Reiki 1st and 2nd Degree
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
In this course, you will learn the basics of 1st and 2nd Degree Reiki. You will have a foundational understanding necessary for self administering its healing principles, learn how to positively respond to stress, how to relax and to accept happiness, learn to pass well-being onto others who share in the respect of healing the whole person with holistic Reiki techniques, the power to heal people who are not around you, and send healing energy anywhere in the world to improve crisis situations.
We will discuss the healing rituals associated with Reiki 1 and representative symbols associated with Reiki ll. Material will touch on the history of Reiki as well as its different Eastern and Western branches, principles that govern the practice of Reiki, and both the basic and more complex philosophies concerning the body's energy and how it impacts the healing process, the creation of sacred settings, cultivating Reiki mastery and walking a Reiki spiritual path.Reiki can be used as a cure for a multitude of ailments and can also be incorporated in everyday living so as to lead a happy and peaceful life. When you experience the healing powers of Reiki, you feel compelled to learn more and pass on the benefits to others around you. The first level of Reiki is a basic level that gets you acquainted with the universal source of healing energy and how we can use it for overall well being. The second level of Reiki gives you more power and introduces various symbols that can be used for specific healing purposes. At the end of the course, your understanding of Reiki principles and practices should be comprehensive and through daily or weekly practice and regular meditation, you will prepare yourself to share your new knowledge and you will be ready to help heal others.In this course, both level 1 and level 2 distance attunements will be given.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. What is Reiki?Experts in Reiki could easily agree that Reiki is a healing art. Reiki involves the same "laying on of hands" as so many practice in all parts of the world for the transference of healing power.
Lesson 2. The History of ReikiIt is clear that Reiki Healing was born in Japan, through the efforts of Mikao Usui, but thankfully it and other similar healing methods have been exported to the world at large.
Lesson 3. Common Sources of Disease in the BodyIn Reiki philosophy, the notion of Disease should first and foremost be reclassified as "Dis-Ease", a state in which the body should be in its natural state of biological 'ease', but isn't.
Lesson 4. Health Issues and How They Respond to ReikiReiki is the simplest of the healing arts; beyond hand positioning and faith in the Ki energy, there is really nothing else to learn. This simplicity is simultaneously Reiki's largest drawback.
Lesson 5. The Five Reiki PrinciplesThe five Reiki principles are principles based on universal truths for daily experiencing a happy and successful life.
Lesson 6. Chakras and Meridians in Your BodyAlthough practitioners of Reiki distance themselves from "religious philosophies," especially in the West, Mikao Usui's personal religious background as a Japanese Buddhist cannot be ignored.
Lesson 7. Colors, Purposes, and Functions Associated with the ChakrasReiki healing energy tends to be absorbed by whatever Chakra needs it the most.
Lesson 8. Choosing a Reiki MasterMany who discover the healing potential of Reiki are naturally fascinated and seek to gain further knowledge of it, even mastery.
Lesson 9. Preparations, Grounding, and MeditationBefore a Reiki session, refrain from smoking, drinking alcohol, or taking drugs. Eating very spicy foods or wearing strong perfume or cologne is inadvisable as they can be distractions.
Lesson 10. Healing YourselfWith Reiki, you can (and should) use healing on yourself whenever possible.
Lesson 11. Learning to Heal OthersA Reiki healing session should take approximately one hour from start to finish, as it includes approximately 17 hand positions requiring three minutes each.
Lesson 12. Group Healing and Special CasesReiki healing can also be performed by a group, as long as all practitioners have First Degree Reiki experience. The original healers of the Hayashi Reiki Center in Japan worked as teams, and still do.
Lesson 13. How Reiki II Differs from Reiki IReiki is a gentle healing system that can help anyone in distress. Reiki can be used as a cure for a multitude of ailments and can also be incorporated into everyday living to lead a happy and peaceful life.
Lesson 14. Second Degree Power Symbol (Cho Ku Rei)Reiki II practitioners are given more tools to heal other people and therefore have more control over energy as compared to Reiki I practitioners.
Lesson 15 Second Degree Harmony Symbol, Sei-He-KiIt is the second symbol in Reiki and is popularly known as the harmony symbol. As the name suggests, this particular nine-stroke symbol is used to bring about harmony and is especially helpful in healing distressed relationships.
Lesson 16. Second Degree Distant Symbol, Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-NenThe third symbol, HON SHA ZE SHO NEN is crucial if you wish to practice distance healing.
Lesson 17. Drawing Second Degree Reiki SymbolsRight from ancient times, symbols have been used in all cultures to convey a much deeper meaning than what ordinary words would. This is mainly because a symbol is often a combination of several words.
Lesson 18. A Path Of SymbolsThis lesson will include these topics: Use of Symbols in Treatments for Oneself and Others, Reiki Ethics, Reiki Symbols and Attunement. irect healing, Hands on Treatments Using Symbols to Treat Self and Others, Past Life healing with symbols.
Lesson 19. Reiki with Color and CrystalsA complementary therapy, Reiki is used for the healing of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual diseases. Reiki is a "spiritually guided life force energy".
Lesson 20. Becoming A MasterReiki is all things to humanity. It actually is everything that we need at each moment in our life. Reiki is nothing. It is complete emptiness. It is freedom; freedom from pain and suffering.
Lesson 21. Review of Terms.A complementary therapy, Reiki is used for the healing of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual diseases. It has been practiced for thousands of years. In the 1920's Mikao Usui rediscovered and developed Reiki in Japan.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Reiki 1st and 2nd DegreeCourse Number: 7550379Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 2.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: reiki1st2nddegree.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Dave ScarbroughSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $125.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $150.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what reiki is.
- Summarize the history of reiki.
- Describe common sources of disease in the body.
- Describe health issues and how they respond to reiki.
- Define the five reiki principles.
- Summarize chakras and meridians in your body.
- Describe colors, purposes and functions associated with the chakras.
- Summarize how best to choose a reiki master.
- Summarize preparations, grounding and the male-female ule exercises.
- Describe the processes for healing others using reiki.
- Group Healing and Special Cases
- Describe how reiki II differs from reiki I.
- Describe second degree power symbol (cho-ku-rei).
- Describe second degree harmony symbol (sei-he-ki).
- Describe second degree distant symbol (hon-sha-ze-sho-nen).
- Describe reiki with color and crystals, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1: Reiki and Energy Assignment 20 Lesson 1: What is Reiki? Exam 15 Lesson 2: Historical Background of Reiki Assignment 25 Lesson 2: The History of Reiki Exam 15 Lesson 3: Concept of Diseases in Reiki Assignment 20 Lesson 3: Common Sources of Disease in the Body Exam 14 Lesson 4: Reiki and Diseases Assignment 25 Lesson 4: Health Issues and How They Respond to Reiki Exam 15 Lesson 5: Principles of Reiki Assignment 25 Lesson 5: The Five Reiki Principles Exam 14 Lesson 6: Chakras in Reiki Assignment 25 Lesson 6: Chakras and Meridians in Your Body Exam 15 Lesson 7: Colors Associated with Each Chakra Assignment 20 Lesson 7: Colors, Purposes and Functions Associated with the Chakras Exam 15 Lesson 8: First Degree Reiki Assignment 20 Lesson 8: Choosing a Reiki Master Exam 13 Lesson 9: loving kindness (metta) Assignment 25 Lesson 9: Preparations, Grounding and Meditation Exam 21 Lesson 10: Hand Positions in Self Healing Assignment 25 distance attunement for level 1 Assignment 10 Lesson 10: Healing Yourself Exam 15 Lesson 11: Hand Positions on the Front of the Body Assignment 20 Performing Reiki on Others Assignment 25 Lesson 11: Learning to Heal Others Exam 14 Lesson 12: Group Reiki Assignment 20 Reiki 1st Degree Review Exam 57 Lesson 12: Group Healing and Special Cases Exam 15 Lesson 13: The Reiki I and II differences Assignment 20 Lesson 13: How Reiki 11 differs from Reiki 1 Exam 15 Lesson 14: Using The Power Symbol Assignment 20 Lesson 14: Second Degree Power Symbol (Cho-Ku-Rei) Exam 13 Lesson 15: The Second Symbol Assignment 20 Lesson 15: Second Degree Harmony Symbol (Sei-He-Ki) Exam 15 Lesson 16: The Third Symbol Assignment 20 Lesson 16: Second Degree Distant Symbol (Hon-Sha-Za-Sho-Nen) Exam 14 Lesson 17: Basic Symbols Assignment 20 Lesson 17: Drawing Second Degree Reiki symbols Exam 15 Lesson 18: Healing Assignment 20 Lesson 18: A Path Of Symbols Exam 15 Lesson 19: Color Assignment 20 Lesson 19: Reiki with Colors Exam 13 Lesson 20: Practicing Reiki Assignment 20 Distance attunement for level 2 Assignment 10 Distance healing assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 20: Becoming A Master Exam 13 Lesson 21: Reiki Vocabulary Assignment 20 The Final Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 21: Review of Terms Exam 15 Total Points: 911
- "I found that the instructor was very good about grading in a very timely fashion. The lessons, exams and assignments all worked well together to ensure that I understood each lesson." -- Susan S.
- "The whole layout of the course was excellent and easy to follow! Reiki Level I & II was a very informative and enlightening course. I learned more in this online course than the course I took in person in my hometown. I was very pleased with the instructor. He is prompt in grading the tests, responding to emails, and providing immediate feedback." -- Erlinda S.
- "Enjoyed the video presentations as well as course content." -- Deborah P.
- "This is the first class I have taken online. It was a good experience and worth the time and effort I put into it. I chose Reiki 1 & 2 because I had talked to people who had wonderful Reiki experiences and I wanted to learn more and I did." -- Dorothy B.
- "This was a very informative class. I learned not only the process of Reiki, but the history behind it as well. The instructor was extremely helpful in both his comments and in answering emails. It was ALL helpful. The way that information was presented was extremely helpful and made it easier to remember." -- Debra N.
- "Fantastic instructor!! Always available...corrected my assignments and exams immediately. Also answered my emails immediately. Each Lesson's content was thorough and the "passion" for reiki was evident. The instructor was amazing." -- Rebecca S.
- "The teacher was always available and helpful." -- Josie H.
- View More Testimonials...