with CEU Certificate
In Etiquette 101, you'll learn the rules of good behavior for today's most common social and business situations, including the common courtesies of life that many of us have forgotten or may not have learned, from when to offer your seat on a bus to a stranger to how to share a cab. It will also go over telephone etiquette, with the updated rules for cell phone use and the new rules for office calls.
Correspondence, including emails, entertaining and being a polite guest, giving and receiving gifts and life's big events are all covered, with examples – both good and bad! There is also a section on life situations that are never easy, such as death and divorce, with etiquette suggestions that will help you navigate the minefield of emotions surrounding these situations.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Why Etiquette MattersEtiquette is merely a set of guidelines for politeness and good manners, the kindnesses with which we should always treat each other.
Lesson 2. The Common Courtesies of LifeThe common courtesies of life are the endless little gestures we make almost unconsciously as we move through our day.
Lesson 3. Polite ConversationThe art of small talk and polite conversation is quickly dying. Many people are uncomfortable in situations where they have to make small talk with others or chat with people they've just met.
Lesson 4. Telephone EtiquetteMore of our communication is done by telephone every day. Home phones, office phones, and cell phones are our virtual ties to each other as we rush from place to place.
Lesson 5. CorrespondenceAlthough you probably keep in touch with most of your friends and family by phone or email, you should occasionally send a real letter, particularly to older relatives who don't have a computer.
Lesson 6. Basic Table MannersTable manners make eating with others a pleasant experience. There's nothing more disturbing than sharing a meal with someone who eats with his mouth open, drums his fingers on the table, and has no idea how to actproperly while dining.
Lesson 7. Overnight GuestsFamilies and friends today often live on opposite sides of the country or at least several hours away from each other. With travel so easy by car, plane, and bus, most of us have spent weekends more than once visiting with loved ones.
Lesson 8. Wedding EtiquetteA brief overview of how to act at some of the more common celebrations will enable you to handle yourself gracefully at all of life's happiest celebrations.
Lesson 9. Moments of SorrowJust as we celebrate life with weddings and births, we mark the sorrows of life as well.
Lesson 10. The Rules of the WorkplaceNowhere are the rules of etiquette more important than in the workplace. In a social setting, breaking the rules may embarrass you momentarily, but it is usually forgiven and forgotten fairly quickly.
Lesson 11. Gift-giving GuidelinesGiving and receiving gifts is one of the most pleasurable pursuits connected with any special occasion.
Lesson 12. Appropriate Behavior for ChildrenAs parents, we need to teach our children manners at a young age and understand that certain behaviors in our children don't need to be tolerated by other adults.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize why etiquette matters.
- Describe the common courtesies of life.
- Summarize polite conversation.
- Describe telephone etiquette.
- Define proper correspondence.
- Describe basic table manners.
- Describe etiquette overnight guests.
- Describe wedding etiquette.
- Define etiquette for moments of sorrow.
- Define the rules of the workplace.
- Define appropriate behavior for children.
- Summarize gift giving guidelines, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1. Why Etiquette Matters||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2. The Common Courtesies of Life||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3. Polite Conversation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4. Telephone Etiquette||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5. Correspondence||Exam||8|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6. Basic Table Manners||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7. Overnight Guests||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8. Wedding Etiquette||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9. Moments of Sorrow||Exam||7|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10. The Rules of the Workplace||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11. Gift Giving Guidelines||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12. Appropriate Behavior for Children||Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||Exam||49|
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language$60.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$65.001.5 CEUs
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Knitting 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Decorating Made Easy$70.000.8 CEUs
- Candle Making 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Soap Making 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Genealogy 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Career Coaching$65.001.4 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$65.001.0 CEUs
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles$55.001.0 CEUs
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.001.0 CEUs
- Sewing 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.001.0 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching$75.001.1 CEUs