with CEU Certificate
Pregnancy is a common enough occurrence. It happens all the time. Until it happens to you or someone you love for the very first time. Then, the questions mount and without answers your fears may begin to get the better of you. By looking into the entire process of pregnancy, the kind of care you can select, evaluating the choices you can make will take away the fear and anxiety of this very beautiful condition.
Prenatal Care will give you advice, information about the conditions you can expect to face as you journey through your pregnancy, and just what your baby is doing each week. This course will also let you know what to expect in terms of prenatal testing to assure the health of your baby. It will also talk about the importance of nutrition, vitamins, hydration, and rest.
Learning what could be dangerous to you and your growing baby will help you to make choices at work and at home that will ensure the safety of both of you. How you take care of yourself during your pregnancy will have a major influence on how healthy you and the baby are after delivery. The beauty of preparing yourself for the labor and delivery portion of this journey is that you will have so many more choices than the mothers who just wait for things to happen.
By adequately preparing yourself, your partner, and your healthcare giver, you will be the one in charge of your body both during and after pregnancy. The end goal is to deliver a happy and healthy baby. Prenatal Care lessons will assist you every step of the way.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson One: Preparing for PregnancyThe very best time to consider giving your unborn child the best is actually long before you are even pregnant.
Lesson Two: Pregnancy and YouYour pregnancy is going to mean a lot of changes for you, both physically and emotionally.
Lesson Three: Preparing for DeliveryMost of the time you will be given no choice in hospital if you have managed care or an HMO.
Lesson Four: Things That Can Affect You During PregnancyEmotional stress can cover a myriad of issues, and expecting mothers wonder if suffering from emotional stress can affect their unborn baby.
Lesson Five: Medications and Health during PregnancyAll medications that you intend to take during pregnancy MUST be discussed with your health care provider. Do not take anything without consulting with him or her first.
Lesson Six: Prenatal Tests and Analysis MethodsWith the advance in twenty-first century medicine, science is interested in every test known to man to determine just how healthy a baby is likely to be when he or she is born.
Lesson Seven: First Trimester: Weeks 1 - 12Most experts agree that morning sickness is caused by the great fluctuation of your hormones as you begin your pregnancy journey.
Lesson Eight: Second Trimester: Weeks 13 - 24Varicose veins are veins that become enlarged, but constricted during pregnancy.
Lesson Nine: Third Trimester: Weeks 25 - 40Your third trimester is here and just about everyone who has eyes can tell you are pregnant.
Lesson Ten: Fetal Development during PregnancyDuring the course of your pregnancy your baby is constantly changing. Initially, it is hard for you to be aware of what is actually happening to your baby because he or she is so small that you cannot feel the changes.
Lesson Eleven: Giving BirthIt is just about time for you to finally meet your beloved child. Your entire pregnancy has been spent preparing for the final scene, labor and delivery.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for pregnancy.
- Prepare for delivery.
- Describe things that can affect you during pregnancy.
- Summarize medications and health during pregnancy.
- Describe prenatal tests and analysis methods.
- Describe what to expect in the first trimester.
- Describe what to expect in the second trimester.
- Describe what to expect in the third trimester.
- Describe fetal development during pregnancy.
- Summarize the birthing process, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Pre-pregnancy Evaluation||Assignment||15|
|Lesson One: Preparing for Pregnancy||Exam||12|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Addressing Emotions||Assignment||15|
|Lesson Two: Pregnancy and You||Exam||10|
|Lesson Three: Preparing for Delivery||Exam||12|
|Lesson Four: Things That Can Affect You During Pregnancy||Exam||11|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Folic Acid Importance||Assignment||15|
|Lesson Five: Medications and Health during Pregnancy||Exam||11|
|Lesson Six: Prenatal Tests and Analysis Methods||Exam||8|
|Lesson Seven: First Trimester - Weeks 1-12||Exam||10|
|Lesson Eight: Second Trimester - Week 13 - 24||Exam||12|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Toxemia and Braxton Hicks||Assignment||15|
|Lesson Nine: Third Timester - Weeks 25 - 40||Exam||8|
|Lesson Ten: Fetal Development during Pregnancy||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Birth Plans||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Eleven: Giving Birth||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||49|
- Behavior Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$65.001.5 CEUs
- Microbiology 101$110.003.0 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Organic Chemistry 101$105.002.5 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 201$80.001.7 CEUs
- Medical Assistant 101: Career Overview$75.002.2 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Career Coaching 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.0 CEUs
- Medical Office Procedures 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.001.0 CEUs
- Caring for Patients with HIV/AIDS 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- CPT Coding for Beginners$154.002.0 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Introduction to Medical Billing$110.001.7 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching 101$75.001.1 CEUs
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology$95.001.8 CEUs
- End of Life Care$60.000.4 CEUs
- Medical Terminology for Medical Coders$115.001.4 CEUs
- Anti Aging Techniques$65.001.2 CEUs
- Introduction to Medical Coding$154.002.0 CEUs
- Careers in Healthcare$55.000.2 CEUs