Medical Terminology 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Learn and recognize word roots, prefixes, and suffixes used in medical language today. Learn how to combine words to create meaningful medical conditions as well as comprehend their definition and know the correct spelling. In this medical terminology course, we'll cover medical terms related to all major body systems, including: muscular system, skeletal system, respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, reproductive system, and urinary system. Whether are new to the medical profession, or you just need a refresher class, this medical terminology course is for you!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Medical BasicsThis lesson will identify basic body systems, medical terms, and vital signs; distinguish between symptoms and disease; determine the specialty of care by identifying the meaning of the word root and much more.
Lesson 2: Basic Word Roots, Prefixes, and SuffixesThis lesson will define word roots, prefixes, and suffixes; provide an understanding of how to analyze and construct medical terms from their component part and much more.
Lesson 3: Human Body OrientationThis lesson will define anatomy and physiology, recognize anatomic position, familiarize students with planes of the body, equip students with the ability to locate parts of the body based on the descriptive orientation terms, and much more.
Lesson 4: The Human Body in Health and DiseaseThis lesson will recognize terms related to the pathology of cells, tissues, and glands; types of disease, and modes of disease transmission; recognize different medical specialties and specialists; and much more.
Lesson 5: The Cardiovascular SystemThe Cardiovascular System.
Lesson 6: The Digestive SystemThe Digestive System.
Lesson 7: The Lymphatic SystemThe Lymphatic System.
Lesson 8: The Musculoskeletal SystemThe Musculoskeletal System.
Lesson 9: The Nervous SystemThe Nervous System.
Lesson 10: The Respiratory SystemThe Respiratory System.
Lesson 11: The Skin and Sense OrgansThe Skin and Sense Organs.
Lesson 12: Endocrine System, Urinary SystemLet's study the Endocrine System and Urinary System.
Lesson 13: Male and Female Reproductive SystemsIn-depth look of the Male and Female Reproductive Systems.
Lesson 14: Examination and InstrumentationThis lesson will describe the techniques of inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation; and identify and understand various instruments utilized in a physical examination as they relate to specific body parts.
Lesson 15: Final ExamFinal Exam
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define and recognize basic word roots, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Describe human body orientation.
- Describe the human body in health and disease.
- Define terms relating to the cardiovascular system.
- Define terms relating to the digestive system.
- Define terms relating to the lymphatic system.
- Define terms relating to the musculoskeletal system.
- Define terms relating to the nervous system.
- Define terms relating to the respiratory system.
- Define terms relating to the skin and sense organs.
- Define terms relating to the endocrine system and urinary systems.
- Define terms relating to the male and female reproductive systems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Why are you taking a medical terminology course?||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Quiz 13 - Mid-Term Course Review||Exam||195|
- "Taking this course also helped me in my Anatomy and Physiology class....The instructor was very helpful with her input on the assignments. She gave more insight to what I turned in which was very helpful and gave correct answers to the questions that I missed, which made it easier for me to understand where I went wrong." -- Sarah G.
- "Straight forward lessons, easy to read." -- Amy G.
- "I loved this class and learned alot so thank you!" -- Brittni M.
- "Thank you for your comment and answers to all of the questions that were incorrect on my quizes, I was able to find the correct answers and the reason why the answer were wrong. This was a great learning opportunity." -- Daimon R.
- "The videos were very helpful they exemplfied the differences or points of confusion. e.g. the dorsal hand being most sensitive for palpation. In thinking dorsal as being "back" I was thinking the "back of the hand". But common sense tells me the palm of the hand is most sensitive to touch." -- Elizabeth C.
- "The instructor was there if you needed assistance. She was very quick to get back with you and your grades on the quizes." -- Ingrid J.
- "The lessons were easy to follow because of the detail that the instructor put into it....Videos are good too. Thank you for this online learning experience." -- Kathy K.
- View More Testimonials...