Medical Billing and Coding Course Bundle
with CEU Certificate*
Only $175.00* - Save $384.00
Course DescriptionThis course bundle includes the following courses:
Medical Terminology for Medical Coders:This medical terminology course for medical coders covers the medical terminology used by professional medical coders in today's healthcare industry. We'll start with the very basics of medical terminology, reviewing word roots, prefixes, and suffixes that make up medical words. We'll then move on to each body system where we'll work on recognizing and defining their related medical terms. This comprehensive review of medical terminology will not only benefit those new to medical terms used in medical coding, but also act as a refresher for those already experienced in medical coding.Introduction to Medical Billing:Medical billing is one of the fastest growing healthcare jobs. Hospitals, private practices and clinics could not survive without someone who efficiently handles their day-to-day Medical Billing procedures. A medical biller's job responsibilities can include: expert management of healthcare billing--processing, adjusting and resubmitting of claims; adherence to current healthcare industry regulations and policies; and compliance with insurance procedures and allotted benefit coverage. This self-paced course will quickly and easily train you in these procedures.
CPT Coding for Beginners:
This self-study medical coding course will emphasize the rules and guidelines on the CPT coding manual.
The course benefits those who work or want to work in the medical field whether it be as a medical biller, medical coder, medical collector, or medical office administrator.
The class format is designed to help the beginner coder learn and understand the concept of coding using the CPT-4 coding manual.
The course is designed to help the experienced coder gain additional knowledge and practice on their speed in preparation for the coding certification exam.
Coding scenarios are provided to help the student continue his/her knowledge in the field of medical coding.ICD-10: Medical Coding:The ICD-10 is the chronological successor to the ICD-9 system. This new classification system provides many improvements through detailed information and the ability to expand in order to obtain additional advancements in medicine.
The ICD-10-CM is the diagnosis classification system developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to allow healthcare facilities and providers assign a "diagnosis code" for billing purposes. The format is similar to the ICD-9-CM, but with ICD-10-CM system, 3 to 7 alpha and numeric digits and full code titles are used. The ICD-10-PCS is the procedure classification system developed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to allow healthcare facilities and providers in the U.S. bill for inpatient hospital setting services.
HIPAA Compliance 101:
In this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of HIPAA--the "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act". Included are modules explaining the legislative origin of HIPAA, which providers are covered under the act, as well as the steps necessary to protect patient information and request disclosures.
In addition, we will examine the measures needed to maintain HIPAA compliance and understand the compliance auditing, violation and investigation processes. We will also present some case studies of patients who have complained of HIPAA violations, which resulted in lawsuits and fines for the providers.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
List of Included Courses
Additional Course Information
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$150for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$175for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I just found that this course was very easy to use and very easy to understand. The instructor was great, I had asked her a question and she got back to me right away. I enjoyed this class so much that it inspired me to take another class and I was very lucky to have the same instructor. " -- Christine M.
- "Thanks for the class! It was interesting, but now I know that I DON'T want to be a medical biller - my personality isn't suited for it!" -- Pamela F.
- "It made me feel great when I had to stop for awhile due to handling several personal family issues and my instructor took the time to send me an email to make sure I was ok since I hadn't been active in class. She really does care about student participation!" -- Beth O.
- "Thank-you for the opportunity." -- Kathi C.
- "Since I had not taken this course before and had no knowledge to what it was about I thought all the materals were good." -- Debbie C.
- "The information provided was very thorough." -- Ashley T.
- "The instructor was awesome. Any time I had questions they were answered within a couple of days. The class was great. I have already signed up for Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology. I know I will enjoy these classes to." -- Kathy S.
- View More Testimonials...