celebrations.
- Outline and summarize the details of planning any major event.
- Summarize how to start your own event planning service, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|1A: Introduce Yourself||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Event Planning Defined||Exam||200|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam:The Importance of Networking to the Event Planner||Exam||190|
|Lesson 3, Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam:The Major Types of Event Planning||Exam||190|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam:Corporate Event Planner Basics||Exam||190|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam:Wedding Planner Basics||Exam||200|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam:Special Party & Celebration Event Planner Basics||Exam||190|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam:A Birds Eye View of Planning a Single Event||Exam||190|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam:A Bugs-Eye View of Planning a Single Event||Exam||190|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam:Details that Make a Difference||Exam||200|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam:Starting Your Own Event Planning Service||Exam||200|
- Event Planning : The Ultimate Guide to Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, and Other Special Events
- How to Start a Home-Based Event Planning Business, 2nd (Home-Based Business Series)
- The Complete Guide to Successful Event Planning : With Companion CD-ROM
- Professional Organizer Training$69.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.001.0 CEUs
- Persuasion Techniques$60.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Negotiation Skills$65.000.8 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Team Management$60.001.0 CEUs
- Travel Agent 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Kitchen Sanitation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- How to Write a Grant Proposal$75.001.5 CEUs
- Waiter and Waitress Training 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Internet Marketing Basics$60.001.2 CEUs
- Retail Business 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Concierge 101: How to Run a Personal Service Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.001.0 CEUs