Medical Terminology 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Course DescriptionThis medical terminology course covers the medical language and terminology used by health care professionals everywhere.If you're interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals, this class will meet all your needs.In easy to review lessons, you'll find our user-friendly format will not only give you a solid foundation in medical language, but can be completed in less than 25 days! You will analyze individual word parts such as prefixes, suffixes and word roots, along with learning body system dynamics, basic medical language, body orientation, health, wellness, and disease terms. You will learn the basic components of medical terminology as it relates to each body system plus the instruments used in assessment will also be reviewed.So if you're planning on pursuing a career in medical transcription, medical billing or medical coding, physician's secretary or medical support staff, or you just need a review or extra tutoring for your anatomy and physiology classes, or maybe you want a jump start in the medical field before starting college; or perhaps you're just interested in learning the latest in medical language--you can begin today--enroll right now!
Learn and recognize word roots, prefixes, and suffixes used in medical language today. Learn how to combine words to create meaningful medical conditions as well as comprehend their definition and know the correct spelling. In this medical terminology course, we'll cover medical terms related to all major body systems, including: muscular system, skeletal system, respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, reproductive system, and urinary system. Whether are new to the medical profession, or you just need a refresher class, this medical terminology course is for you!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Medical BasicsThis lesson will identify basic body systems, medical terms, and vital signs; distinguish between symptoms and disease; determine the specialty of care by identifying the meaning of the word root and much more.
Lesson 2: Basic Word Roots, Prefixes, and SuffixesThis lesson will define word roots, prefixes, and suffixes; provide an understanding of how to analyze and construct medical terms from their component part and much more.
Lesson 3: Human Body OrientationThis lesson will define anatomy and physiology, recognize anatomic position, familiarize students with planes of the body, equip students with the ability to locate parts of the body based on the descriptive orientation terms, and much more.
Lesson 4: The Human Body in Health and DiseaseThis lesson will recognize terms related to the pathology of cells, tissues, and glands; types of disease, and modes of disease transmission; recognize different medical specialties and specialists; and much more.
Lesson 5: The Cardiovascular SystemThe Cardiovascular System.
Lesson 6: The Digestive SystemThe Digestive System.
Lesson 7: The Lymphatic SystemThe Lymphatic System.
Lesson 8: The Musculoskeletal SystemThe Musculoskeletal System.
Lesson 9: The Nervous SystemThe Nervous System.
Lesson 10: The Respiratory SystemThe Respiratory System.
Lesson 11: The Skin and Sense OrgansThe Skin and Sense Organs.
Lesson 12: Endocrine System, Urinary SystemLet's study the Endocrine System and Urinary System.
Lesson 13: Male and Female Reproductive SystemsIn-depth look of the Male and Female Reproductive Systems.
Lesson 14: Examination and InstrumentationThis lesson will describe the techniques of inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation; and identify and understand various instruments utilized in a physical examination as they relate to specific body parts.
Lesson 15: Final ExamFinal Exam
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Medical Terminology 101Course Number: 8900158Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: College LevelCEU Value: 1.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: medterms.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Cheryl Reinerio, RN, BC, MSNSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define and recognize basic word roots, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Describe human body orientation.
- Describe the human body in health and disease.
- Define terms relating to the cardiovascular system.
- Define terms relating to the digestive system.
- Define terms relating to the lymphatic system.
- Define terms relating to the musculoskeletal system.
- Define terms relating to the nervous system.
- Define terms relating to the respiratory system.
- Define terms relating to the skin and sense organs.
- Define terms relating to the endocrine system and urinary systems.
- Define terms relating to the male and female reproductive systems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Why are you taking a medical terminology course? Assignment 10 Quiz 1 Exam 100 Quiz 2 Exam 100 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 5 Quiz 3 Exam 85 Quiz 4 Exam 100 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 5 Quiz 5 Exam 14 Quiz 6 Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 5 Quiz 7 Exam 8 Quiz 8 Exam 8 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 5 Quiz 9 Exam 10 Quiz 10 Exam 10 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 5 Quiz 11 Exam 8 Quiz 12 Exam 11 Quiz 13 - Mid-Term Course Review Exam 195 Quiz 14 Exam 90 Final Exam Exam 84 Total Points: 868
- "All the lessons were very helpful, It has been yrs since i was in the Medical field, and this course has help me to progress." -- Tracey M.
- "The lessons were very informative and well organized." -- mandy G.
- "What was most helpful were the quizes after each chapter, to see how well I understood something and could remember something." -- Cassie D.
- "The written part of the course was very helpful, it explained what the exam was about very clearly." -- Charlene D.
- "I enjoyed this course." -- Erin P.
- "Thanks for helping me to go through my course." -- Candeth G.
- "The videos in each lesson helped out a lot. It helped burn the information into you're brain a little more before you take the quiz." -- Kelly P.
- View More Testimonials...