with CEU Certificate*
The healthcare industry, complex and rigorous even for the most knowledgeable and thorough of professionals, requires that paperwork be submitted both in a highly accurate and very timely manner.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Medical CodingThe healthcare industry, complex and rigorous even for the most knowledgeable and thorough of professionals, requires that paperwork be submitted both in a highly accurate and very timely manner.
Lesson 2: Introduction to Diagnosis Coding"Act or process of identifying of determining the nature and cause of a disease or injury through the evaluation and examination of a patient history's and the review of subsequent laboratory data."
Lesson 3: ICD-9-CM - What is it?Introduction to ICD-9-CM coding.
Lesson 4: ICD-9-CM Coding and StructureFormally known as the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification, most within the healthcare industry tend to call it by its acronym, ICD-9-CM.
Lesson 5: ReimbursementOne of the primary purposes of medical coding, and subsequent billing, is to obtain a reimbursement from the third-party biller.
Lesson 6: ICD-9-CM Coding Practice ProblemsReview ICD-9-CM Coding Practice Problems.
Lesson 7: Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)What is CPT?
Lesson 8: CPT Coding and StructureCurrent Procedural Terminology (CPT) as officially stated encompasses a set of codes, descriptions and guidelines used to distinguish medical procedures performed by physicians and additional healthcare providers.
Lesson 9: Evaluation and Management (E/M) CodingIn this lesson we'll be exploring E/M coding.
Lesson 10: Surgery and Integumentary System CodingIn this lesson we'll explore surgery and integumentary system coding.
Lesson 11: Anesthesia CPT CodesLet's explore the anesthesia CPT codes.
Lesson 12: Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Musculoskeletal SystemsCardiovascular, respiratory and musculoskeletal are distinct in terms of their unique terminologies and special cases, they all share the commonality of having a range of codes correlative to anatomical surgeries.
Lesson 13: Radiology and Pathology CodingWe will now turn our attention to the two remaining CPT Manual subsections (outside of medicine and the appendices), those of radiology and pathology.
Lesson 14: CPT Coding Practice ProblemsWithin the CPT 2007 Standard edition, there are literally tens of thousands of individual CPT codes. Thus, while it would impossible and non-productive (as they change so frequently) to memorize all of the codes, it is a good idea to understand how the ma
Lesson 15: Introduction to Documentation (Medical History)Health Information Management and Documentation occupies a titanic area within the medical world.
Lesson 16: Medical Examination, Decision Making, Selecting the Correct CodeAs a medical coder, your job will be select the most appropriate diagnostic and/or procedural code in order to report encounters, services, tests, treatments, supplies and procedures provided to a patient.
Lesson 17: Issues with Fraud and AbuseWithin the US, hundreds upon hundreds of cases pertaining to medical coding/billing fraud and abuse annually amount to billions of dollars lost to government programs, public and private healthcare companies and third party billers.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define medical coding.
- Summarize diagnosis coding.
- Define ICD-9-CM and summarize its coding and structure.
- Describe the reimbursement process.
- Demonstrate solving ICD-9-CM coding practice problems.
- Define Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and summarize its coding and structure.
- Demonstrate Evaluation and Management (E/M) Coding.
- Demonstrate Surgery and Integumentary System Coding.
- Demonstrate using Anesthesia CPT Codes.
- Demonstrate coding for Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Musculoskeletal Systems.
- Demonstrate Radiology and Pathology Coding.
- Solve CPT Coding Practice Problems.
- Summarize documentation procedures.
- Summarize issues with fraud and abuse, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Microbiology 101$110.003.0 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Caring for Seniors$78.001.4 CEUs
- Organic Chemistry 101$105.002.5 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 201$80.001.7 CEUs
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology 1 & 2$115.003.3 CEUs
- Advocacy for Elderly Patients$65.000.8 CEUs
- Medical Assistant 101: Career Overview$75.002.2 CEUs
- Diabetes 101$60.000.5 CEUs
- Alzheimer's Disease 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- HIV: Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment$60.001.0 CEUs
- Nursing Assistant Career Overview$60.001.1 CEUs
- Asthma 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Aging and Long Term Care 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Medical Office Procedures 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Caring for Patients with HIV/AIDS$60.000.5 CEUs
- CPT Coding for Beginners$154.002.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Medical Billing$110.001.7 CEUs
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology$95.001.8 CEUs
- End of Life Care$60.000.4 CEUs
- Careers in Healthcare$55.000.2 CEUs