with CEU Certificate*
Here's what you will learn:
- You will discover the differences in modern cameras, and find a recommendation for which one you should buy, if you are in the market for one.
- You will learn what the pro's do, and how you can do the same thing for less.
- You will find step-by-step instructions on how to make great photos that are worthy of submission to any local photography contest.
- You will read about real life photography experiences from amateur photographers "just like you" who have something interesting to share.
- You will discover more than just how to press your camera's button
- You will follow several examples through the course to show you the range of photography options available to you.
- You will read about camera lenses, exposure, and lighting in a way that actually helps you understand rather than confuses you more with technical jargon.
- You will actually see photographs that compare different types of techniques to help you learn how different settings produce different results.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - Camera BasicsIn this first lesson, we will go over how all cameras work, and the parts of the camera that you need to know about.
Lesson 2 - Operating a CameraThis lesson will show that more than just pointing and clicking is required to take great pictures.
Lesson 3 - Types of FilmThis lesson will not only examine the different film types, and the type you should use, but it also will explain the differences between digital cameras and film cameras -- and reveal which one is actually better!
Lesson 4 - Aperture and Shutter SpeedsIn this lesson, we will take a more in-depth look at aperture and shutter speed, and their relationship to film exposure.
Lesson 5 - TTL Light MeterIn this lesson, we will take exposure one step further by looking more intently at metering.
Lesson 6 - Depth of FieldIn this lesson, we will explore depth of field. Every exposure setting has its own unique side effect, which can be used by the photographer to achieve specific creative goals.
Lesson 7 - Choosing LensesTypes of lenses and their impact on pictures, whether film or digital, are explained.
Lesson 8 - Lenses ContinuedIn this lesson, we will examine further the different types of lenses common to most professional cameras, and the lengths and angles that affect your image the most.
Lesson 9 - LightingThe importance of lighting for great picture-taking is discussed.
Lesson 10 - Lighting ContinuedIn this lesson, we will learn more about the different uses of daylight for your photography, the use of timing with daylight, and the various elements of natural light photography.
Lesson 11 - Flash PhotographyIn this lesson, we will learn the types of flashes, various flash facts, and details concerning the effective use of your camera's flash.
Lesson 12 - FiltersIn this lesson, we will cover the various filters used in photography, including lens filters, color filters, skylight and UV filters, polarizing filters, and special effects filters.
Lesson 13 - Steady ShootingIn this lesson, we will cover key features to steady shooting, namely how to hold the camera; shutter speeds and lenses; and how to use a tripod and cable releases.
Lesson 14 - Digital vs. FilmThis lesson will focus on digital and film images, and the differences between them.
Lesson 15 - Enhancing PhotographsThis lesson will reveal when, and how, to enhance your picture in some easy ways.
Lesson 16 - Organizing the PictureHow to arrange your picture so that the image in your mind will turn out to be the photograph that comes out of your camera.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic camera operations.
- Summarize operating a camera.
- Summarize types of film.
- Demonstrate aperture and shutter speeds.
- Identify TTL light meter.
- Demonstrate depth of field.
- Determine how to choose appropriate lenses.
- Demonstrate lighting techniques.
- Demonstrate flash photography.
- Determine filter use with your camera.
- Summarize steady shooting techniques.
- Describe film and its use in the today's world.
- Determine enhancing photograph techniques.
- Demonstrate organizing picture techniques, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Introductory Questions||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1 Quiz||Exam||25|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Practice Taking a Picture that tells a story||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||Exam||20|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Testing Types of Film||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Lesson 4 Assignment- Practice Taking a Better Picture||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||Exam||6|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Practice Using a Light Meter and/or Gray Card||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||Exam||6|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Depth of Field Pictures||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Testing Different Lens Shots||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Practice Using Different Lenses||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Testing Lighting||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||Exam||30|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Practice These Lighting Conditions||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Practice Using Your Flash||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: Practice Taking Pictures with Filters||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 13 Assignment: Practice Steady Shooting||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 13 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Lesson 14 Assignment: Which is Better?||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 14 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 15 Assignment: Enhance Your Own Photo's Now||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Final Assignment: Show Us a Good Picture Now!||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 16 Quiz||Exam||8|
- MS Publisher 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Digital Wedding Photography 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Film Appreciation$75.001.3 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs